+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We need story driven quests for unlocking advanced souls when we eventually get them.

Soulwalker

Default We need story driven quests for unlocking advanced souls when we eventually get them.

I used to play Final Fantasy XI Online and one of the greatest things about that game are the way you unlock advanced classes through their own epic story.

When I first hit level 13 in Rift and found quests to unlock more classes I was expecting something like an epic quest for each one, instead I found a quest to go destroy a Rift and get an item to summon and defeat a soul of a dead hero.
    That's pretty cool for a basic soul, but when we eventually get advanced souls the quests need to be grand and story driven adventures.

This is of course if Trion ever plans on making advanced souls in the future.

Also, how perfect would a true Summoner class be? There's easily enough lore to support one other than Elementalist, perhaps one that makes pacts with some elemental gods.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
    I used to play Final Fantasy XI Online and one of the greatest things about that game are the way you unlock advanced classes through their own epic story.

When I first hit level 13 in Rift and found quests to unlock more classes I was expecting something like an epic quest for each one, instead I found a quest to go destroy a Rift and get an item to summon and defeat a soul of a dead hero.
    That's pretty cool for a basic soul, but when we eventually get advanced souls the quests need to be grand and story driven adventures.

This is of course if Trion ever plans on making advanced souls in the future.

Also, how perfect would a true Summoner class be? There's easily enough lore to support one other than Elementalist, perhaps one that makes pacts with some elemental gods.
    According to the lore that is not possible as the elemental lords were subverted and corrupted by the dragons when they descended on Telara. The Bahmi are decendants of the elemental Air lords before Crucia invaded and corrupted the beings there.

I agree that the "quests" to obtain more souls was rather disappointing. It takes all of about 1-2 hours at level 13 to obtain all of your other souls. Maybe this is intentional. I liked in Lord of the Rings Online when you obtained certain levels that you had to do an instanced class specific quest. It would be really nice if this were added for obtaining each of the souls. For example, to obtain Elementalist, maybe you would have to perform a quest to bind an elemental.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jhenox View Post
    For example, to obtain Elementalist, maybe you would have to perform a quest to bind an elemental.
    I'd rather have something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBBDcC166Tg

This is the Summoner class unlock quest in FFXI, it's pretty epic when you do it because you meet a Summoner hero from the old wars , then travel the world to gather the elements you need to summon the demigod to make a pact with it and unlock the class.

After all that you have to fight each elemental demigod in their pocket dimension inside elemental crystal around the world to make a pact with them so you can summon them as well.

Wish more MMO's would look to Final Fantasy XI for ideas rather than WoW.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post
    According to the lore that is not possible as the elemental lords were subverted and corrupted by the dragons when they descended on Telara. The Bahmi are decendants of the elemental Air lords before Crucia invaded and corrupted the beings there.
    Where do the elementals the Elementalists use come from? I always thought they come from the rifts dimensions.

Is there any lore on what is on the other side of a rift? I would think it's an entire other world based on that element, surly not everything in that world could be corrupted.

+ Reply to Thread