+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The minimap should indicate if a node are below your skill level.

Plane Walker

Default The minimap should indicate if a node are below your skill level.

There is not much point to the mini-map showing nodes that you can't currently harvest, other than for future reference. It would be helpful if nodes beyond your skill showed up as a different color (probably red) or you could simply turn them off.

(Edit: Boy, I really wish thread titles could be edited. LOL, grammar.)
    Last edited by SpearAndMagicHelmet; 04-18-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpearAndMagicHelmet View Post
    There is not much point to the mini-map showing nodes that you can't currently harvest, other than for future reference. It would be helpful if nodes beyond your skill showed up as a different color (probably red) or you could simply turn them off.

If you hover your cursor over the node marker on your minimap, it will tell you which type of node it is. Hmmm... that's something that could likely be added to that epic "Things I Wish I Knew Sooner" thread that I've seen somewhere.

PS: don't sweat the grammar, my posts from my iPhone, while on public transport/work with an awful 3G connection... not too good. Later on when I look at them, and see all my typos, etc... it's wince city.
    Minimum Requirements Show Podcast - For all the geek.. And cheese.
    Http://www.floorislava.com.au/MinReq

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Foxsyd View Post
    If you hover your cursor over the node marker on your minimap, it will tell you which type of node it is.
    I'm aware of that. It still offers no direct indication of whether you have the skill for it or not, and it's still kind of pointless for things that you can't mine to show up.

Default Edit: title

I could see different shades on icons to indicate above/below current skill level (Paler ones are show for ones that are grey for you, Regular coloring shows for green to orange ones, and darker icons are above your current skills ie- red).

Edit: If you click "Go Advanced" when you're editing you can change the title
    Last edited by JugglingFool04; 04-19-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

I'm aware of that. It still offers no direct indication of whether you have the skill for it or not, and it's still kind of pointless for things that you can't mine to show up.
    But you the player *know* what you have the skill for or not, as you find out very quickly yourself, the first time you encounter that titaniam, and have a go at it, see the numbers in red once you get to it, then from then on you know you know that titaniam is on your list of "need so many points first".

And it's not like there a 1000s of different types of nodes that it's hard to remember. It's like 1 or 2 types of nodes you will encounter. I don't think it's necessary for that info to be there on that hover over.
    Minimum Requirements Show Podcast - For all the geek.. And cheese.
    Http://www.floorislava.com.au/MinReq

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Foxsyd View Post
    But you the player *know* what you have the skill for or not, as you find out very quickly yourself, the first time you encounter that titaniam, and have a go at it, see the numbers in red once you get to it, then from then on you know you know that titaniam is on your list of "need so many points first".

And it's not like there a 1000s of different types of nodes that it's hard to remember. It's like 1 or 2 types of nodes you will encounter. I don't think it's necessary for that info to be there on that hover over.
    Well, the way I see it is that I have provided a reason to change it.

You haven't really provided any reason not to change it. You've only provided a reason why it doesn't matter to you.

+ Reply to Thread