+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild Color's

Telaran

Default Guild Color's

Seing since there are no Cloaks/Mantles in this game and i dont want to ruin the way my gear looks with a tabard, i suggest that guild leaders should be able to design guild colors and symbol on an Equipable Cloak to show off your guild crest as a vanity iteam. Also in pvp espesialy in world pvp ur guild can be recognized by the colors on their mantle, also perhaps have more detailed extravogant guild cloaks you can purchase as your guild goes up in levels so a very high level guild will have a more impressive looking cloak then guilds that are just starting out.
    Last edited by Stromgard; 04-18-2011 at 08:47 PM.

I've long wanted some Guild Heraldry (a "coat of arms" that is accompanied by specific colors and a short phrase) in the game; the way of displaying it could change greatly between character types or the situation.

Some possibilities;
    - Summon Guild banner shows Guild Heraldry and colors; could be true of all Guild Banners if their purpose was denoted in unique ways.
    - Cloaks (wrap-around capes) for Leather- and Cloth-wearing users; Cloak is the color of Guild, Heraldry emblazoned across the back.
    - Shields for Warriors and Clerics would have the Guild Heraldry proudly painted on them.
    - "Inspect" screen shows the Guild Heraldry off to the side of the character or behind them.
    - Mounts have barding with the colors of the Guild (not the whole Heraldry).
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Shadowlander

/sign

I like the idea of proudly showing your guild affiliation this way. Perhaps though make it so as that you can choose the option you like best. Be able to buy from a vendor a banner, tabard, cloak, mount decorations or shield design(those who wear shields).

That would be really nice I think.

I've got an even smaller start. Give player names from the same guild a slightly different color!
    Make them for example a slightly darker green. This enables us to see our guildmates in the world.
    Now i just run past them and don't even know they where there.

Soulwalker

that seems like a cool idea, that way each guild could be their own.

Ascendant

Yup, I'd sign this suggestion.

I'm actually quite surprised this isn't in the game, it's a very common feature in other MMO's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgard View Post
    Seing since there are no Cloaks/Mantles in this game and i dont want to ruin the way my gear looks with a tabard, i suggest that guild leaders should be able to design guild colors and symbol on an Equipable Cloak to show off your guild crest as a vanity iteam. Also in pvp espesialy in world pvp ur guild can be recognized by the colors on their mantle, also perhaps have more detailed extravogant guild cloaks you can purchase as your guild goes up in levels so a very high level guild will have a more impressive looking cloak then guilds that are just starting out.
    Its a good idea, and EvE online has this option for alliances. It takes months to years though to get it put in the game. What I think would be better is the system that EvE uses for its corporations. The CEO of the corp can choose a color and design from a slew of predesigned images. If this was put into Rift and able to be put on the chest piece of guild members that would be great. Maybe just a small armpatch.
    The best End Game is always player created and never dev scripted

What about a Coloration option in the Character Screen that lets you don the Guild's colors onto your current clothes? It would override (but not erase) any existing Dyes for as long as the option was active.

The Guild Leader would designate what these colors (Primary and Secondary) were, and from that point onward any Guildmate could toggle these colors on or off (not sure if toggling it should cost anything...)

Though I still really like the idea of a Heraldry or Coat of Arms.
    Last edited by Morvick; 04-20-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Usually when I read a suggestion I dont agree with all of it. But this I like. I run a guild with 140+ people and we're rank 7. Several people have asked about tabards or a way to show guild pride. I think cloaks/capes with a guild insignia would be a fantastic way to do this without taking away from the armor that exists.
    "Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Telaran

I see alot of Good suggestions here, im glad no one is Flaming this Thread. I know ALOT of people love Cloaks, and ALOT of people love Guild crests, Combinding Capes and Guild Colors would just kill two bird with one stone and not even have to add an iteam with stats to balance. Look at Cyril Kalmar's Cloak if i had somthing like that but with my guilds insignia on it... i would feel Truely EPIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrosine View Post
    I've got an even smaller start. Give player names from the same guild a slightly different color!
    Make them for example a slightly darker green. This enables us to see our guildmates in the world.
    Yes this needs to be done as well. Like blue for friendly players, green for guildies, and red for enemy. Something simple to let us know at a glance they're in my guild.
    The best End Game is always player created and never dev scripted

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinoplat View Post
    Yes this needs to be done as well. Like blue for friendly players, green for guildies, and red for enemy. Something simple to let us know at a glance they're in my guild.
    Green is already used to show friendly players marked for pvp, at least on a pve shard.
    "Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    I've long wanted some Guild Heraldry (a "coat of arms" that is accompanied by specific colors and a short phrase) in the game; the way of displaying it could change greatly between character types or the situation.

Some possibilities;
    - Summon Guild banner shows Guild Heraldry and colors; could be true of all Guild Banners if their purpose was denoted in unique ways.
    - Cloaks (wrap-around capes) for Leather- and Cloth-wearing users; Cloak is the color of Guild, Heraldry emblazoned across the back.
    - Shields for Warriors and Clerics would have the Guild Heraldry proudly painted on them.
    - "Inspect" screen shows the Guild Heraldry off to the side of the character or behind them.
    - Mounts have barding with the colors of the Guild (not the whole Heraldry).
    I like the ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrosine View Post
    Yes please

+ Reply to Thread