+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I don't like chat in Warfronts

Soulwalker

Default I don't like chat in Warfronts

I love to pvp and to do warfronts. I love the dynamics and the unpredictability of warfronts/pvp.

I however DON'T like the ability to chat with the other faction in warfronts. I feel that it is inappropriate and a lot of it is immature. I would like an option to be able to hide cross faction chat in warfronts. I am a level headed kind of guy and don't mind losing I will just re-queue but when someone from the other faction starts blabbing off just because they won, then it takes the sportsmanship out of it all. It is just a game and I enjoy it winning or losing but I hate it when people have poor sportsmanship, especially when these people never say anything when they lose.

So please Trion I am asking for the ability to turn on cross faction filters (works in the same way the profanity filter would) and I am asking for an "option" so that those that do like the added competition can keep it. I however feel that it takes a lot out of the experience.

Ato

So make a tab for warfronts, only checkmark the Raid chat box. Poof problem solved. I enjoy the **** talk though, spices things up. People who choose to fling out tears or insults get to die extra

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ato View Post
    So make a tab for warfronts, only checkmark the Raid chat box. Poof problem solved. I enjoy the **** talk though, spices things up. People who choose to fling out tears or insults get to die extra
    I can do this however, to create another tab and to not view that tab would mean that my communication with my team is blocked off.

Ato

Quote Originally Posted by aragaren View Post
    I can do this however, to create another tab and to not view that tab would mean that my communication with my team is blocked off.
    How so? Is your team talking in /say or /shout? You can disable all that communication in the options. Just make a warfront tab, turn on /party /raid /whatever you want and disable the chats the enemy can use to smack talk (/say etc.) The tools are already in game. Takes all of a split second to click a chat tab, so once done in the WF switch back to normal.
    Last edited by Ato; 04-18-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Soulwalker

How so? Is your team talking in /say or /shout? You can disable all that communication in the options. Just make a warfront tab, turn on /party /raid /whatever you want and disable the chats the enemy can use to smack talk (/say etc.) The tools are already in game.
    Oh I see what you are saying now, make a tab for warfronts and the yells will stay in general tab. Thank You!

Ato

Quote Originally Posted by aragaren View Post
    Oh I see what you are saying now, make a tab for warfronts and the yells will stay in general tab. Thank You!
    Exactly! Happy hunting.

The trash talk can be funny if both sides have a good sense of humor about it.

Once had a cleric spam "LoL NERF INC" to a pyro guildmate. We both cracked up in vent at that. Meanwhile, the cleric was spam healing through a pyro, a warlock, and rogue smashing him. He kept himself topped off until one of them finally silenced him.

Saw the same cleric in the next few warfronts--trolling in yells about pyros. He must be mad that there is one soul with enough burst to take him below 80% health.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

+ Reply to Thread