+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legacy Quests - Cross-Character Rewards

Rift Master

Post Legacy Quests - Cross-Character Rewards

I apologize if the name Legacy Quests was used in a different pretext in other games, but I'll clearly define what I mean here in this thread. So my apologies if I got your hopes up for old game features.

Legacy Quests to me are epic questlines that can be done by a character that would reward all your characters you ever create. These could span multiple zones and require a lot of work but in the end you would see the rewards carry over to every one of your characters.

Let's say for example:
    On your main you partake in a quest Slaying of the Legion, a long epic quest about an arduous journey into the Storm Legion's home base, fighting back all of their most powerful soldiers and defeating some colossi along the way. When you finish you will be rewarded an achievement with a title, and a Legacy. A Legacy is an item (or choice of an item) that is then given to every single one of your characters.

Whenever you create a new character upon reaching the level of that Legacy (there could be a large variety of them across all levels) you would be able to speak to an NPC known as The Inheritor, who would allow you to choose your legacy (Slaying of the Legion might be a Level 20 Blue Weapon for example, so you'd have to choose which type you want). When you claim this Legacy your character would then gain the achievement and title your main did.

This would encourage players to (and help with) leveling alts, rerolling on other servers, and exploring the world. You could even go as far as making some Legacies class-based and such. It has quite a bit of potential.

Rift Master

Rescue from page 5.

Rift Master

No one has any comments or criticism or ideas for the system?

I think a better place to start would be Character "legacy" quests. Maybe I missed that one questgiver who kicks me off on the Saga Quest (I'm 50 and can't find the person in any zone). Point being, I want a Dwarven Heritage Questgiver. A Warrior Calling Questgiver. A Paladin Class Questgiver, even!

Make me feel tied to the way I have chosen to play! I don't care how long the Questline is; make it a hundred, 200 quests! Just make it worthwhile with achievements and leveled loot throughout. ^^

Though the Legacies as you have suggested them are also awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Rift Master

Was thinking about this old post today when I got my Ember Steed from Recruit-a-Friend.

Would be cool to see this, even for endgame mounts. Maybe being exalted with factions unlocks the ability for Legacy Quests, maybe each Calling/Race has its own Legacy quests (with the potential for rewarding ANY new characters).

There's so many possibilities with such a system.

+ Reply to Thread