+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More planar powers.

Champion

Default More planar powers.

I think most of us can agree, there really isn't that many planar powers.
    I think trion can and should buff them up.

Let's start by introducing 3 tiers.
    Each tier gets it's own title.
    You start at tier 1, planar novice, with 3 planar charges.
    Once you reach Decorated with every rift faction you can buy tier 2, which has 4 charges, for 10000 planarite.
    Once you reach Honored with every rift faction, you can buy tier 3, which has 5 charges, for 25000 planarite.

Now, on to the new powers.

Planar Slipstream - 25000 planarite, uses 3 charges, needs tier 2.
    Upon closing a rift, this lets you travel the planar slipstream, instantly teleporting to another tear in the area. 20 minute cooldown.

Summon Rescue Porticullim - 30000, uses 5 charges, needs tier 3
    Summons a porticullim master for 2 minutes. Teleporting costs 5x more than normal.

Summon Expert Tear - 15000, uses 3 charges, needs tier 2
    Summons an expert tear, cannot be used within 200 metres of any city, will disspear if not used for 2 minutes, this tear can only open up expert rifts.

Planar Horn - 5 sourceshards of the area used, planarite dependent on the area.
    Each area's rare planar goods store sells these, upon use, while the buff is up, whenever an invasion starts, is about to start, or is underway in an area, a message is displayed to you.

That's really all I can think of at the moment, thoughts?

Thumbs up

One of the best suggestions yet!

How about adding a 5 planar charge power to force a tear if there are no rifts in area? (could be a minor or a major)

/signed
    "Bird is the word!...'nuff said"

Champion

I was thinking about that but doesn't seem worth it that much unless you're farming planarite.

Rift Disciple

!!

Big /signed!

!!

I don't know why I didn't think about it myself, I think that planar powers are one of the nicer perks of the game, give them more world interaction type stuff.

I'd imagine that Trion already has ideas to increase the number of planar powers, but here's hoping the do more sooner than later!

ALSO! please trion, introduce something to let people know what they are! I didn't buy the first planar powers because i thought they were just something that were a 1 time use since they were so cheap.

Had to run back and find the dude to buy them from in freemarch at like.. lvl 35.
    Last edited by Plagued00; 04-13-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Ascendant

While I'm not a fan of some of the abilities, the idea behind this is great. Would make getting Rift Faction rep more worthwhile for non-raiders, and really highlight the planar power of the Ascended.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Untouch View Post
    That's really all I can think of at the moment, thoughts?
    I see you're looking for stuff only the hardcore elite can use. The rep. grind alone you propose is hideous and out of the question for many people, not to mention the tens of thousands of Planarite you want it all to cost.
    Last edited by Kerin; 04-13-2011 at 11:37 PM.

+ Reply to Thread