+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle/Keep Seige Idea.......A bit different though

Rift Chaser

Default Castle/Keep Seige Idea.......A bit different though

People are asking for this and cant seem to figureout how to think of a way to make it work. I have taken a shot and discussed a DAOC style on how to get it done but that would be a rip off and we all know it. How about this

1. Put a keep in every disputed Zone. This Keep can be captured by either faction and held. The guild that captures it gets a bonus while controlling it. The guilds Faction that controlls it also gets a bonus, "IE a 10 bonus to damge and armor"
    2. The Rift invasions go after this location first and formost with all invaders, this adds a wildcard that can be used to rest control of the keep from the other faction, and since Rift invasions are not worldwide it would also promote getting people to work together to get to them when an invasion is taking place.
    3. Make the keeps upgradeable with built on seige devices and give both the other faction and Rift invaders seige weapons as well. Make both the invaders and opposing faction have to bring those weapons in from another location such as a vendor at their major hub in the area or their capital city but only be able to place them withen a range of the keep like a quest active area.

Discuss!

Soulwalker

Default Great Idea!!!

I already canceled my subscription, but if Trion deveopers manage to create some kind of PvP related fights with Rifts invasions like you describe, i will come back, .

This seems abit like Aion also. Only problem is, how are you going to entice any 50s to come back and capture a keep in say...gloamwood?

"What do i get if i go to a noob zone and help them capture a keep?" is a question that will probably be asked a lot.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Telaran

Keep sieges will def bring RvR to life, will be just pure awesomeness.....

1) replicate L2 castle system
    2) watch your PvP community tenfold overnight
    3) ????
    4) profit!!! (a LOT)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    This seems abit like Aion also. Only problem is, how are you going to entice any 50s to come back and capture a keep in say...gloamwood?

"What do i get if i go to a noob zone and help them capture a keep?" is a question that will probably be asked a lot.
    Only contested areas would have a keep.
    The 50's who are PVP centric would not hesitate to take a keep if it gave them a 10% bonus in the WF's to Damage/Favor something useful as a bonus for your guild taking and holding the keep. You would have to make it so a guild could only have one keep of course.

Rift Chaser

Default Lets see if we can get a post froma Dev on this, it would rule

I think if we can push this hard enough the Devs might take it to heart and it fits their theme, Lets get us a blue post

Rift Chaser

Default imagine the rift Boss going on the offensive

It would add a huge deminsion to the rifts, as a boss would now gain extra meaning as if the seige is going on and the defenders have not beaten the invaders at the gates, and the other faction seals all the rifts then the rift boss decends on teh keep as well.........that would Rock......Imagine defending that and the rush you would get from winning and the reverse of being the attacking faction and having to strat around getting the boss out and then beating it before it takes the keep for the invaders and spawns a rift right over the keep and pours out invaders on the territory. If the rift invaders controll the keep you have to beat the keep then the rift with the boss already up.

Rift Chaser

Default I would not be upset if they just put the keeps out, and slowly moved the seige weps

Just to get it out there its such a good idea that I think we would all buy into it with the idea that Seige equipment would eventually come.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DArksayian View Post
    Just to get it out there its such a good idea that I think we would all buy into it with the idea that Seige equipment would eventually come.
    Aaaaand then it all goes downhill. Enemy players ARE the siege equipment. Send your tanks at the door, keep healers on them but out of range of the battlements. Sorted.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Aaaaand then it all goes downhill. Enemy players ARE the siege equipment. Send your tanks at the door, keep healers on them but out of range of the battlements. Sorted.
    How does that account for the mobs attacking the healers as they attack the door at the same time. I can kill a healer and I know a pyro mage can as well. Please dont sell yourself short. I think we all would want this and would not mind waiting through refinements to get access to it sooner. Getting through the door is only half the battle anyway. I would also advocate a faction boss inside the actual keep to deal with when the door came down to make it as hard to take as when a Rift boss has the keep minus the rift spewing enemies out to off set the fact they would have to deal with two factions that can communicate.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    you also would have to completely ignore the other player faction to accomplish this. Not a viable strategy my friend, it would fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    1) replicate L2 castle system
    2) watch your PvP community tenfold overnight
    3) ????
    4) profit!!! (a LOT)
    ^^^

only thing that killed that game for NA is the grind. we don't want to spend 1 full year of playtime to reach max lvl (365 days played, yes 365 days to reach max lvl). we want to be max lvl fast and then start the game and have fun (ala wow, rift, other games etc...). give us real pvp and we will be happy.

no one complained in shadowbane being able to reach max lvl in 1 day because there was so much involved in maxing your character (training skills could cost millions of gold unless your guild owned the trainers). but shadowbane was amazing because of the pvp system, castle sieges make/break a game!!!
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Shadowlander

Add in an instance/dungeon that is controlled by the faction who owns the most keeps and this is pure win!

Soulwalker

Default !!

I cant believe i read a post i agree with, and look! no one is flaming ........ maybe they will actually respond to this one and then i will re subcribe. Positive posts are so rare.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast