+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LOL'd at Blizzard

Plane Touched

Default LOL'd at Blizzard

I am guessing about 90% of people who play rift tried wow at one point or another and got the e-mail asking you to come back to wow for 7 days for free. When I got the e-mail after 20 hours of straight rift I couldn't help but LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I am guessing about 90% of people who play rift tried wow at one point or another and got the e-mail asking you to come back to wow for 7 days for free. When I got the e-mail after 20 hours of straight rift I couldn't help but LOL
    What makes you think Rift will do any different? All game companies do that now.
    "If you give us a chance, we can perform. After all, Ginger Rogers could do everything Fred Astaire could do, she just did it backwards and in high heels..."

--Ann Richards--

They always have those offers. Nice troll attempt anyway.

Chrolomancer.
    Make peace, not war.

Be very careful there is also a false email going around. And you will get your old wow account stolen.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Soulwalker

My WoW account is still active and I got the email...

Heck, I still get emails about Vanguard and AION.

Standard business practice to entice those who have left to come back.
    Greybriar - PVE - US

Soulwalker

Biggest mistake is to lock yourself to one game.

I got that email too. but sadly i see more interest of the hackers to go back to wow... for each legit email i got from Blizz. i got around 20 of hacking account... i feel so loved

I got the legitimate email from Blizzard as well. I don't fear hackers, I have an authenticator and I've been bulletproof since getting it.

Rift really needs an authenticator - if I stay here as long as I plan, my toon is going to have TONS of plat, I want it protected.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vixon View Post
    What makes you think Rift will do any different? All game companies do that now.
    I am just saying I lol at the idea of going back to WoW I was not saying this was not a good time to do it as obviously any way to get people to spend money on your product is the goal of all companies... duh

Business is business, no one likes a losing game.

Forgot if they hack you wow account you are getting all your other battle.net games hacked so do not respond. Would hate to lose Starcraft and Diablo hacked since keeping them.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Matteis View Post
    I got the legitimate email from Blizzard as well. I don't fear hackers, I have an authenticator and I've been bulletproof since getting it.

Rift really needs an authenticator - if I stay here as long as I plan, my toon is going to have TONS of plat, I want it protected.
    /cheer

An authenticator for Rift is a good idea, before was too late

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    Be very careful there is also a false email going around. And you will get your old wow account stolen.
    I think I got one of those actually.....

Dear customer,

Due to suspicious activity, your Battle.net account has been locked. You tried to login your account too many times (403). We are concerned about whether your account has been stolen. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, we need you follow these steps:
    Sad thing is I canceled my Wow account like 4 years ago and haven't been tempted to reactivate it, even after the disastrous launch of Warhammer!

I know someone who actually followed the steps in a similar Email, got their account stripped.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast