+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Now see they just need to rework this bit. Rift Invasion Events.

Default Now see they just need to rework this bit. Rift Invasion Events.

Since of course Trion seems to like how there is a Rift invasion every 20 minutes, I'm sorry there is more to this game than just Rift events that many of us want to do.

I was out questing and I jumped in on a few random rifts. Well Death Rift Invasion occurred I actually jumped into a couple rift battles just because they were next to my questing area. But I wasn't doing the whole invasion. It ended and like clockwork about 20 minutes later a Water Invasion started... I had ZERO interest I had other things I was working, on and i needed to go back to a trainer anyways to train some skills as I'd leveled up some and my skills were out of date. Well for starters, the water invasion starts Forces the quest on me, knocking a quest I was working on off my tracker to make room for this damn invasion quest that i'm not going to do.

So I travel to Kings Retreat all the way across the map to a trainer, going to vendor some stuff, train some skills, thought I'd check the planar gear seller to see if I could buy anything yet as I have been doing rifts.

Can I do any of this?

Nope the invasion had invaded Kings Retreat and everybody was dead. I wasn't able to just "avoid" the quest... I had to wait till the invasion raid group killed everything off at the area before i could continue.

The games Rift and has Rift events, gotcha.. but it's not the only thing in the game and i don't think it's right that they shove Way too many rift invasions on us as it is but rather try to force you to participate in all of them.

Well I refuse. this needs to be changed and I will not take part in a Rift invasion I don't want to. I don' care if you keep transporting me into the middle of them..
    Last edited by Melchiah; 03-01-2011 at 04:34 AM.
    People often fear what they don't understand, and they despise what they fear.

Plane Touched

It's based on zone population. Go to Gloamwood on my server, and they are actually a bit too infrequent. Once the level ranges spread out a bit, this will correct itself.

Soulwalker

Rifts happen bro!

In Rift, PVE raids you!

Ascendant

See what you're complaining about, I love. Because I'm vested in the world, not just what I want to do.

If I were in a world that was being invaded, i couldn't just ignore invaders cause I wanted to sell stuff or train. I'd have to deal with them, not because they blocked a quest hub, but because they're invaders. I get into it.

And yes, it can be inconvenient at times for me too, but I still think I wouldn't want it to change. I want to play the game that's there, not my own game within it.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah View Post
    Nope the invasion had invaded Kings Retreat and everybody was dead. I wasn't able to just "avoid" the quest... I had to wait till the invasion raid group killed everything off at the area before i could continue.

The games Rift and has Rift events, gotcha.. but it's not the only thing in the game and i don't think it's right that they shove Way too many rift invasions on us as it is but rather try to force you to participate in all of them.

Well I refuse. this needs to be changed and I will not take part in a Rift invasion I don't want to. I don' care if you keep transporting me into the middle of them..
    Going to basically re-hash the same thing three times:
    That's the way it works, deal with it. It's a core function of the rift system.

It's not an "optional feature" that you can just choose not to do. Rift invasions and requiring players to close rifts is the entire basis of the game. Although as said, it is "area population" based.

Nobody's making you, but that comes with the consequences of an invasion and/or not closing a rift. That's just the way the game works. If you can't accept that, than this isn't your game.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Melchiah View Post
    Maybe Rift isn't the game for you then.
    There are plenty of MMORPGs in which you spend all your time only killing boars, collecting their interiors and taking them to the other part of the world. For years. With all your alts. Always the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    In Rift, PVE raids you!
    I LOLed.

This is so true.

I can see next threading coming up:

NPC's griefing, change this!

Your loss if you don't want to contribute on defending your lands.

Rift drops onto your quest hub...do some warfronts if you don't wish to fight.

Rift Chaser

In Rift, PVE raids you!
    I am SO appropriating this quote for my signature...
    Yes, I have a blog. I even update it from time to time

Originally Posted by TheHangman:
    In Rift, PVE raids you!

Plane Touched

In Rift, PVE raids you!
    This should have been the tag line for Rift! LOL +rep

But seriously, to the OP, if you don't like rifts and invasions try playing on Guardian side. They don't happen as frequently and thus everyone participates because they are hungry for the Rare Planar gear you can get.

General of Telara

In Rift, PVE raids you!
    Close the thread, nothing is better than this statement nor will there ever be.

General of Telara I Fear Kittens's Avatar

In Rift, PVE raids you!

Quote Originally Posted by Malek Wolvesbane View Post
    Close the thread, nothing is better than this statement nor will there ever be.

Check and mated, Game End!

Well said
    Last edited by I Fear Kittens; 03-01-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off." Norse Proverb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    When it's ready...... You wouldn't want it released before it was ready, right? And you wouldn't want us to hold it back after it was ready, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollolololol View Post
    I am honored to have made your /ignore list

Rift Disciple

The OP has a point.
    The invasions and rifts happen too frequent.

What's gonna happen in 2 week ? 2 months ? 6 months ?
    Will you still be excited that these rifts pop up everywhere all the time ?
    No, by then, you will have grown bored by them. You will feel the same as the OP feels now.
    Do you want that ?

Why not have the Rifts a little less frequent ? In stead of having them every 20 minutes at the same location, only once an hour. The rifts will stay fresh. They won't bore you so quickly. If you want to go rift-hunter, it's actually a hunt. In stead of just looking behind the next hill and finding one immediately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast