+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I would like an authenticator please

Shadowlander

Default I would like an authenticator please

Trion, could you please make an authenticator available for Rift? I use anti-keylogger software like most people, but that added level of security really would make me feel alot better.

Posting something regarding the development of one would be wonderful as well. Thanks!
    http://files-cloud.enjin.com/60018/module_gallery/full/83333.jpg

Ill sign, an authenticator would be nice for people who have been hacked before and know how it feels.

Plane Walker

/signed please add

Rift Disciple

stay away from pron ;)
    Once a Ranger, always a Ranger.

http://www.thesecondsun.org/forum

I agree, there is no reason for Trion to not have these available
    The code for them is available easily enough and the cost of providing them can be made up with the purchase price. The fact they weren't offered from the start concerns me somewhat
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Mal Reynolds, Firefly
    My Personal Guidelines - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...les-To-Live-By

Shield of Telara

I rather just have security built into the client instead of expecting people to use out of game stuff to protect their account=/

Shadowlander

I would love to hear your idea of how to put the security into the client. Please share, because no mmo company has figured it out yet. You could make millions!

Help keep this bumped folks, let them know if you want an authenticator. The added security helps alot!

Soulwalker

Free app for the Droid/iPhone markets would be awesome. I'd use it for sure.

I support this motion.

Add authenticators.

Maybe even different security types.

Maybe even a super max edition. Four codes generated and the user must input them all within a 5 second delay. If this doesnt happen the account is locked and trion gms must physically go to the main PC the game is run off of, insert a coded USB drive with a decryption key unlock, if the GM team is unable to decrypt fast enough the PC would format its HDD.

Champion

no PEBKAC is a good authenticator.
    sorry OP, but i played " that other game" for 5 years, never got hacked.
    AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 @3.8ghz / ASUS M4A785T-M / 2x4 GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 1600mhz / PNY GTX 560 1gb core @950 / WD caviar black 750gb
    OCZ modxstream 600wat PSU / Fractal R3 case / Windows 7 64bit

Shadowlander

I'm not understanding the pushback...you make an authenticator app available for our phones, it's free, and you can use it if you want. If you never want to use it you don't have to. But to have it available for those that do want it, that is a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwahn View Post
    I would love to hear your idea of how to put the security into the client. Please share, because no mmo company has figured it out yet. You could make millions!

Help keep this bumped folks, let them know if you want an authenticator. The added security helps alot!
    Kwahn has a valid point. Software tends to be hacked, and anything typed in by the user can be picked up with keyloggers

Quote Originally Posted by malum78 View Post
    no PEBKAC is a good authenticator.
    sorry OP, but i played " that other game" for 5 years, never got hacked.
    I've lived 33 years and never got hit by a bus
    Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and it doesn't mean looking both ways before crossing the street is a bad idea
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Mal Reynolds, Firefly
    My Personal Guidelines - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...les-To-Live-By

Shadowlander

Thumbs up

/signed for

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
    Kwahn has a valid point. Software tends to be hacked, and anything typed in by the user can be picked up with keyloggers

I've lived 33 years and never got hit by a bus
    Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and it doesn't mean looking both ways before crossing the street is a bad idea
    You go ahead and waste money on that then. ignorance isn't a good excuse for trouble. " but I didn't know" or aaaah crap I know I shouldn't a clicked on that"
    derp.
    AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 @3.8ghz / ASUS M4A785T-M / 2x4 GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 1600mhz / PNY GTX 560 1gb core @950 / WD caviar black 750gb
    OCZ modxstream 600wat PSU / Fractal R3 case / Windows 7 64bit

/signed

/10Char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast