+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Inappropriate names.

Soulwalker

Default Inappropriate names.

Why are some names Inappropriate ?

My real life name is sven, so i don't see how that is inappropriate.

would someone please clear this up for me, thanks in advance :-)

Many games, especially MMOs prohibit exceptionally short names. Often they'll require at least 5-7 characters.

do not see anything wrong with Your name Sven, but I have seen a couple of names that made me blink. One had namd himself after a STD.
    Last edited by Wookie; 02-27-2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: me an dmy typing typos
    Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay downhis life for a friend.

Telaran

its not the shortness of it as my toons name is Luc

Plane Touched

Some names are reserved because an NPC is using them. It's possible that there's a 'Sven' vendor or citizen wandering around, and the name is blocked for that reason.

Soulwalker

Only logical reason is that it's being used by some mod, because it's not offensive what so ever. if so i might consider a name change irl lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    do not see anything wrong with Your name Sven, but I have seen a couple of names that made me blink. One had namd himself after a STD.
    i got a mage named fleshlight

Shadowlander

I saw on another post where some names that were already taken were coming back as banned - might just be a glitch in this instance...hope it helps.
    To be sure of hitting the target - shoot first, and call whatever you hit "the target".

Quote Originally Posted by Svenni View Post
    Why are some names Inappropriate ?

My real life name is sven, so i don't see how that is inappropriate.

would someone please clear this up for me, thanks in advance :-)
    Earlier this week one of the Trion people said that the "inappropriate name" display was actually being wrongly displayed when in fact the name was already taken. So if somebody else chose the name Sven (likely) then you'd get the "inappropriate name" message even though you should get "This name is already taken"

Soulwalker

I can't use the name "Dagny." This greatly frustrates me, as my main female toon is always named that. The name is "inappropriate."

Telaran

I am not sure if they are too worried about being inappropriate.

I am gonna create a warlock toon and call it CharlieSheen. Now, if only we can have tigers as pets....

On a more serious note, I have a toon named Pillowpants, one named Kiki (so Sven should be okay on the character length) and one named Durka.

I actually am confused by some names that they flag as inappropriate as well. Primarily when it comes to including the word "moist" - it's an adjective people, get over it already.

I like toons that have a theme to their names, and as such on most MMO's I play you can find me as Moistmuffin, Moistcake or Moistbread. Why? Because in game I always tell people that with me I won't cut or scrape the roof of your mouth, instead I'll always be there to Tank, Heal or DPS - whatever is needed, I'll do.

However, this game and turbine games as well, flag Moistmuffin as inappropriate, in fact they flag anything with MOIST, so I've had to use MoystMufin instead...which is stupid looking.

Now I could understand if I was trying to name myself Moistpanties or Moistc**t, sure, flag that. But leave my cupcakes alone!
    If you like Rift, or Rifts from Palladium, you'll probably like Ave Molech by me.

Telaran

I think Sven is very inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Seraph View Post
    Many games, especially MMOs prohibit exceptionally short names. Often they'll require at least 5-7 characters.
    I have a character with 2 characters in the name, that is not the issue here.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

In this day and age, I don't even get the whole "inappropriate" thing.

I mean....seriously. Do you live under a rock?
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast