+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Already Waited" Queue

Default "Already Waited" Queue

My concept is that, for people who time out via inactivity at character select etc, to join a smaller "already waited" queue.

Just a box saying, 'You have timed out. Want to join the "already waited" queue?' would work. It could be prioritised or just straight at the front of the line.

I think this would be the best solution overall.

Personally I can't imagine sitting here sitting at a queue screen for 4 hours, going to get a brewski within the last few minutes and discovering I'm disconnected for being inactive at character select.

No replies?

If you agree with this, please post.

Rift Disciple

If you leave, you leave. I don't see the benefit in someone AFKing and expecting to have their place held. If you are in Rift, then play. If not, then log off and go eat a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyelf View Post
    If you leave, you leave. I don't see the benefit in someone AFKing and expecting to have their place held. If you are in Rift, then play. If not, then log off and go eat a sandwich.
    Because people don't want to log out for ten minutes then have to wait four hours to get in then have that four hours turn into eight because the game disconnects them when they're inactive and get to the character create screen?

Rift Disciple

Just dont be inactive. I have walked away to get a sandwich for 5 minutes and I had not issues. I dont see how you can expect Trion to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch View Post
    Because people don't want to log out for ten minutes then have to wait four hours to get in then have that four hours turn into eight because the game disconnects them when they're inactive and get to the character create screen?
    Unfortunately that's the price you pay for logging out. If I were to go Six Flags, stand in line then have to go to the bathroom as I am getting onto the ride, and decide I need to go and not ride. Guess what? Unfortunate as it is, I get to wait in line again, not join a "Already Waited" line that cut in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadika View Post
    Unfortunately that's the price you pay for logging out. If I were to go Six Flags, stand in line then have to go to the bathroom as I am getting onto the ride, and decide I need to go and not ride. Guess what? Unfortunate as it is, I get to wait in line again, not join a "Already Waited" line that cut in front.
    Anyway, I'm not arguing any of that crap.

My point is that it's ridiculous to expect players to watch player numbers tick down for ~4 hours, so implement the "Already Waited" queue in order to allow players who've already waited but been kicked due to inactivity to get quickly back into the game.

Thumbs down

I don't get it. There are servers that are not full, join a different server and play, what the f*ck is everyone's malfunction. I was on deepstrike, left, saw that it had a queue, said screw this and joined another server - And all my friends did the exact same damn thing.

If you don't like the queue, do something about it or stop complaining, simple as that. They're not going to change anything related to the queues, people are just going to have to understand that it's up to themselves not Trion - You want to play, get on another server, or enjoy your wait.
    "It's sad something so well written was wasted on a forum post..." - Gilmador

Plane Touched

Kind of an interesting idea. I will ponder that during my time in the queue. I don't think that it's interesting from a "you deserve a shorter queue" standpoint, but rather because there may be interesting effects from lessening how strongly you are encouraged to stay online all day. Conceivably if the effect was strong enough, people might log off more and queues could shorter overall. No idea if it would work though, but interesting to think about (and probably too complex to try to implement perfectly in the amount of time that queues will actually be an issue in this game, especially considering how few servers are actually affected.)

Quote Originally Posted by Refried View Post
    I don't get it. There are servers that are not full, join a different server and play, what the f*ck is everyone's malfunction. I was on deepstrike, left, saw that it had a queue, said screw this and joined another server - And all my friends did the exact same damn thing.

If you don't like the queue, do something about it or stop complaining, simple as that. They're not going to change anything related to the queues, people are just going to have to understand that it's up to themselves not Trion - You want to play, get on another server, or enjoy your wait.
    Because I have a level 20 on a server with friends already?

I'm not even complaining about the queues, I'm complaining about the fact that I queue and then get booted and have to rejoin the queue I just got through.

Damn, man. So mad.

If queues are still a problem in a month, I will eat my shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by graill440 View Post
    Keep your mouth shut and your chubby fungers off the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    I'm putting this in my sig just in case.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    Is that meant as a bet, or are you simply saying that a month of queues would drive you insane to the point that you'll probably be eating your shoes out of sheer craziness?

(I kid, of course, and agree with you. Although if they are a problem, it will only be because Trion is a very, very happy company, cuz good lord that would take a lot of dedicated players.)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch View Post
    Because I have a level 20 on a server with friends already?

I'm not even complaining about the queues, I'm complaining about the fact that I queue and then get booted and have to rejoin the queue I just got through.

Damn, man. So mad.
    There is no tone in text chief. You're complaining about the queues.

My char was at level 20 as well, not the end of the world. Be a man and either sh*t or get off the pot.
    "It's sad something so well written was wasted on a forum post..." - Gilmador

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Refried View Post

Some people have ties beyond even their guild. Sunrest was the only RP-PvP server announced at first. So a community of people (from Warhammer, DAoC, etc) decided to roll there. By the time, they released Harrow many had guilds already made. It is hard to get hundreds of people, from multiple guilds, on both sides to move. So we are staying put. If Trion had announced 2 RP-PvP servers right off the bat, we may have been able to plan for Sunrest being so full. Now it is too late. Even if my guild was willing to move, we were looking forward to playing with the same people we have played with and against for years. It seems like the real solution would've been to start with ~30 servers rather than the few we had. And combine later if necessary.
    Last edited by Rylune; 02-26-2011 at 05:42 PM.
    Quiana, 50 Mage 300 Runecrafting, 300 Outfitting
    <Tempest Wolves>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast