+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling Curve

Shadowlander

Default Leveling Curve

So while the servers are down I thought I would post my thoughts on the leveling curve I have seen. As a preamble I took 2 days off from work and real life to play. I am currently 40. I missed about 12 hours of playing time so far due to RL and sleeping.

I started out as Defiant and got suck when the massive zone wide invasion was unkillable due to no one being about 14. After the server restart I skipped kings retreat and got to the front of the leveling pack. Everything went pretty smooth up through the teens and twenties. Plenty of quests. I only did rifts or invasions if they were on the quest NPC's as the experience from doing them are just not worth my time. I moved from quest hub to quest hub going through all the quests at each before moving on to the next. I don't believe I missed any but when I got to level 30 through 35 I was finding that I had to grind out about 2 - 5 bubbles worth of experiance at each level so that my quests were not orange.

I would have ran rifts to get more exp to balance this out but again, they aren't worth enough...servers back up. Here I go!

Rift Disciple

Perhaps they intend for folks to do other things, besides simply questing and racing to end game content. I see you didn't mention dungeons or warfronts. Are you planning on doing PvP or PvE, when you hit cap? If your goal is to have shard first 50, well...then that's its reward and comes with its own difficulties...

- Shintama

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shintama View Post
    Perhaps they intend for folks to do other things, besides simply questing and racing to end game content. I see you didn't mention dungeons or warfronts. Are you planning on doing PvP or PvE, when you hit cap? If your goal is to have shard first 50, well...then that's its reward and comes with its own difficulties...

- Shintama
    It amazes me that people will only do things if there's lots of experience involved. To each their own I guess

Try to enjoy the content and not race through it?

Shadowlander

Such hate...I am not trying to be the first 50 but I do like to level quickly and I am not about the world and the lore, just not for me. I do love the mobs and the scenery. I just wanted to let Trion know that there isn't a smooth curve if you just solo level. More of an FYI.

Its my character and I can play as I like. >< Just providing some feedback on the curve as I found it.

Champion of Telara

Leveling becomes grinding some where around level 23 as quest will be at least 3+ levels higher than you.. at that point do IT x 6 then DSM x 4 .. or grind on mobs for about 5 hour or so to catch up to your quests level

You could just pvp, unless you're a sabo or something awesome, I don't recommend it..

I don't get it. What's the point in rushing to level 50? There is no reward.
    The reward is the leveling up process. You enjoy the journey itself, not when you arive at the destination.
    Unless you gona start doing 1 man raids.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by nick2412 View Post
    Leveling becomes grinding some where around level 23 as quest will be at least 3+ levels higher than you.. at that point do IT x 6 then DSM x 4 .. or grind on mobs for about 5 hour or so to catch up to your quests level

You could just pvp, unless you're a sabo or something awesome, I don't recommend it..
    I just found some humanoids and ground on them for a bit to get some cloth for my guild...doing the same thing now at 41 :-/

Shadowlander

i have to agree. im in no rush to level to 50.

however, i found some pretty large level chunks where theres simply not enough quests. 20-22 is harsh, when youre in stonefield trying to tackle level 25 quests. same thing at around 32, when you make your way over to the lift area.

just needs some fine tuning is all.

+ Reply to Thread