+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a Head Start, not a Release. It's a Courtesy not a Right.

Default It's a Head Start, not a Release. It's a Courtesy not a Right.

I think it's rotten how people have been bashing Trion for a sub-standard release over the last 24 hours. Maybe they just don't understand, and need a little clarification: this is not a release. It's a head start. There IS a difference. I've participated in a huge amount of head starts going all the way back to Everquest, and none of them have been as smooth and bug-less as RIFT's. Many games are still ironing out problems at this point, but not Trion. They've made a game that runs silky-smooth and stable. And as to queues? Sorry, they happen in EVERY MMO. I at least applaud Trion for working around the clock to get new servers up. When I've noticed similar backlogs on other games, even months after release, they take days or weeks to fix. Sure, I wanted to play on Faeblight last evening. But I wasn't going to sit through an 8 hour queue to do so. And you know what? I didn't have to. I was able to join right up at Estrael without any issues. Now, I confess, I wasn't one of those people looking to play with friends or guildies from beta. I can understand wanting to get into a certain shard to connect with friends, but the responsible, mature thing to do is find somewhere else to play until the server populations even out a bit and you can get into <insert server name here> without a queue. Not to whine and complain and outright threaten Trion because you're too impatient to play this game under anyone's rules but your own.

And lastly, going back to the subject of this thread, whether people realize it or not, a head start isn't a right. It's a courtesy. Trion has given it to us as a thank you for pre-ordering. They didn't have to do that, and I think it's a sad statement on gamers today that so many seem to be taking it for granted. If you want to complain about release, wait another week and then by all means, do that. But this is a gift. Don't throw a tantrum because you didn't get what you wanted. Instead, be grateful you got anything at all.

Very true, but most people feel entitled to things nowadays. I blame public schools, and bad parenting.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

Completely agree -

Shhhh the stupid people think they paid for headstart and theyll flame you if you point out tge obvious fallacies in their logic

There are a lot of truths in this thread.

word still would be nice to use it
    Lead To Set An Example...
    "If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won't follow."

Quote Originally Posted by Attarik View Post
    Shhhh the stupid people think they paid for headstart and theyll flame you if you point out tge obvious fallacies in their logic
    So true to this and OP as well.

Champion

I think a lot of people here are missing that the 30 days you get for free with your copy only start at release, and not headstart. For all intents and purposes, headstart is additional free playtime. It is also for Trion the general "try out" before release. I am completely surprised at how smooth it was. Heck, I didn't even expect teh servers to be up at 10AM but they were there at 10AM sharp and I had no issues at all in game. The zones are so well designed that they can even cope with the enormous amount of people in them at the same time.

Prophet of Telara

I've played other games where the head start has consisted of creating a character name and assigning it a server.
    I don't really agree disagree with the OP.

Telaran

There is no justification (short of natural disasters perhaps) for a person or a company not to do what they say they are going to do. Period.

very good point and ofc i agree with you for 100%

Shadowlander

I agree, complete and utter idiots without the basic understanding of the concept and scale of what's occurring.
    Last edited by Broken; 02-25-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by SerStickman View Post
    There is no justification (short of natural disasters perhaps) for a person or a company not to do what they say they are going to do. Period.
    They did do what they said they were doing didn't they?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by SerStickman View Post
    And what have they not done that they promised, hell they've stuck to everything AFAIK?

The instant they used head start as a marketing tool it became a right to those who preordered.

I'm absolutely amazed the degree to which the fanboys are deluded on the issue.

Some men...just want to watch the world burn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast