+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast

Thread: It's a Head Start, not a Release. It's a Courtesy not a Right.

XiL

I paid for the "right" to play during head start. The liability is clear. When you purchase something you are entitled to everything that you purchased. Period.

Headstart was purchased by tens of thousands of people. Every single one of them should be able to play or be given compensation of some kind equal to not being able to use the service they paid for.
    I was banned for 5 days for triggering the chat filter. I win the internet again.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=617285&dateline=13177  10094

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrath View Post
    "They've made a game that runs silky-smooth and stable. And as to queues? Sorry, they happen in EVERY MMO."

Yep. And thats the problem.

All of my guildies are now 20s and I am level 5 because I have to work during the day and there is a queue all night.

There is obviously a huge problem with afk'ers not getting off the servers

I spent $50 early to play with friends, and I cant because there are HUGE ridiculous queue times and not enough servers to go around.

I see on one thread "over 1 million sold" and only 13/15 servers, AND a huge queue time AND and afk bug. Do you see the problem here?

Its a huge screw up, no matter how you slice it.

And no, I cant just flip servers.

So, stop patting them on the back. Every MMO has this problem, and this is always the reply. that ISNT good enough.

And how is this their fault?? You rather overload the server and have it crashing every hour.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by VampireCactus View Post
    I think that the queue times are okay and to be expected, BUT I think that Trion should have made a disclaimer to all preorder customers that this was a soft launch and warned them about this. No one could complain about queues during the headstart if Trion had made it clear that it was going to happen beforehand.
    Why? Everyone with simple common sense knew there would be queues of some kind, people get more stupid as time goes on I'm sure of it. This happens in every MMO launch, some servers are hugely more popular than others and people refuse to move to less populated ones therefore queues exist.

Launch was flawless compared to some MMOs (World of Warcraft, Aion) to name a couple.. you can't prevent queues from happening, and keeping yourself ingame while your AFK isn't a new concept and its not as if you can prevent people sticking things in their keys to keep them ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by XiL View Post
    I paid for the "right" to play during head start. The liability is clear. When you purchase something you are entitled to everything that you purchased. Period.

Headstart was purchased by tens of thousands of people. Every single one of them should be able to play or be given compensation of some kind equal to not being able to use the service they paid for.
    You CAN play, there are many servers without queues. You're the one choosing not too by trying to roll on an overpopulated server.
    Last edited by Wooley; 02-25-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    Which MMOs have you BETA tested without queues?

Was not aware we were in Beta?

Sorry, only got to this page and did not feel like reading the other 50 pages of troll

The OP is really "unintelligent". At least I got a good laugh.

I don't mind waiting in que, but I always just face-palm at stupid people.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Visserion View Post
    I think it's rotten how people have been bashing Trion for a sub-standard release over the last 24 hours. Maybe they just don't understand, and need a little clarification: this is not a release. It's a head start.
    I'm sure you have been flamed down one side and up the other. But let me add to this. I paid for the specific right to PLAY during the head start. If I didn't want to PLAY, then I wouldn't have paid for the pre-order. Since I'm currently and have been sitting queues for the last two days. I have not PLAYED as I expected.

This is not a "courtesy". As it stands now. I've sat in the queue longer than I have played. I don't recall anywhere on my pre-order that I'd be watching a number count down for HOURS and not be playing.

I've played almost every MMO from UO to WoW. I've dealt with buggy releases and crappy queue times. But let me say something very specific. When you sell ??one million?? copies of the game, lots of those are preorders. You should make very sure that you have enough servers to handle the expected load!?! I didn't count the server list, but I'm assuming that there are less than 50 servers. If all users logged on concurrently, that's 20000 users per server.

I work in IT, and I understand that there should be some logic behind the number of users to server ratio, but so far. They have done a PISS poor job of judging this.

How do you think it's going to be on the actual release day?!?

So yes, it is a right. That I specifically paid for. Other wise, I would have waited til after release to see how much of a FUBAR it was.

Thanks for giving me something rant about during my wait.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dakerya View Post
    I'm sure you have been flamed down one side and up the other. But let me add to this. I paid for the specific right to PLAY during the head start. If I didn't want to PLAY, then I wouldn't have paid for the pre-order. Since I'm currently and have been sitting queues for the last two days. I have not PLAYED as I expected.

This is not a "courtesy". As it stands now. I've sat in the queue longer than I have played. I don't recall anywhere on my pre-order that I'd be watching a number count down for HOURS and not be playing.

I've played almost every MMO from UO to WoW. I've dealt with buggy releases and crappy queue times. But let me say something very specific. When you sell ??one million?? copies of the game, lots of those are preorders. You should make very sure that you have enough servers to handle the expected load!?! I didn't count the server list, but I'm assuming that there are less than 50 servers. If all users logged on concurrently, that's 20000 users per server.

I work in IT, and I understand that there should be some logic behind the number of users to server ratio, but so far. They have done a PISS poor job of judging this.

How do you think it's going to be on the actual release day?!?

So yes, it is a right. That I specifically paid for. Other wise, I would have waited til after release to see how much of a FUBAR it was.

You can play.

/end

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Finder View Post
    You guys are beyond hope.

Drooling fanboys in every sense of the word.
    pot calling the kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Visserion View Post
    I think it's rotten how people have been bashing Trion for a sub-standard release over the last 24 hours. Maybe they just don't understand, and need a little clarification: this is not a release. It's a head start. There IS a difference. I've participated in a huge amount of head starts going all the way back to Everquest, and none of them have been as smooth and bug-less as RIFT's. Many games are still ironing out problems at this point, but not Trion. They've made a game that runs silky-smooth and stable. And as to queues? Sorry, they happen in EVERY MMO. I at least applaud Trion for working around the clock to get new servers up. When I've noticed similar backlogs on other games, even months after release, they take days or weeks to fix. Sure, I wanted to play on Faeblight last evening. But I wasn't going to sit through an 8 hour queue to do so. And you know what? I didn't have to. I was able to join right up at Estrael without any issues. Now, I confess, I wasn't one of those people looking to play with friends or guildies from beta. I can understand wanting to get into a certain shard to connect with friends, but the responsible, mature thing to do is find somewhere else to play until the server populations even out a bit and you can get into <insert server name here> without a queue. Not to whine and complain and outright threaten Trion because you're too impatient to play this game under anyone's rules but your own.

And lastly, going back to the subject of this thread, whether people realize it or not, a head start isn't a right. It's a courtesy. Trion has given it to us as a thank you for pre-ordering. They didn't have to do that, and I think it's a sad statement on gamers today that so many seem to be taking it for granted. If you want to complain about release, wait another week and then by all means, do that. But this is a gift. Don't throw a tantrum because you didn't get what you wanted. Instead, be grateful you got anything at all.

Actually, it is a right since it was used to sell pre-orders. **** the turtle, the pack, and the useless companions. I payed to play early, and I'm not getting to.
    Last edited by Pentegarn; 02-25-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    Fight each battle as though it were your last. For one day, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakerya View Post

No sweat, good post.
    Damn it feels good to be me...the T-top s' down in my Cutlass Supreme.. I've got it all figured out and I've got no worries that I'm worried about... You don't like me brother that's ok, I'm not going to let it wreck my day..

Soulwalker

I think it's not as bad as it could be, but the reason for paying ahead is to get the head start, otherwise why would I give my money ahead of time? It's trion that offered head start as a way to get preorders, not a "gift."

Raise your expectations, nothing wrong with that! Servers are much better today anyway.

Ya well I don`t have any problems eveything is fantastic and smooth and magic....

so ....... neener ...Neener ...Neener

I wait in-line to be able to play on the same server as my guild. I have been in queue for about 3 hours so far this evening. I have no desire to play on another server as I would like to try and keep up with my guild mates. Some of the Trolls on this forum cannot seem to grasp that their are many folks who feel the same way.

Damn it feels good to be me...the T-top s' down in my Cutlass Supreme.. I've got it all figured out and I've got no worries that I'm worried about... You don't like me brother that's ok, I'm not going to let it wreck my day..

Quote Originally Posted by slartipbartphast View Post
    I think it's not as bad as it could be, but the reason for paying ahead is to get the head start, otherwise why would I give my money ahead of time? It's trion that offered head start as a way to get preorders, not a "gift."

Raise your expectations, nothing wrong with that! Servers are much better today anyway.
    Hopefully they will improve over the next few days.

Just to mention to the OP: If Trion can't rein in the queues now, then they will never be able to rein them in on March 1st.

Then it WILL be release, People WILL have right to complain, and Reputation WILL be at stake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast