+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: why did you pick your faction??

Shadowlander

Default why did you pick your faction??

Im sure its been asked but i couldn't find it.

Why do you plan on playing the faction your going to play?

me? Guardians
    why? I like the character models for one. and I have a thing for the underdogs, hence Hibernia in doac ( in the early days)

i do really like the steam punk look of the opposing faction.. so that's got me a little in between.

whats your reason?

Telaran

This "Guardians are the underdogs" meme seems to me to be a cross between pipe dream and a poor attempt to make them the new Horde.

We'll see how it all pans out a couple of months from now when the first wave finishes washing through.

defiant - teminator style story line/better story line

robot horses

and i like the Meridean city better
    Last edited by RESCUE119; 02-24-2011 at 08:42 AM.

picked my faction for my race

bahmi

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    defiant - teminator style story line/better story line

robot horses

and i like the Meridean city better
    Guardian because there is no room for technology in a Swords and Sorcery RPG. No technology >= guns should exist.

Defiant here, I liked their aesthetic (character and environment) and am into anything approaching steam punk, so their whole technomagic thing is cool to me.

Shield of Telara

I'm playing a guardian because I love dwarf females, so cute. Also because my guild is rolling guardian on PvE.

I'll also be rolling defiant on a PvP server because I never really got to play it much in beta and I'd like to experience them as well.
    Hunbun - Female Dwarf Cleric - Faemist
    Missy - Female Kelari Warrior - Faemist
    Pilgrim - Male Mathosian Mage - Faemist

Guardian first, because I suspect just about every kiddie on the server will be Defiant.

Later, of course, I'll be playing both sides, because old and treacherous beats young and strong any day.

Wish List: "Barber Shop", unlockable appearance options, unlockable alternate lesser/greater pet "skins", unlockable emotes, and, while I'm dreaming, player housing.

Guardians because 1) My guild is playing Guardian side, 2) I like to play dwarves.
    Volanna, Mage of The Defiant guild Born In Chaos, of Freeholme......and yes, I do like Tacos.

Defiant, because I like their attitude.

"Gods? Yeah sure, appreciate that they created the world and all, but these invaders got to go. Ain't waiting for no divine intervention, I'm going to go out and kick their butt back to their mama!"

Love it.

The guild demands a sacrifice..

Guardian. Less "kiddies".
    Don't waste your time replying to me directly in a post.

These forums are garbage and no threads can be subscribed to properly since 2010.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Daozen View Post
    This "Guardians are the underdogs" meme seems to me to be a cross between pipe dream and a poor attempt to make them the new Horde.

We'll see how it all pans out a couple of months from now when the first wave finishes washing through.
    Ignoring the Rift lore, Guardians have Dwarves. Dwarves in literally every RPG, MMORPG, and fantasy book to date have always been one of the "good guy" races. Ergo, people will see dwarves in Rift and think they are the good guys and therefore the Guardians must be the good guys (that and they are the prettier side and we all know the pretty side = good guys ).

Guardian,

Didn't feel like waiting 45 minutes for a BF to pop.

Already played Defiant content in Beta.

PVP Level Will Rise faster due to faster BF pop times.
    Buk'n Monkey

Telaran

I started on the Defiant side, got to level 20. I definitely like their starting zones better. Near the end of Beta I switched to Guardian side, and got to level 27. I like their zones as well, and by this point I think I'll be sticking with the Guardians because I enjoy the races and the overall feel of it. Although it really feels like Alliance vs Horde/Empire vs Rebel Alliance - I'm trying very hard to not get that mantra going already, I really just want a fresh start, completely.

This game will be here for quite some time, so for everyone biting their nails about all the choices, paths, and factions to choose, while everyone feels it, just think back to a year or two after you were already into DAOC/WoW/EQ/etc. your original character on your original server probably wasn't the one you ended up with near the end. I say just enjoy the learning portion, and hopefully we all can, as well as not being bothered by hiccuping lag and constant disconnects.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast