+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: What was the first mmo you ever played?

Soulwalker

Default EQ ftw

EQ vanilla.

Id have to say after all these years i still miss it.
    I miss the hard part of lvling, when you reached higher lvls your character was known and you knew almost every other high lvl.
    I miss the hard part of questing and tradeskill.
    I miss the unique just to see someone who had that first epic quest weapon, things flying around it and all....
    That druid scim took me a year to do...

Sigh...
    Last edited by sett; 03-07-2011 at 05:14 AM.

Rift Chaser

Everquest I think but I didn't last long... some elves were really nasty to me...

Final Fantasy XI was my next adventure and I loved it but it was towards the end of the games life, so getting into groups was damn hard later on and you couldn't do anything without a group

Loved what they did with the undead though... healers could do UBER DPS on the undead... wish it were the same again!

RuneScape. Still play it.
    YouTube - I post all my gameplay (mostly KH, so far) videos here (mostly boss fights, I am currently running through Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Proud Mode. I am aiming to catalogue all boss fights in 1080p HD using PCSX2 to emulate and Fraps to record. Give my videos a watch and some constructive criticism. Thanks.

Shadowlander

EQ 1. Agreed to above about post by Sett about missing that game. Something about that game had a community aspect that I haven't seen anything close to in any other game I've played. Maybe I was just on a really good server.

I've tried a bunch of games since then and never really found another MMO I liked nearly as much, but Rift so far is very promising.

-Nebac

Shadowlander

I was introduced to MMO's rather late..

My first was SWG and it was really fun. Back in the old days... Before the dark times.. Before CU.
    Amit - Lvl 23 Pyromancer

Sword of Telara

EQ I.
    I played it in highschool. Was great.

Shadowlander

Depends on what you define a MMO as. I would say Ultima Online, however i played many multiplayer BBS much earlier than UO but I would not call them massively multiplayer. Even before the BBS games there were Compuserve games and before that there were mainframe based games. I played my first multiplayer mainframe based terminal game in 1969. It was a multiplayer version of the mainframe Startrek game. However i would not call it an MMO as it only supported 8 players.

Yes I am ancient. I started programming in 1964 using punchcards as they hadn't put terminals on mainframes yet. I have played computer games ever since terminals were attached to computers. Even though I am 60 years old I am 14 at heart. I am retired now and get to play games all day.

Soulwalker

Dark Age of Camelot or Anarchy Online... don't remember which.

Soulwalker

Star Wars Galaxies (Beta)
    Uh oh, here we go again....

Soulwalker

pristontale
    about 7 or 8 years ago...

Plane Touched

UO original release. Napa shard.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mechew View Post
    asherons call, i still haven't found a game after all these years that is as exciting as that game was. They still do monthly updates
    AC was my first. I meet some really cool people in that game. I remember having to discover your own spells, the flexability of your character options, and a pretty decent PvP game. Just hated how much grinding you had to do.

Meridian 59

Telaran

Ultima Online.

Mage/Paladin/Animal Tamer riding a Nightmare with a White Wyrm bodyguard, chomping away at Dark Fathers in Dungeon Doom.

Must resist reinstalling. Resistance not yet futile!

Shadowlander

Ultima Online, Great Lakes Shard. I was Tonster, GM of Warriors of the Realm, Hoorah! What a blast that was!
    http://files-cloud.enjin.com/60018/module_gallery/full/83333.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast