+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: RIFT Serverstatus (Desktop-) Gadget for Win Vista / 7

Might I suggest offering a thinner but taller variant, if at all possible? I'm a tad OCD, I'll admit, but I like it when things are the same width as my CPU Monitor.
    Seriously.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Table View Post
    Might I suggest offering a thinner but taller variant, if at all possible? I'm a tad OCD, I'll admit, but I like it when things are the same width as my CPU Monitor.
    Try this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nOvIGoXZq1...00/ocd%2B3.jpg

Default I'm sorry, but I can't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haubi View Post
    This is the content the Gadget is displaying: http://pseudobit.net/serverstatus/ga...allen&realm=na (e.g. for Shadefallen). If you've checked the source, you would've found it yourself ;)

I created intentionally a server-side. Reason for this decision is simple: I can simply add display-features (like population, server type) without forcing the user to download a newer version. So it allow me to replace the current shown images with images which would fit better in the gadget (see some postings for this).

So the user only need to download a newer version if

- there are new servers available
    - there are new skins available
    The reasons you quoted are useful to you, but don't lend themselves to trusting the tool - by your own admission, you plan on modifying that PHP script to change the current functionality. If you release an open source client-side version of your gadget, I'd be interested, but this server-side component means that the gadget will always be suspect. At best, you're doing this to provide convenience and flexibility to your users - at worst, you're providing a "bait and switch" Trojan to unsuspecting users.

You may have the best of intentions, but I'm sorry, I can't use your gadget.

Wish List: "Barber Shop", unlockable appearance options, unlockable alternate lesser/greater pet "skins", unlockable emotes, and, while I'm dreaming, player housing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Table View Post
    Yea, will come after March 4th.

I'd like a client-side server ping version myself. Just in-case you ever stop supporting the widget.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by FormlessOne View Post
    The reasons you quoted are useful to you, but don't lend themselves to trusting the tool - by your own admission, you plan on modifying that PHP script to change the current functionality. If you release an open source client-side version of your gadget, I'd be interested, but this server-side component means that the gadget will always be suspect. At best, you're doing this to provide convenience and flexibility to your users - at worst, you're providing a "bait and switch" Trojan to unsuspecting users.

You may have the best of intentions, but I'm sorry, I can't use your gadget.
    I completely understand your reasoning.
    Nontheless I've created it first and foremost for myself. Since I've spent quite some time in developing it I'm releasing it for the whole community.

I don't care if I'm the only one or if there are additional 1000 users using it.
    I'm offering this service. It's up to you if you use this service or not.

If it looks suspicious, don't download it. I wouldn't either to be honest.

Soulwalker

you stole meh keys!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by mustaine View Post
    you stole meh keys!
    nao ima gonna log into your hello kitty online account and sell everything!

will you be doing a app/addon so we can add a specific server status to our web sites. Or is there one already?

thanks for the widget

Default You'll not swipe my Wizard Tower!

Quote Originally Posted by Haubi View Post
    nao ima gonna log into your hello kitty online account and sell everything!
    I knew you were up to no good, but - my HKO account? You fiend. The horror.

Wish List: "Barber Shop", unlockable appearance options, unlockable alternate lesser/greater pet "skins", unlockable emotes, and, while I'm dreaming, player housing.

its people in the community of gamers (oddly where I find them most) that give me faith in humanity sharing and caring...
    thanks much for the gadget!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RESCUE119 View Post
    will you be doing a app/addon so we can add a specific server status to our web sites. Or is there one already?

thanks for the widget
    Maybe at some later date.

Telaran

So currently when you right click it, it downsizes to this super small size and shows the options, what about making it super small until you mouse over it. This way it stays small and fits in and only requires just a quick mouse movement to see your status.

with that said I would like to ask for options on update time
    5, 3, 1 and 30 seconds

Plane Walker

tagged for later

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast