Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LF Rift server time zone list!

Soulwalker

Exclamation LF Rift server time zone list!

After about 15 min of searching the net for a set list of the servers and the time zone they are based in i have decided to come here in search of solace.

If you dont know of a list and know of a particular realm based in the (Central US&Mexico) zone please share your info. TYVM

All of the US servers are in Dallas, TX.
    And the EU servers are in Amsterdam.

They said the server names may be changing upon release, but I doubt they'll change where their hosts are physically located.
    Last edited by InsaneMoose; 02-22-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haileyx08 View Post
    After about 15 min of searching the net for a set list of the servers and the time zone they are based in i have decided to come here in search of solace.

If you dont know of a list and know of a particular realm based in the (Central US&Mexico) zone please share your info. TYVM
    This information has not been announced yet.

Patience yound paddawan, patience ...
    Last edited by Aranagon; 02-22-2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: What the hell is a paddawan ?

Rift Disciple

<--- Also would like to know.

It would save me a lot of time and headaches

Shard will all be based on a single time zone. North America client is Pacific Time (-8 GMT) and I believe EU will be 0 GMT.

If you want server locations North America is in Dallas Texas, United States of America and European is in Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Last edited by Romiz; 02-22-2011 at 06:18 AM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Aranagon View Post
    This information has not been announced yet.

Patience yound paddawan, patience ...
    Actually InsaneMoose is correct. They have stated numerous times that all the US servers will be located in Dallas,TX and all servers will be PST.
    Last edited by zipper76; 02-22-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Rift Disciple

Do you have a link to the statement? Because the beta servers all had different times on the clocks.
    Last edited by omghax; 02-22-2011 at 06:16 AM.

Who cares.
    Last edited by InsaneMoose; 02-22-2011 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by omghax View Post
    Do you have a link to the statement? Because the beta servers all had different times on the clocks.
    I look at all shards in beta and all the North America shards all showed PST.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Soulwalker

man i sure hope they arnt all the same time (the idea of it is farfetched to me), i just hate looking at the in game clocks and mistaking it for real time... things like "Oh, its only 11pm... i can do 1 more hour np!" just to find out it was really midnight or later >,<

Thanks for help thus far guys =D

Quote Originally Posted by omghax View Post
    Did they? I guess I just got lucky and ended up on several different PST servers.

Rift Disciple

I'd rather they created time zone specific servers... Joined my brother on a wow server, turned out to be a pst server.. 3 months later brother is no longer playing and i'm left having a helluva time trying to find a guild that raided from 3pm til 6pm weekdays...

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMoose View Post
    All of the US servers are in Dallas, TX.
    And the EU servers are in Amsterdam.

They said the server names may be changing upon release, but I doubt they'll change where their hosts are physically located.
    I dunno, maybe that's why they needed time between Open Beta and Head Start. They had to chuck the servers in the back of a VW van and drive them to Hoboken.

I didn't investigate very far but I didn't notice the ability to change the clock in game to your local timezone. Other games I've played have the ability just by clicking on the clock. Does anyone know if you can do that already and I missed it or will be able to at launch? Just for displaying the time.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGimpy View Post
    I didn't investigate very far but I didn't notice the ability to change the clock in game to your local timezone. Other games I've played have the ability just by clicking on the clock. Does anyone know if you can do that already and I missed it or will be able to at launch? Just for displaying the time.
    Just changing the time on the display to play your time is pointless if its noon your time and like 3pm server.
    Dont wanna play when the majority of players are offline or what not.

which is why I'd like to locate a server that will use the central time zone as it's basis for time. =D

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast