Closed Thread

Thread: Server Time Zones

Soulwalker

Default Server Time Zones

Ok, so I am going out of my mind for Rift, I can't wait! I live on the east coast and I'm looking for a east coast server, or a server that is close to my time zone say...central. Does anyone out there know of a list that discusses the servers, and what time zone they are running on. A list of East or Central time zone servers would suffice. Again thank you, and Rift is going to be amazing!

It looks like they will be all standard for NA (PST) and EU (GMT).

No deviations.
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

From all can see shards will be all same time for NA shards and EU shards have another time. This is a good idea since helps keep server pop at good levels all the time. Games that have set time zones also have times almost no one is online. With the way Rift works that would be bad.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Shokenaw View Post
    It looks like they will be all standard for NA (PST) and EU (GMT).

No deviations.
    WOW. that's dumb
    Lotham City

Quote Originally Posted by Hutchinson View Post
    WOW. that's dumb
    See reason and it is not dumb at all. Did not want to state the MMO but guess need to.

Look at World of Warcraft they use time zone and you will have about 6 to 8 hours a day with a faction having less that 100 people online. With Rift the world has NPC raids and 100 people could no way get the major rifts and foothold closed. Also with Rift if you can not close the Major Rifts and footholds can not complete quest. But with no set time zone you will always have at least fair numbers.
    Last edited by Romiz; 02-21-2011 at 07:44 PM.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Server list should be available on or around the 22nd Feb.

Servers are located in 2 places. Dallas Texas for NA customers and Amsterdam for EU. Those are the only 2 timezones we have any information on at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    See reason and it is not dumb at all. Did not want to state the MMO but guess need to.

Look at World of Warcraft they use time zone and you will have about 6 to 8 hours a day with a faction having less that 100 people online. With Rift the world has NPC raids and 100 people could no way get the major rifts and foothold closed. Also with Rift if you can not close the Major Rifts and footholds can not complete quest. But with no set time zone you will always have at least fair numbers.
    Yep - What Romiz said.

As far as I know that is the only game with specific time zones on their servers...though honestly I've never paid attention at all to it.
    ||There is no patch for human stupidity||

Closed Thread