+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dear Seastone

Default Dear Seastone

Hey all, Demonatrix here!

Before people turn this in to a flame thread (which will probably happen anyway), I'd just like to say thanks for all the fun to all the Guardians I faced out in the world. Trash talk aside, it was fun! I ended up with 27k favor and 1.5k kills in the last month (older betas lost count), primarily in the world while hunting all of you in every zone. I did it as Marksman, Assassin, Nightblade, and Sabotuer, so don't blame the spec!

Sure, I killed and camped many of you lowbies too, but you can blame that on the lack of Guardian population for me to hunt at the level cap, and you can blame THAT on the racials (Everyone wanted the OP Kelari and noone wanted the Guardian racials, myself included). Rarely did I find someone who could take me down 1v1, but I did find many, and they weren't OP classes!

However there are a few I'd like to point out that decided to look beyond trash talking and more about PvP competition and sport:

Lok (Mage)
    Deatfletcher (Rooftop Rogue)
    Xanbot (Cleric)
    Bodyguard (37 warrior who owned me at 42, but needed Pali heal! RAGE!)
    Everyone (Lowbie I killed once with a sense of humor to look past it)
    And anyone else I may have forgotten who had fun with me instead of raging.

Advice to most, if you ever see me in the future, world PvP is the arena I choose, and if you're cool and don't take it to heart, you'll find I'm pretty friendly and honorable. If we meet again on the field of battle, I hope everyone can look past the trash talk and just have fun. Some of my best friends in the past were bitter rivals, and it'd be cool to organize some mass world PvP carnage events! However, that would mean rolling with the punches and keeping it positive!

Once again, to all of Seastone, Thanks!

P.S. Please keep replies civil, I'd like to hear from people who had fun if and before this thread gets locked from flames!

Plane Touched

No reason to take open world PvP as anything other than sport not like there is full loot..

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    No reason to take open world PvP as anything other than sport not like there is full loot..
    players have a loot table dependant on zone.. so yes there is loot.. its just not as guaranteed as rep farming the warfronts
    Last edited by Keiiga; 02-21-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Because it's a lot harder to do damage than it is to heal. You don't have to worry about your targets resisting or dodging or blocking or parrying your efforts. Hell you don't even have to worry about missing. Either you're healing too poor or Trion's short changing you.
    Ixxs-R8 Guardian Cleric-Seastone-<Desolate>

I came across a few who were unfriendly, and I just killed them on the spot when they attacked me. Mind you this is on a PVE server. And I came across those who waved at me and continued on their merry way. Good clean fun that's all.
    Total Artifact Collection turn-ins: 182/300

Co-Leader of Sanatorium on Millrush.
    KoS: Chaotic Destiny and General Goods

I like the world PvP, and hope Trion expands the options available to attack the other zones.

Loot would be nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiiga View Post
    players have a loot table dependant on zone.. so yes there is loot.. its just not as guaranteed as rep farming the warfronts
    The loot table from players is primarily grey trash items, which I found seemed dependant on level. Higher level kills had higher value trash loot. There is an occasional BoE Green or HP/MP potion, but they're very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedeye View Post
    I like the world PvP, and hope Trion expands the options available to attack the other zones.

Loot would be nice though.
    Same here. The loot isn't enough to pay for my cost in drink though. -.-

I'm hoping they maintain the attraction to world content, and possibly improve it to yield more reason to keep PvP away from Warfronts. I'm just not a fan of bag-in-the-box instanced PvP. Warfronts are the same as instanced PvP in other mmo's, headless chickens or premades, which will you join?
    Last edited by Lokanu; 02-21-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Shadowlander

Had fun breaking out of the norm. ;D
    -Xanbot

Plane Touched

I wonder if they are planning on putting in shard sub forums at some point. Maybe they think it might get a little ugly in there if they have them who knows, but it would be nice to at least give them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by darklcd View Post
    I wonder if they are planning on putting in shard sub forums at some point. Maybe they think it might get a little ugly in there if they have them who knows, but it would be nice to at least give them a shot.
    im thinking we might see shard forums tomorrow,but we shall see

Telaran

Hi demonatrix, last time i saw you in game, you were talking **** cus we were world pvping and you kept attacking us 1v2.

Still like the thread tho. and you have my respect
    Last edited by Keylax; 02-21-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keylax View Post
    Hi demonatrix, last time i saw you in game, you were talking **** cus we were world pvping and you kept attacking us 1v2.

/thread
    If you paid much attention, you'd see that all my comments were civil and fact-based. Plenty love to flame me and talk trash, even then I stick to civil comments. If someone says I fail, I taunt them into 1v1 to prove it. The "few" people who honor that gain my respect and usually I gain theirs, because for those few of us out there, competition is what we praise. It's not about who wins, it's the honor and test of skill between players. Before you criticize my statements, consider the other Guardians who were all trash talking me because I killed them.

I'll tell you right now, I'm not the best, nor do I seek to be. I don't seek to start drama, but that's never avoidable where PvP is concerned. Consider the level 16 I mentioned above, named Everyone. He had enough sense of humor to brush off his death, that I completely ignored him while killing everyone else in the town. I'd be willing to bet that he laughed his butt off watching me knowing he was safe! All because he didn't resort to flaming.

---

Edit: I do point out, Terror guild was the exception. They followed me from Runes of Magic, and all they do is troll, grief, and love to start drama. I had an especially great time killing them repeatedly and watching them whine over and over! To all you in Terror (Chinchin, Seren, Rando, Erebus, etc.) I owned every one of you repeatedly, in multiple specs. It takes TWO!
    Last edited by Lokanu; 02-21-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    Rules to Live by<insert ceiling cat here>
    Moar werld content plx!

I don't know how the server matches are made but I saw so many from Seastone in Warfronts that I'm going to start a character there in live..

Who said Rift has no flying!?

Quote Originally Posted by Purrgatory View Post
    I don't know how the server matches are made but I saw so many from Seastone in Warfronts that I'm going to start a character there in live..
    Well, the Guardian population was pretty low. I scoured every zone looking for high levels. I'm hoping to find a more balanced server. Without people to kill out in the world I had to resort to camping towns and waiting for people to show. Eventually that got boring, so I'd go to help a friend and end up camping a lower area hoping some of their higher level friends and/or guildmates would come fend me off.

Granted, it was Beta. It seemed I only found people my level when they were questing earlier in the week, and they slowly died down towards the end. Dunno.
    Last edited by Lokanu; 02-21-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    Moar werld content plx!

Champion of Telara Hackiedoodle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lokanu View Post
    Sure, I killed and camped many of you lowbies too, but you can blame that on the lack of Guardian population for me to hunt at the level cap, and you can blame THAT on the racials (Everyone wanted the OP Kelari and noone wanted the Guardian racials, myself included).
    I find it funny that you blame aspects of the game that you can't control, for your ganking of lowbies.
    Krimhilde, Warrior
    Ambya, Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Hackiedoodle View Post
    I find it funny that you blame aspects of the game that you can't control, for your ganking of lowbies.
    I kill anyone and everyone I can when able. I made every attempt to find high level players to kill, to the point of invading Sanctum and accepting a quest from an NPC there after a few hours and MANY soul mends later. (Yes, there's an acceptable quest for Defiants in Sanctum..) Moonshade had little to kill, but I stalked the moss-covered town of Auld-something where the port was, as well as the shared Rune Guardian area and above it. I traversed Droughtlands, finding VERY few of anyone to kill, except those who ran into Lantern Hook... which is PVP IMMUNE!

Ask almost anyone during Beta 6 that was 35 on Seastone, and I bet you they know me from camping their main town in Moonshade, there wasn't a spot I couldn't reach to kill with the exception of Deatfletcher who squirreled his way on top of all the tents. Hell, Dragoniv had over 5k hp in Beta 6, over 7k in Beta 7, and I could still kill him (Though I only found him maybe once or twice in Beta 7).

Did I sit around for 7 days and camp lowbies? Hardly!
    Last edited by Lokanu; 02-21-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    Moar werld content plx!

+ Reply to Thread