+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack of In-game voice hurting Warfronts?

Shadowlander

Default Lack of In-game voice hurting Warfronts?

Is there any rumors of ingame voice chat being implemented. this is the first mmo i have played without it.
    Seems the WF's are a free for all, random behaviour and little structure. Could account for this from stupidity, inexperience or selfishness--an ingame voice system may help...........abit ;)

You can barely force anyone to use a MIC in any game, even FPS shooters.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    You can barely force anyone to use a MIC in any game, even FPS shooters.
    Just takes one person to step on and lead/talk..the rest with ears can listen. I thnk it would improve overall Warfront play 10 fold.

Plane Touched

Let's not give me the option to listen to mouthbreathers or people eating or that guy yelling at me for not healing him when he's out of LOS.

I would end up turning it off most of the time, since the majority of times I've played games with voice people are generally just being ******s on it and not really leading anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfect View Post
    Just takes one person to step on and lead/talk..the rest with ears can listen. I thnk it would improve overall Warfront play 10 fold.
    Except nobody listens, ever. Because you said this, shows how new you are to MMO's
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Except nobody listens, ever. Because you said this, shows how new you are to MMO's
    lol no one ever? ever in the history of mmo's? I have only played a few (played Lotro for 3 years). I realize some times it is not used properly but we should have the choice.

Telaran

ooh what a great idea

the only people that use these kind of features are young Teenagers who think they are better than they really are

if you ever play TF2 or something you will know what i mean, you get some prepubescent kid, that still sounds like a girl, calling people in his team a noob, even tho he is last on the leaderboard.

If you really want to talk Voices, join a guild and use Ventrilo or Teamspeak and you wll be able to co ordinate an attack better than trying to control 20 people who probably
    a. Wont listen to you
    b. Have you muted
    c. Do the opposite to what you say to piss you off

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfAbuse View Post
    ooh what a great idea

the only people that use these kind of features are young Teenagers who think they are better than they really are

if you ever play TF2 or something you will know what i mean, you get some prepubescent kid, that still sounds like a girl, calling people in his team a noob, even tho he is last on the leaderboard.

If you really want to talk Voices, join a guild and use Ventrilo or Teamspeak and you wll be able to co ordinate an attack better than trying to control 20 people who probably
    a. Wont listen to you
    b. Have you muted
    c. Do the opposite to what you say to piss you off
    Was talking about Warfronts specifically, you cant join them with a full group, i may be wrong but thats what i thought.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfect View Post
    Was talking about Warfronts specifically, you cant join them with a full group, i may be wrong but thats what i thought.
    You don't need a full group to decimate a warfront. This was proven across pretty much any game with organized pvp.

Today my group with voice chat. 2 Clerics, 3 dps. Doesn't matter what kinda dps. They know not to overextend and move back when we tell them to or peel dps off of us when we tell them to. Pugs = molested.

Indeed it could help some warfronts but it could also get annoying and if the quality wasnt good then most people would just turn it off, i mean who really wants some horrible sound right in their ear when they're trying to hunt people down ;)

In warfronts since Beta 6

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tanora View Post
    Indeed it could help some warfronts but it could also get annoying and if the quality wasnt good then most people would just turn it off, i mean who really wants some horrible sound right in their ear when they're trying to hunt people down ;)
    I just thought the good might out weigh the bad..call be optimistic
    Just i had horrible experiences in my first few WF's, everyone all over the place, couldnt tell who was tanking, healing, cc'ing ect ect.....

Yeh i agree warfronts are pretty terrible when people dont know what to do but hey, maybe that will change on retail. I wouldnt mind in game chat because it would help pugged warfronts alot, but there will always be idiots who abuse it

In warfronts since Beta 6

+ Reply to Thread