Closed Thread

Thread: Artifact Addiction: Question witha Splash of Ranting

Default Artifact Addiction: Question witha Splash of Ranting

I have been addicted to artifacts since I first started playing... (beta 3 I believe) and once I capped a level each beta I would go artifact crazy... so since I hit 42 on weds I have done just that. I felt I needed to post though as I personally find artifacts to be a really cool, fun side project in the game with a lot of potential - but really could use a little butt lift.

- Sorting of artifacts: I just finally realized that I *think* they are listed by the level of the area they can be found... maybe. I honestly dont even know. PLEASE can some sort of sorting or zone filter or hell ANYTHING be added so when I have 2 artifacts from that collection with pages from a story that is about an area I cant locate for the life of me... I will at least know what zone theyre in.

- Artifacts belonging to multiple collections: My boyfriend and I share artifacts constantly and I miss a LOT of ones that go in 2 collections because I see the red and instantly say no I dont need it. Is there anyway collections that still need an artifact could be displayed in green? All the text is in white so its very easy to miss if you need it or not.

- My mini rant: I have come to the conclusion regarding critter tears:

1. Foxes are extinct or do not exist and their tears are some dev's sick joke to make people like me look for them for HOURS on end. I'm up to offering 10 plat on my server for the location of a fox. No one has given me a location. WHERE ARE THEY. (to make this joke even SICKER... somehow my boyfriend has a fox tear. WTF)

2. Snakes do not cry. I have killed hundreds. The ones just called SNAKE - the ones called something snake... IVE KILLED THEM ALL. THEY DO NOT CRY. If someone can tell me where these secret weeping snakes are... I may cry myself.

Thanks for reading... now GO FIND ARTIFACTS!

Ascendant

As far as I know, only the unusual critters drop tears. The reason they drop tears is because they are actually people that have been polymorphed into critters.

Rift Master

You sound like a psycho girlfriend?

Also its only the unusual critters drop tears, I found mine near a rift. Planetouched critter

I'm pretty insane thanks. Any any tips on fox zones?

Shadowlander

Well, I feel like that is completely wrong.

I harvested my 20 squirrel tears from "Squirrel" my coyote tear from "Coyote" my deer tear from "Unusual Deer"

I may be wrong, but I THINK I saw/got a fox tear in Freemarch with one of my Defiant characters...But I haven't been back there in a while.

As for snakes....I've killed hundreds and have yet to find a tear, haha.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Well, I feel like that is completely wrong.

I harvested my 20 squirrel tears from "Squirrel" my coyote tear from "Coyote" my deer tear from "Unusual Deer"

I may be wrong, but I THINK I saw/got a fox tear in Freemarch with one of my Defiant characters...But I haven't been back there in a while.

As for snakes....I've killed hundreds and have yet to find a tear, haha.
    Well you could be right. I could be mistaken in my theory about the reason. But maybe there is a connection somewhere and it would answer why you don't get the tears from those snakes.

I have ran into Fox in Stonefield hope that helps.

Only prob is, the artifact sets have lvls, if it goes gray then the chance for a lucky coin is slim to none.
    Last edited by BlackholeX; 02-18-2011 at 01:19 PM.
    Guild Nightfall - Byriel
    Ultimate Macro Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Sticky-Request
    Guild Website: www.nightfall-guild.com

I am really enjoying Collections and Artifacts as well. Especially the finding of ones that are hidden or hard to reach...

There was one right over a path in Gloamwood.. and you had to jump and carefully navigate the limbs of a tree to get to it.. and it wasn't too easy.

They should have those like over a cliff too! lol.. miss it and "Waho yehawwwww eyeeoiiiii" SPlat

Quote Originally Posted by Tristany View Post
    I am really enjoying Collections and Artifacts as well. Especially the finding of ones that are hidden or hard to reach...

There was one right over a path in Gloamwood.. and you had to jump and carefully navigate the limbs of a tree to get to it.. and it wasn't too easy.

They should have those like over a cliff too! lol.. miss it and "Waho yehawwwww eyeeoiiiii" SPlat
    There actually is. Guaranteed death if you fail the jump. It's in Silverwood at the big keep where you kill the wood demon tree bad guy...thing.

If you go around to the little camp where the ascetic is and look around the corner, there's a plaque you can click on that takes you to the top of a set of towers. From there, you just gotta find the right combination to port between the towers until you get to the one with the artifacts. On one tower there's a artifact sitting out on the edge of a downsloping section of the tower that is quite easy to miss and if you do, it's a helluva long way to the ground. Guaranteed death if you fail the jump.

TY for the stonefield tip... I found about 3 or so in the canyons right by where you enter from the east which I will be camping like whoaaa (lots of snakes in there to)

But yeah there are a lot in very difficult to get to areas... and theres ALWAYS an artifact under the bridge!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackholeX View Post
    Only prob is, the artifact sets have lvls, if it goes gray then the chance for a lucky coin is slim to none.
    This is not cool! I have to delay leveling until I get artifacts I'm missing.

Closed Thread