+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What key features should the Guild Interface have?

Plane Touched

Would very much like to have a similar system to what Warhammer Online had, and then some.

Ability to schedule raids and events within the guild interface ingame, not relying on a 3rd party website for this.

Possibly a ingame forum you access through the guild interface.

A guild levelling system, unlocking rewards as you gain rank. Simple things like a swift-travel to the front door of a dunegon (one of the rewards in WAR heh) or maybe even group specific skills/passives or banners for pvp.

Ability to set permissions for each rank within the guild to allow/disallow them access to things like the guild bank, kicking/inviting members, access to different chat windows (officer/member/recruit/senior officer?).

Ability to award members guild-specific titles, created by the guild leader, for accomplsihing something ingame, or just giving them a title based on thier personality, or thier rank within the guild. Such Member XXX <First to level cap> .... Member XXX <Guild Weirdo>

Definately a guild messaging system!
    Still looking for a family that you can game with for life? Make sure to check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com !

I would hope that there will be a guild log tab I could see. This tab should at a minimum players joining/leaving guild, Guild achievements, and promotions/demotions. A guild bank tab should also have logs that show what people put in and take out.

"Go ahead and run, you'll only die tired."

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post
    That's not the progression system though, sorry. I assumed you meant the actual leveling. The banners and standard-bearers and the enhancements they provided were an interesting system, but I don't really see a strong connection to that kind of mechanic in Rift. (Given that it was primarily meant as a PvP tool, even though it was of course used for PvE at times.)
    Aye, I'm not saying we should take everything Warhammer Online had in their guild user interface, but I think Trion should create some sort of system like Warhammer Online's that's unique.

Haseno
    "Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
    I love my comma's, deal with it, chump.

Rift Master

Im hoping something along the lines of a WH:O system only far more expanded. Have guild banners which offer AoE buffs to people in its range but large xp/pvp rewards if captures and vaguely expencive to buy etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by DannyKay View Post
    I would love to see the EQ2 type of guild interface.
    Also would like to have a decent ranking system for the guild.
    Definately enough room for a well thought out ranking system. EQ2 got a pretty good one for sure!
    Still looking for a family that you can game with for life? Make sure to check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2