Closed Thread

Thread: Crafting: Salvaged Wood & Metal

Soulwalker

Default Crafting: Salvaged Wood & Metal

I noticed something new with the salvage feature of professions, particularly weaponsmithing.

When you salvage a weapon, you no longer get gray garbage items. You instead get bits which can be merged into salvaged wood or metal if you get 5 of them.

Any ideas as to what you do with these salvaged woods and metals?

Shadowlander

As I understand it you can craft other things with it. Not sure what haven't really crafted much...

RIFT Fan Site Operator Arianera's Avatar

I can't seem to salvage anything I make anymore. I was able to do a few things earlier today.. and notice the salvaged wood bits. Still don't know how/why though.
    Site Owner of Rift-Craft.com Crafting Guides ~ @RiftCraft - Check out the Rune Search Database!
    Looking for a programmer to help me update Rift-Craft.com to Storm Legion. I could use some help please.
    Chiana 60 Defiant Cleric | Lirra 60 Defiant Rogue | Ruala 60 Defiant mage | members of Dirty Deeds on Faeblight

Soulwalker

I'm seeing the same thing in cloth, salvaged cloth. Can't do anything with it. Guess I'll bank it and hope. Beta 6 gave us useable cloth....

Shield of Telara

The patch notes say 'future recipes'.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerian View Post
    Ah okay. I was wondering what the heck to do with this salvaged metal.
    Proud member of Unrepentant: The pants-optional Defiant PvE guild on Gnarlwood

Soulwalker

right click on it and it will turn into whatever it is wood, iron etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerian View Post
    Future? ooook I guess I will jsut have to get tot he main town and bank it all then til those recipes become available. hope they are good ones then
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

Well under Artificer we can used salvaged gems to create +mana enchant for totems.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dharknite View Post
    Well under Artificer we can used salvaged gems to create +mana enchant for totems.
    This.

Check other profession trainers for additional recipes that can be crafted with salvaged materials. Whetstones, Riding chaps etc. (Hint. You may need to toggle higher level recipes to show...)

Closed Thread