+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So rest of the classes?

Default So rest of the classes?

Since beta is around the corner

which I'm psyched for!!!!

Butttt

Is there going to be anymore info on the rest of the classes coming out?
    or are the classes going to be unavail?

Only alpha and beta testers will be able to play all of the souls when the game is live, so Trion doesn't want to tease other players by telling them about the awesome classes they will never get to play.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Jiroi View Post
    Since beta is around the corner

which I'm psyched for!!!!

Butttt

Is there going to be anymore info on the rest of the classes coming out?
    or are the classes going to be unavail?
    THIS!!!!

Especially since the rest of them already are known from gamer's day and other events. Bring on the official info!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Only alpha and beta testers will be able to play all of the souls when the game is live, so Trion doesn't want to tease other players by telling them about the awesome classes they will never get to play.
    i do not compute.. please explain further..

Quote Originally Posted by Alucardx View Post
    THIS!!!!

Especially since the rest of them already are known from gamer's day and other events. Bring on the official info!
    yes bring on the official!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzle View Post
    i do not compute.. please explain further..
    He's taking the piss out of you as it were. Everyone will be able to play all of the classes and souls on launch lol. Don't mind him.

we may not see all the classes in beta unless they feel they are 99.% there. Trion wants a full game at launch, ut i hope we do see them all .

have an ale!

yea thats what i'm afraid of not having all classes avail to play yet, even though I've seen some alpha testing vids and previews of the classes but they aren't up for officla yet. : (

Yeah I'm not sure why some classes are not officially announced yet. I mean they even had a contest where we could rename the Chloromancer so we know it's there and what it is, why not make it official?

Sig by Zacro! Get one! Zacro's Request Thread

There's this thing called marketing and teasing. It keeps people that are interested coming back periodically to check and see if more info has been released. Also when the info is released the name rift and the released info hits gaming sites it raises awareness of the game. Having one big release of all the classes at one time won't garner as much attention as multiple periodic releases. If a reader sees the name rift once and has never heard of it before, they may not check it out. If you see the name rift multiple times over a period of time, those who don't know about it may become curious since it's been mentioned more than just once. I'm sure you'll find out (if you're selected) about the other classes during beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    There's this thing called marketing and teasing. It keeps people that are interested coming back periodically to check and see if more info has been released. Also when the info is released the name rift and the released info hits gaming sites it raises awareness of the game. Having one big release of all the classes at one time won't garner as much attention as multiple periodic releases. If a reader sees the name rift once and has never heard of it before, they may not check it out. If you see the name rift multiple times over a period of time, those who don't know about it may become curious since it's been mentioned more than just once. I'm sure you'll find out (if you're selected) about the other classes during beta.
    Well I understand that but beta is like 4 days away.... so why not rock out with there ***** out and show it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiroi View Post
    Well I understand that but beta is like 4 days away.... so why not rock out with there ***** out and show it all.
    Because the beta has an NDA and they don't want to/are not ready to do so yet. I won't go so far as to say their plan is perfect, but I'm going to bet their marketing team has things planned. In fact I'm pretty sure this beta in and of itself is the baby of the marketing team, rather than the Game Design team or anything. A the very least the methodology behind it is definitely marketing in origin.

Re: Beta being about marketing. This is from Abigale.

Our beta is for stress testing. And I have said many times that beta is also for marketing. Sure we'd all like to think marketing has nothing to do with it. But it does. There are less than 30k people on this forum right now. That's not enough to support any MMO. So our marketing team is using beta to get us some attention and get more people looking at Rift. That's their job. If they don't get the word out and get sales for the game, none of us get to enjoy Rift.

+ Reply to Thread