Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crafters of Telara

Soulwalker

Default Crafters of Telara

Hey everyone, I've noticed a few ppl interested in the extensive crafting system in Telara, havent seen anyone discuss anything related to crafting.

So far i haven't been able to max out my crafting, having a hard tuime finding mats, and well, nothing on the AH makes it harder to acquire what is needed.

ive been doing some Mining/armorsmith/butchering

Butchering so far haven't had any problems, just skin dead animals and spites i find in the world, and well, just find a loom which converts my furs to hides ( i believe, lol).
    Mining is a pain in the but, you got Defiants, mobs and other Guardians fighting altogether to hold possession of minerals, if there is a mob guarding the mine, once you engage, some ******, be defiant or guardian, comes along and takes what was supposed to be yours, hehe. so far i have managed to purchase Gold, Steel and some other mineral bar recipe.
    Silver i have found useless so far, don't know what it can be used for, anyone know any useful recipes and where they can be obtained?
    I found a crafting quest, and turned it in in able to gain the recipe to creating steel bars (if i remember well). Gold, haven't been able to spot none yet.

Well, as to armorsmithing, gaining skill slowly and steadily, doing my dailies every day, i have purchased 2 Blue recipes, cromite is a pain in the but to get so i can get my dailies done. Iron i got a surplus so i have enough to do my remaining dailies I hope. i'm already into making cobalt armors so mats are even harder to find. (actually i haven't crossed any cobalt mines)

I've been lucky enough to find an outfitter to make bolts of silk n stuff in order to complete mats of some armors for leveling, as well as a runecrafter or is it the apothecary for a material derived from potions in order to make Blue recipe armors...

Tomorrow i will check my skill lvls since i don't remember, lol

Feel free to post anything regarding crafting!
    Last edited by guillass; 02-14-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Shield of Telara

Silver is for artificing (makeing accessories/jewelry).

Chromite is low to mid 30s. You'll find a little in Scarlet Gorge, but your best bet is Scarwood Reach. The next zone (Moonshade Highlands, I believe) should have some chromite too. Cobalt (next above chromite?) should be 35-40ish, so perhaps Scarwood, Moonshade, and Droughtlands (the last 2 are open for B7).

*edit* Oh, those dailies should give you an idea of what zones to find things in (i.e. cobalt daily is turned in in Moonshade?).
    Last edited by Minerian; 02-14-2011 at 06:56 PM.

i havent tried crafting, and i wont until release. its one of the things ive been saving.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

Soulwalker

Default thanks

Sweet, cant wait to get into Cobalt = ) i explored al what was available and couldn't find any = ( sniff sniff, so guess i cant lvl anymore till beta tomorrow! = )

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Elizinator View Post
    i havent tried crafting, and i wont until release. its one of the things ive been saving.
    I did this too. I dabbled a little bit to get an idea of it, but that was all.

Soulwalker

Default Chromite daily, Iron Daily

Well, the chromite daily is turned in scarlet gorge, iron daily in Gloamwood, in Scarlet gorge, Chromite finding is a PAin almost non existent until Scarwood reach.

One thing that confused me a bit was that it seems the Defiant have a quest right off the bat which introduces you to the crafting/harvesting people, and gets you involved. But the Guardians don't seem to have one at all. There are harvesting trainers in the little camp above the shore, but there is no quest to introduce the player to them or get the player started on harvesting/crafting. Did I just miss something?

Rift Chaser

While this subject is open.. which crafting profession makes Bows and Guns? Weaponsmith?

I've been dabbling with foraging, mining nd weaponsmithing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightchrome View Post
    One thing that confused me a bit was that it seems the Defiant have a quest right off the bat which introduces you to the crafting/harvesting people, and gets you involved. But the Guardians don't seem to have one at all. There are harvesting trainers in the little camp above the shore, but there is no quest to introduce the player to them or get the player started on harvesting/crafting. Did I just miss something?
    Yes, Guardians have Harvesting people who will introduce you to Harvesting and give you quests for the various Harvesting professions. It's in the starter area right after you do your first Rift and port out of the newbie area. The crafting merchants and trainers are at the college up the road from there.
    Guild Mistress and Resident Healingwench of Oathkeepers
    Faeblight Server

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by guillass View Post
    Sweet, cant wait to get into Cobalt = ) i explored al what was available and couldn't find any = ( sniff sniff, so guess i cant lvl anymore till beta tomorrow! = )
    Since you can't play until tomorrow, I'd say that's a good bet

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    While this subject is open.. which crafting profession makes Bows and Guns? Weaponsmith?
    Guns and Bows are weaponsmith, wands are artificing (I think).
    Last edited by Minerian; 02-14-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: messed up a quote block

Plane Touched

Trion said during the round table discussion that there were a lot of recipes that aren't in the beta, but will ship with release. Not sure if they will show up tomorrow or not.

Soulwalker

Default Correct

Yes sir, that is correct

Shadowlander

I recommend using a rogue class for your gather, put all 3 gathering profession on your character and use strong pet to hold off the mobs while you gather the material to avoid resource thieves.

Once things go live it will be easier to get stuff of the AH. Also helps to have a good guild to trading mats.

I am going to put this in this link as well. I have been trying to promote a shared bank for crafting mats to make the transfer of materials on the same faction/server faster.

Champion

Yep thats the one!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast