Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: People who like addons : Why did you quit wow?

Plane Walker

My biggest reason for using add-ons is to customize my UI. I have never used anything like GS myself. I have used ones that make loot comparisons easier (ie you load in stat weights and it'll tell you whether or not a certain item is an overall gear upgrade) I've used recount to see how I am doing against other people, to see real live tracking on how much healing someone received up to their death.

You get the picture? Mods aren't the bad thing, it's how people use the mods. keep out GS and Elitist group and things get much better.

the raid UI in this game sucks.

wow required you to be on every day to do a heroic that could take up to 3 hours with how bad people were. plus everything else.
    Last edited by Nucleotides; 02-14-2011 at 05:15 AM.

This is how I feel without rift.

Soulwalker

Cata just felt like too much of a grind. I couldn't keep up if I didn't play 8 hours a day, doing the same heroics over and over and endlessly farming mats.

The only addon from WoW I want, that isn't in the default UI, is a threat meter.
    Last edited by hathaan; 02-14-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Soulwalker

[QUOTE
    Also, if I know healing is hairy, then I donít blame the healer, but if healing is automated then how isnít it the healerís fault? Addonís make the game tight to the point where it seems that it just becomes a blame game.[/QUOTE]

You are right - but maybe it's me - I find healing REALLY stressful but VERY satisfying. Unfortunately I beat myself up alot for letting groups wipe etc and you get so much flak as a healer if someone dies. You want to say
    "we are supposed to be a team - you kill stuff faster I don't have to heal as much, tank keeps the aggro, I don't have to heal the dps as much, I keep the tank alive, we don't get a big mess, you **** up and stand in purple/green/red **** you are going to try my patience, meanwhile putting the group at risk etc"
    So many players play these games and really aren't team players - or is that just me?

As regards an add on - I have yet to play Rift & I plan to play a ranger/Marksman - but I am curious to see how the whole target & hit system works - maybe it will be easy. I was the only healer in my guild at Lich king instance level I had no add ons. We died alot but learnt alot. Healbot just made me smile and allowed me to heal more efficiently as I could be aware more of procs and use them advantageously, in oppose to SHIIIIIIT he's gonna die, flash of light, flash of light, phew, holy light.... BUT I will say this there is an element of whack a mole to healing add ons. No add ons would make people learn their class and play it more efficiently, my only complaint is I'm an old lady ;) and no longer have the nimble fingers or reactions of a teenager or 20year old

But HOW MUCH FUN is playing a brand new game eh? EH???!

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9