+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gamervision interview with Scott Hartsman

Good catch.

Nice to see some dynamic NPC behavior / goals / reactions to the environment confirmed.

A good read.

Not much new, but he did go into a little more detail about some things we've heard about before.

Added the link to Rift Links
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Awesome find Ciovala. I think I love you.

Seriously though as far as when it started, I remember reading something about 2006-2007 as well but cant place the source. I know they actually announced the game in May 2009 and the original hereoesoftelara.com website was launched on June 1st 2009. The 4 pages of information they gave us back then was enough to have me hooked and I have been closely following its progress every since.
    Warp

Sounds like an interview they did at the reveal last month. Nothing new but it was fun to hear him talk about the merchant getting pissy.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Then it would mean that rest 5% of the game will be finished in about 2 months. Thus sometime at the end of July - start of August open beta will begin. Not that much of time left, especially if you have a summer job..
    I suspect there will be an closed beta for a long time before the doors open to the world en masse. Plus I suspect Alpha will be a while also.

Quote Originally Posted by Durnkrag View Post
    I suspect there will be an closed beta for a long time before the doors open to the world en masse. Plus I suspect Alpha will be a while also.
    I seriously doubt we are anywhere near an open beta, but you know people get excited and all haha.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Pharone View Post
    I seriously doubt we are anywhere near an open beta, but you know people get excited and all haha.
    Haha, I meant "I suspect there WON'T be....." but I need coffee!

Yeah I can't see an open beta until the marketing team kicks down SH's door!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2