+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The tale of Two Noobs: A Fable

Plane Touched

Default The tale of Two Noobs: A Fable

There is an ancient story of a Old Veteran of Rift that would great people on the forums and in the Starting Zone. A noob questing just outside the gates for the very first time sees the Old Veteran sitting around handing out noob starting packs and decides to strike up a conversation with him. "Oh hai! Is this game any good? How is the community?" he asked.

The Old Veteran looked the noob up and down and replied calmly:
    "Before I answer that, let me ask..how was the community of the last MMO you played?"

The noob jumped up and down without ceasing as he angrily exclaimed "OMG! The people were unfriendly and rude and were such elitist jerks!"

The Old Veteran nodded knowingly "I see, I see. Well, actually, thats probably the exact words I'd use to describe the people you'll find in this game. Its probably best if you waited for the next MMO"

So the noob, still jumping, shouted "OMG U GUYS SUCK LATER IM CANCELLING" and logged off, going on to the next big MMO.

Later in the day, the Old Veteran was out helping some lower level friends quest when another noob approached him, obviously lost. The Old Veteran stops to help and the Noob asks him a question...the same one that the first did: "Oh Hai! Hows this game? How is the community?"

"Before I answer that, let me ask..how was the community of the last MMO you played?"

Excited at being addressed by the obviously very knowledgeable Old Veteran, the Noob begins to jump up and down over and over again, shouting "Oh my, they were the best! Sure there were some bad apples but people were friendly and sociable and I made so many good friends!"

The Old Veteran nodded knowingly "I see, I see. Well, actually, thats probably the exact words I'd use to describe the people you'll find in this game. Would you like to join my guild? Im starting it up to help noobs like you."

The Old Veteran knew, wherever we go, we take ourselves with us.

Rift Disciple

Priceless!!!

Plane Touched

Bump because this should be stickied and everyone should be forced to read it before posting any threads like "DPS METERS WILL RUIN THE COMMUNITY" and "LETS NOT LET THE WOW KIDDIES RUIN THE COMMUNITY" or any such thing like that.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I've always been really big on the whole "you get back what you give out" philosophy. Most of the time it works. Sometimes there's nothing you can do, and it's best to walk away, watching where you step.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post
    There is an ancient story of a Old Veteran of Rift that would great people on the forums and in the Starting Zone. A noob questing just outside the gates for the very first time sees the Old Veteran sitting around handing out noob starting packs and decides to strike up a conversation with him. "Oh hai! Is this game any good? How is the community?" he asked.

The noob jumped up and down without ceasing as he angrily exclaimed "OMG! The people were unfriendly and rude and were such elitist jerks!"

The Old Veteran nodded knowingly "I see, I see. Well, actually, thats probably the exact words I'd use to describe the people you'll find in this game. Its probably best if you waited for the next MMO"

So the noob, still jumping, shouted "OMG U GUYS SUCK LATER IM CANCELLING" and logged off, going on to the next big MMO.

Later in the day, the Old Veteran was out helping some lower level friends quest when another noob approached him, obviously lost. The Old Veteran stops to help and the Noob asks him a question...the same one that the first did: "Oh Hai! Hows this game? How is the community?"

Excited at being addressed by the obviously very knowledgeable Old Veteran, the Noob begins to jump up and down over and over again, shouting "Oh my, they were the best! Sure there were some bad apples but people were friendly and sociable and I made so many good friends!"

The Old Veteran nodded knowingly "I see, I see. Well, actually, thats probably the exact words I'd use to describe the people you'll find in this game. Would you like to join my guild? Im starting it up to help noobs like you."

The Old Veteran knew, wherever we go, we take ourselves with us.
    my first action with the new account will be to bump this for awesomeness, (accidently was posting under my wifes account befre)

Ascendant

Haha good post;)

Rift Disciple

I hope you don't mind, but I am using a link to this thread as my signature

Shadowlander

Hehehe nice story

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Justify View Post
    I hope you don't mind, but I am using a link to this thread as my signature
    By all means. Im pretty narcissistic, so I encourage others to do things that put me in the center

Rift Disciple

Thumbs up

nicely done. great post.

Best read in awhile

Rift Disciple

I don't think it's wise to let this post fall off the first page atm.

Great post!

*golf claps*

Bravo!!!!

I love it! Best post ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast