+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Code Distribution

Default VIP Code Distribution

We have three threads on the front page this morning that have devolved into arguing and name calling. All three are about the "fairness" of our VIP code give-aways. It seems people are still upset at the way Trion has decided to disburse VIP codes.

I've said all of this before but I am going to say it again. Since we have 3 of those threads filling up the front page, we are going to close them and if you have more to say, you can say it in this thread.

We have chosen to do most of our testing in alpha. It's been going on for some time. Have you noticed that many of the folks who were here regularly contributing to the community from the beginning are not around much anymore? Ever wonder where they have gone? We have continuously looked to this community for people who have supported us and asked for their help. And we will continue to do that. We will still be adding to alpha for a while. We can't add everyone. But we have tried to select people from the community who have demonstrated that they are knowledgeable about MMOs and good at giving feedback. When it has come to selecting people for real feedback, we have looked to our community.

Our beta is for stress testing. And I have said many times that beta is also for marketing. Sure we'd all like to think marketing has nothing to do with it. But it does. There are less than 30k people on this forum right now. That's not enough to support any MMO. So our marketing team is using beta to get us some attention and get more people looking at Rift. That's their job. If they don't get the word out and get sales for the game, none of us get to enjoy Rift.

I have posted many times and have been up front and honest about what we are doing with alpha and beta.I have kept you up to date with as much information as I have had. I understand that not everyone is happy with the process we have chosen. We have heard the feedback and if we have another beta someday, we will take your suggestions and comments into consideration. But to be quite blunt, this ship has sailed. We are not going to be changing our plans at this late date.

And again, I will say that no beta could ever make everyone happy unless we just open it to everyone. We will continue to give out as many VIP codes as we can. We are doing our best to be fair to the old people, the new people and those still joining us.

I understand that sometimes a decision that we make will make a portion of the community unhappy. But let's please try to keep things civil. Multiple threads, trolling, name calling and derogatory comments are going to be addressed.

Thank you for your understanding and let's try to put this beta process stuff behind us. I wish I could wave my magic wand and just give everyone alpha and make you all happy. But that's just not the way it works. So let's make the best of it and move on. Soon, we will all be able to play Rift to our hearts content. I mean, after beta comes launch. Then we can all be hanging out in Telara!

+1 to this. Well said, and I share the viewpoint! It really helps no one to be caustic about this, especially so close to the holidays! All of us are here to play, and all of us think RIFT is worth playing. Come on, community.

Can't we all ust get along?

Thank you for your understanding and your post! Hopefully it will set the tumult down in the community!

*Edit: Even though I have to admit I have been also guilty to one or two harsh posts. However, reading the post from Abigale; she is right. It is not needed and not nice to newcomers to make such posts.

Her post won't make the members who are angry (and some who do not have a VIP key yet) happy, however I hope it will create understanding under the community.
    Last edited by Puffs; 11-23-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

Rift Disciple

Well think that most people understand why there are beta invites all over the place, but i think that most of us, are so dam hyped so we cant w8 to test/play the game ;DITs nice to have some offcial statement on the matter thought.

Soulwalker

Haha you said soon. Which I believe is also been trademarked by Blizzard Forum GMs.

Soon ™

Thanks for taking the time to post this, I agree 100% with this, there is really no need for the community to rip itself apart about what are essentially stress tests for the game. I trust Trion is doing what needs to be done in the Alpha, I'm just glad I will be able to contribute however I can in those weekend events. Let's hope for the sucess of the game above everything.

Thanks for the clarification,its nice to know you listen and respond

Looking forward to beta weekends,but looking forward to release more!
    http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp17/icandieman/baby1/cleric2-1-1.jpg

Thanks Abi as usual!
    If ignorance is bliss, you must be ******ic.

Keep closing them threads!
    Thanks for the info.

Thanks Abi always great to see CM's watching and responding to the community concerns.

That's one of the nicest, to the point, scoldings I've ever heard.

Thanks, Abi.

Aw, I was having a good laugh talking about tomato sauce!
    its = possessive, it's = it is | whose = possessive, who's = who is | your = possessive, you're = you are | too = also or too much, to = to go or to do, two = 2 | their = possessive, there = a place, they're = they are | than = comparative, then = deals with time

Sign these petitions: Halo Reach for PC | Legend of the Seeker season 3 (tv show)

Soulwalker

You are a good writer

Once again, I take my hat off to you, Abigale. I don't know how you can do this job. I'd be going INSANE with all of this stuff that has exploded on the forums since the beta code giveaways first started happening. I hope this calms the trolls and the angry people down some. The forum used to be much more fun.

All good points but if you think its bad here go to some of the sites you have given Vip passes to it always boils down to people thinking that they should have a vip pass because they have been a site memebers for the longest.

Anyway soon enough the game will be a great hit and people will forget about all this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast