+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How will the crafting be?

Question How will the crafting be?

Will the crafting function like Vanguard:Saga of heroes or like WoW and Aion.

I prefer Vanguard's crafting, it's much more fun and you can spend alot of time with it and you must be active while crafting, it's not like in WoW or Aion where you can set it on 100 and it craft it for you.

Shield of Telara

From what I've seen in screenshots and video snippets, the crafting looks just like WoW's crafting.

HOWEVER.

As I understand it, it's currently being revamped, so we don't really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post
    From what I've seen in screenshots and video snippets, the crafting looks just like WoW's crafting.

HOWEVER.

Ah good that they revamp it to something more interesting. I would love if they make it so it takes up as much time as adventuring and interesting as combat and Rifts.

Love the thinh Vanguard did with:

Adventuring
    Crafting
    Diplomacy

You had fun with all three and it wasn't all about fighting monsters. I really hope Rift can take something from that.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

Quote Originally Posted by Lorathir View Post

HOWEVER.

That might explain the little info we have received about the crafting system. It has been pretty quiet about it so far imo.
    “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”

Plane Touched

I hope its a more interactive system like Vanguard or EQ2 than a simple insert mats and you have a finished item system like WoW......I am hoping for a more complex system where you actually have to get recipes off of monsters or other methods than a trainer handing them all to you.

Honestly, I would expect it to be more similar to WoW's in the actual mechanic they use...

I think they said that they want it to be simple enough that casual crafters can do it, but also with an added layer of complexity for people who want to dive a little deeper. The recent Gamer Day videos also mentioned some sort of augmentation system that you can use to make your crafted stuff different from everyone else's. That could change though - they weren't supposed to show any crafting at all.

It's very much in flux from what I understand, so if you have a suggestion, posting it wouldn't hurt. Linolea also made an excellent suggestion for them to use crafting soul trees that I happen to like.
    Last edited by Selene; 11-20-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theos1 View Post
    I hope its a more interactive system like Vanguard or EQ2 than a simple insert mats and you have a finished item system like WoW......I am hoping for a more complex system where you actually have to get recipes off of monsters or other methods than a trainer handing them all to you.
    All of the good recipies in WoW were obtained via monsters dropping them, and then later raid bosses that only had a small chance to drop 1 of 3 epic recipies.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Honestly, I would expect it to be more similar to WoW's in the actual mechanic they use...

I think they said that they want it to be simple enough that casual crafters can do it, but also with an added layer of complexity for people who want to dive a little deeper. The recent Gamer Day videos also mentioned some sort of augmentation system that you can use to make your crafted stuff different from everyone else's. That could change though - they weren't supposed to show any crafting at all.

It's very much in flux from what I understand, so if you have a suggestion, posting it wouldn't hurt. Linolea also made an excellent suggestion for them to use crafting soul trees that I happen to like.
    Crafting soul trees? That sounds amazing, can I get a link to the thread for everyone to see?

Here's the link to it: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ing-Soul-Trees

In the first post, there's a link to another thread in which people discussed what they'd like to see from a crafting system. There were a lot of good suggestions, if I'm thinking of the right thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Here's the link to it: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ing-Soul-Trees

In the first post, there's a link to another thread in which people discussed what they'd like to see from a crafting system. There were a lot of good suggestions, if I'm thinking of the right thread.
    Thanks!

Here is my own idea to the crafting soul tree- added to her thread.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...d=1#post180418

+ Reply to Thread