Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: A Guide to making Macro's in Rift

Lightbulb A Guide to making Macro's in Rift

Thought I would throw this out there. It's a bit incomplete, but does give you a general Idea on making Macro's.

Here is a Guide I found that will better explain some of the RIFT Macro's, as well as Slash commands:

Macros

A macro in the context of video games refers to a set of instructions that can be issued together with one input or “hotkey.” Rift supports macroing via an in-game menu. Opening that menu brings up a panel with a list of macro slots on the left, and the macro fields on the right. You can give your macro a name and select an icon for it. You can also have a macro inherit the icon and cooldown timer of some ability using the following syntax:

#show ability

e.g. #show Commander’s Order will cause the macro to inherit the icon and ability icon of the skill called “Commander’s Order”

Macro Commands

An important component of macros is the ability to issue game commands via text input. A macro generally saves one or more of these commands for future and repeated use. Some the game commands available are below.

* /saveequip followed by an index number (e.g. “/saveequip 1″)
    o This saves the currently equipped set of equipment to the specified index.
    * /loadequip followed by an index number (e.g. “/loadequip 1″)
    o This loads the saved set of equipment from the specified index.
    * /cast followed by an ability name (e.g. “/cast Motif of Tenacity”)
    o This casts the specified ability. You can specify a target for that ability using special targeting syntax (e.g. /cast @mouseover Commander’s Order)
    * /wait followed by a number of seconds (e.g. “/wait 1″)
    o This is used to tell the game engine to wait the specified number of seconds before issuing the next command.
    * /stopcasting
    o This tells the game engine to stop the current action and is a necessary intermediate step between chained macro commands.
    * /use item
    o This uses the item named (e.g. /use Blessed Tome)
    * /help
    o This lists the Rift recognized / commands.

Syntax

When listing commands in the macro interface, you do not need the leading slash, so rather than /cast, you would just use cast. The following illustrates:

#show Commander's Order
    cast @mouseover Commander's Order

Slash Commands

The following is a list of all slash commands we know about. If you find any that’s missing, feel free to let us know.

Slash commands can be used in the chat channels or even inside macros.

/abilitybar
    /afk
    /announce
    /ann
    /assist
    /ban
    /battleground
    /bindmacrofile
    /bow
    /camp
    /cancelbuff
    /cast
    /cban
    /cexit
    /chan
    /channel
    /chatban
    /chatexit
    /chatinfo
    /chatinvite
    /chatjoin
    /chatkick
    /chatleave
    /chatlist
    /chat
    /chatsay
    /chatunban
    /chatwho
    /cheer
    /chicken
    /cinvite
    /cjoin
    /ckick
    /clearallmarks
    /clearfocus
    /clearmark
    /cleave
    /combatlog
    /cry
    /csay
    /cunban
    /dance
    /dismount
    /dnd
    /duelaccept
    /duel
    /duelreject
    /emote
    /equip
    /exit
    /exportkeybindings
    /exportui
    /filter
    /flex
    /focus
    /follow
    /friend
    /friendslist
    /gdemote
    /getfocus
    /ginvite
    /gkick
    /gleave
    /glog
    /gpromote
    /gsetmotd
    /gsetnotes
    /guild
    /ignore
    /ignore_setnote
    /importkeybindings
    /importui
    /inspect
    /invite
    /join
    /kick
    /laugh
    /leader
    /leave
    /loc
    /logoff
    /logout
    /mark
    /mod
    /moderator
    /motd
    /officer
    /osetnotes
    /owner
    /partyleave
    /party
    /password
    /pass
    /petaggressive
    /petattack
    /petcast
    /petdefensive
    /petfollow
    /petpassive
    /petstay
    /played
    /point
    /private
    /public
    /pvptoggle
    /quit
    /raid_create
    /raid_demote
    /raid_disband
    /raid_promote
    /raid
    /raid_readycheck
    /raid_warning
    /random
    /rand
    /reloadui
    /reply
    /report
    /resetinstances
    /resetuitodefaults
    /returntorespawn
    /role
    /roll
    /rope
    /rsay
    /saveequip
    /say
    /serverinfo
    /shout
    /sit
    /startattack
    /startrangedattack
    /stopattack
    /stopcasting
    /targetlasttarget
    /target
    /targetmark
    /tell
    /time
    /trade
    /unannounce
    /unann
    /unban
    /unignore
    /unmod
    /unmoderator
    /use
    /version
    /warfront
    /war
    /wave
    /whisper
    /who
    /yell

Peace
    Doom

Default Macro Wish

It would be nice if RIFT had a page where you could design macro's using a dropdown menu system, sorte of a fill in the blank approach and then import the macro into your game file. Now that would be an evolution in macro building.

Guessing which commands will and will not work or reading them a month from now on a Wiki site is old hat.

I'm a person who spends the time to set up my macros as I gain new abilities, so this list is appreciated, but it would be great if every player could easily create and use macros.

The idea of importing a macro from a macro build page would be amazing and save tons of time. mouseover and pet attack are just a couple key macros, but there are so many useful macros that it is a shame this information is not more publicly accessible.

Thanks

Plane Touched

Nice thread. Thanks! This should be pinned.

HOLY CRAP THEY HAVE TEH WAIT COMMAND!?!?!?

brb programming an in game bot using the in game macro system

(edit, not really, but they really do need to remove the wait command)
    Last edited by Talamare; 02-09-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Default macros

Yeah, I agree would be nice to have a cut and paste database for the macros. I will certainly make up some generics that I can edit the ability names into when I get time.

Also the @mouseover command has me a little stumped on just how it works, and since the game is down until Feb `15th I can't experiment with it. But if anyone knows whether it's just mousing over your target and pressing the macro button or can you customize to act like the %T command that would add the target and it's name? Please share with us.

During EQ I was always a big fan of using the /assist %T macro for grouping and raids, so I'm wondering how the @mouseover is going to work in those terms.

Peace
    DOOM

Shield of Telara

Nice list

I agree, the wait command will get abused. Not a good idea
    Keenblade - 50 Warrior - R8
    Riftdrawals - A Facebook group for Rift fans going through Riftdrawals
    Pak'Cafan - A multi gaming community since 1999. Now recruiting for Rift.

What's the problem with waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Phalsadoom View Post
    Yeah, I agree would be nice to have a cut and paste database for the macros. I will certainly make up some generics that I can edit the ability names into when I get time.

Also the @mouseover command has me a little stumped on just how it works, and since the game is down until Feb `15th I can't experiment with it. But if anyone knows whether it's just mousing over your target and pressing the macro button or can you customize to act like the %T command that would add the target and it's name? Please share with us.

During EQ I was always a big fan of using the /assist %T macro for grouping and raids, so I'm wondering how the @mouseover is going to work in those terms.

Peace
    DOOM
    #show Healing Breath
    cast @mouseover Healing Breath

Simple as that. Mouseover the unit frame and press button.

Just an example
    Last edited by Isadore; 02-09-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporman View Post
    What's the problem with waiting?
    I'm guessing in terms of making multiple string syntax. You push one hot key and it does 4 different abilities for you. Bards would greatly benefit from this with their motifs and anthems. They could limit the number of syntax line per macro though.

Peace
    DOOM

Telaran

Just so everyone knows... you can't use more than 1 ability per macro. So no... the wait command cant really be abused.

Arrow Hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Brodka View Post
    Just so everyone knows... you can't use more than 1 ability per macro. So no... the wait command cant really be abused.
    Actually that may not be true, unless they've changed it recently. Example, this Video made on Jan 09 2011 Showing a Bard making a 3 cast Macro:

Video Here:

Peace
    DOOM

Shadowlander

Only one ability per macro. Yes you used to be able to put multiple abilities in there but that changed ( In Beta 5 I believe)

Default That is just bull

Quote Originally Posted by merauder69 View Post
    Only one ability per macro. Yes you used to be able to put multiple abilities in there but that changed ( In Beta 5 I believe)
    Well if that's true, then it makes Macros just a chat based /slash chat command utility, and basically un-need in the game, they should just remove them altogether then. I can't see much use other than maybe an assist macro. Single click ability Icons from your abilities book will work the same way, and basically an assist macro or dance macro aren't things I would waste time making a macro for.

Too bad, I really enjoyed the use of Macros in EQ to help with gameplay. With this setup you can't even add a chat pulling message or an assisting the tank message while triggering your commands. Fluff abilities like /dance and /cry, /sit are just mundane and useless.

What a disappointment. This is another example of how PvP and PvE don't mix, and PvP detrimentally effects the PvE play
    Peace
    DOOM
    Last edited by Phalsadoom; 02-09-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks for the heads up.

Please STICKY!
    With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain

Quote Originally Posted by Phalsadoom View Post
    Well if that's true, then it makes Macros just a chat based /slash chat command utility, and basically un-need in the game, they should just remove them altogether then. I can't see much use other than maybe an assist macro. Single click ability Icons from your abilities book will work the same way, and basically an assist macro or dance macro aren't things I would waste time making a macro for.

Too bad, I really enjoyed the use of Macros in EQ to help with gameplay. With this setup you can't even add a chat pulling message or an assisting the tank message while triggering your commands. Fluff abilities like /dance and /cry, /sit are just mundane and useless.

What a disappointment.
    Peace
    DOOM
    It's not true that this makes macros useless. To clarify what you can do, you can put more than one ability in a macro, but the macro cannot execute more than one of them from a single use of the macro.

What this means is that you can set up a single macro that includes a number of abilities, and it will work through them until it gets to the first one that it is able to execute, and then stop there.

Which is great if, for example, you have things like reactive abilities or abilities with long cooldowns, as you can set up a macro which will ensure they get used whenever they are available, but if they're not available it will default to something else.

So for example on a melee char you could have a macro set up such as:

#show Reckless Strike
    cast Furious Rage (reactive such as on block)
    cast Face Slam (melee ability with a cooldown such as 6 seconds)
    cast Reckless Strike (Melee Range Spamable)

This will use the reactive if it's up, if not it will use the long cooldown ability, if that's not up it will just do the default spamable attack.

This is really useful for managing the use of lots of abilities.

e.g. In the last beta I had a single keypress set up for my Justicar which would cycle through a total of 5 reactive/long cooldown attacks using the first one it got to that was available for use, which meant I could use 1 button instead of 5.
    Last edited by Vinge; 02-09-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast