+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Macros on the Logitech G700

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default Macros on the Logitech G700

    Hey all, just got my logitech G700 in the mail today. Love it.

    However, I'm having some problems assigning shift+ and alt+ to the G5 and G6 keys.

    My goal is this: make it so I can press a G key on the mouse to activate the shift or alt key so I can do shift+1 or alt+1 on the mouse instead of presisng shift on the keyboard. Does that make sense? Essentially, I want shift and alt as shortcuts on my mouse so I can just press 1,2,3, etc on the keyboard and not shift/alt.

    Any help? I've tried macro assignments and keystrokes in Setpoint. Thanks.
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Istherion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koleamoku View Post
    Hey all, just got my logitech G700 in the mail today. Love it.

    However, I'm having some problems assigning shift+ and alt+ to the G5 and G6 keys.

    My goal is this: make it so I can press a G key on the mouse to activate the shift or alt key so I can do shift+1 or alt+1 on the mouse instead of presisng shift on the keyboard. Does that make sense? Essentially, I want shift and alt as shortcuts on my mouse so I can just press 1,2,3, etc on the keyboard and not shift/alt.

    Any help? I've tried macro assignments and keystrokes in Setpoint. Thanks.
    I was able to bind shift, alt or ctrl to my MX518 using the latest Setpoint, I just assigned keystroke, then clicked shift (The window actually said "Shift+") but it worked anyway.

    No idea if it's different on the G700 or not though.
    Last edited by Istherion; 02-07-2011 at 02:44 PM.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    I tried the same but to no avail...
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Let me clarify some. In game, I have...

    action bar 1 set to: 1,2,3,4,5, etc

    I have action bar 2 set to: shift+1, shift+2, shift+3, etc

    I have action bar 3 set to: alt+1, alt+2, alt+3, etc

    I want to be able to do, for action bar 2: G5+1, G5+2, G6+3, etc
    For action bar 3: G6+1, G6+2, G6+3, etc

    How do I do this? In the game, keybindings get set to one button only such as G6 or G5, actually, only those two bind but that isnt my problem now.

    In game I can't bind G5+1, only G5.

    In Setpoint (most current) I can set Shift+ and alt+

    .........
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    bump

    /10 chars
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Istherion View Post
    I was able to bind shift, alt or ctrl to my MX518 using the latest Setpoint, I just assigned keystroke, then clicked shift (The window actually said "Shift+") but it worked anyway.

    No idea if it's different on the G700 or not though.
    What were your bindings like in game? Did you have shift+[num] for your action bars?
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Istherion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koleamoku View Post
    What were your bindings like in game? Did you have shift+[num] for your action bars?
    I didn't try binding shift to my mouse when the beta was up, that's not how I usually bind, I just tried binding shift to the mouse to see if it worked for me, to help you And it did, I was able to bind shift to my mouse button 4, and then hold it to type uppercase letters.

    As for bindings overall, they're quite buggy atm, check http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ggy-mousebinds

    Edit: A guy in that post I linked wrote "I don't know if it's related, but I use a Notromo n52te, and I cannot make a shift-click keybinding work no matter how I try. I can do it in EQ2 and Wow and LOTRO, but not Rift."

    Probably related.
    Last edited by Istherion; 02-08-2011 at 06:46 AM.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Hm, for some reason the G7 key on my mouse works for shift yet in the description it is marked as "generic assignment"




    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Cheers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    176

    Default

    so what exactly is your problem?

    coz I am able to assign a Keystroke Assisgnment to a Gkey e.g. G5 , press Shift, the input field will appears "Shift+", then Apply.

    I can press G5 and type Caps Characters in notepad after this setting

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Can you not assign [Mousebutton]+[num] to a bind instead of going through the trouble of binding shift to your mouse first?

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mast3rpyr0 View Post
    Can you not assign [Mousebutton]+[num] to a bind instead of going through the trouble of binding shift to your mouse first?
    Nope, that doens't work.

    My problem is that my mouse will not take the G6, G5 button as shift+ and alt+ and make it work in game. I'm going to reinstall Setpoint.
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
    so what exactly is your problem?

    coz I am able to assign a Keystroke Assisgnment to a Gkey e.g. G5 , press Shift, the input field will appears "Shift+", then Apply.

    I can press G5 and type Caps Characters in notepad after this setting
    What are your keybindings in game? Do you bind shift+[num]? I do that currently. Mouse is set to keybind for shift and alt so I, hopefully, can just press shift+[num]
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Problem solved. Reinstalled Setpoint.
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Just kidding. Doesn't work now.

    This is really awful software.
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Ok, I've found the problem. Setpoint 6.20 will NOT switch profiles even when I manually change profiles. Saving profiles onto mouse does not work either. To get around this I have to manually change the button layout of the "general" profile every time. VERY annoying.
    Processor: i5 750 2.66Ghz Quad Core
    RAM: 4GB G.Skill DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 2 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Logitech G110
    Logitech G35
    Logitech G700/G5
    Logitech G27

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts