+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Here's why I'm gonna play RIFT and not other MMO's.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by matt198992 View Post
    you DO realize that most F2Ps wind up costing you more to play overall than pay monthlies do, right? all the best stuff is extra $$. sometimes it even has better stats so you KNOW you gotta spend 5$ for that sword. but then you need the armor too at 3$ a piece. by the end of the month you wind up paying close to 25-30 at minimum. i have been down this road too, dont fool yourself thinking that GW2 will have "cosmetic changes" only. the game isnt even out yet and so many people claim to know everything about it. it's sickening. i can, without a doubt, however, say that Rift looks certainly worth my time and money, after playing the last 2 betas. there will also be 1 raid added after launch (within a month or two), and another raid released shortly after that. so yeah, so far the devs are keeping up with this game and the community pretty well. why dont you just WAIT for GW2 to come out before you brag about it, hm?

and i agree. wow sucks. you got me there.
    Interesting point but do you realised that have a difference between F2P you are speaking here is the ones they call with item mail and the GW that is true F2P you buy the game and is all... Do you realized that GW is the only true F2P is not a Free to Download ans ITEM MAIL. And why GW2 will be different from GW1 if they (devs ) are telling ppl will be like the GW1 dont think all is the same because they are not btw RIFT is a P2P and is a good game that is what matters now and hope that will have a good end-of-game content we are waiting for it.
    I will play RIFT because was the 1st mmorpg P2P that i loved and hope will be for long time, love the souls, love the dynamic and love the idea of clerics doent mean healers and mages doesn't mean dps
    PS: please stop with this comments "why dont you just WAIT for GW2 to come out before you brag about it, hm?"
    or go play WoW or so this is childies and nosence....No offence

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bibo View Post
    Haters, go. 3 more weeks for you.
    Pure and simple - you are the first major Rift fanboi ... congrats, you win the tinternet.
    Last edited by Fyloh; 02-07-2011 at 05:14 PM.

First off, you have no idea what TOR is going to be like so it seems silly to bash it.

Second, the first 30 seconds of Rift aren't exactly gripping. Personally, I found the starting zones for both sides kinda ho hum. In fact, my main concern is that people will play to level 5 or 6, get bored, and write the game off as too generic without discovering all of the cool stuff that Rift offers once you get past the intro zone.
    Proud member of Unrepentant: The pants-optional Defiant PvE guild on Gnarlwood

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Trojanguy View Post
    First off, you have no idea what TOR is going to be like so it seems silly to bash it.

Second, the first 30 seconds of Rift aren't exactly gripping. Personally, I found the starting zones for both sides kinda ho hum. In fact, my main concern is that people will play to level 5 or 6, get bored, and write the game off as too generic without discovering all of the cool stuff that Rift offers once you get past the intro zone.
    That is what happened to me, I got to level 12 and got bored. Does it seriously get better once you are out of Freemarch or Silverwood?

I've played MMO's for a long time since Dark Sun online, Horizons, & Ultima Online so I have been around a while. I probably spent more time playing EQ than any MMO and to be honest it was the first one I really fell in love with. The biggest beef I had with EQ1 is things became more insane with every expansion and the race for uberness was to consuming. Another thing I hated was the fact that if You wanted good gear You had to be in a uber raid guild and had to spend all Your time raiding to get a few crumbs once or twice a year. The POP expansion really went over the edge with mobs hitting for such insane amounts that soloing was fazed out in favor of huge guilds.....

I mean seriously we are stinking adults here whom might only get to play 3 hours a night without having to make Your families suffer..

Now rift on the other hand has gave the players options especially someone like Me whom can't vege out 24 hours a day. The game has quests with decent awards that the average Joe can enjoy and run. The game also has RIFTS which give the average Joe the since of chaos in a raid without the 6 hour battle to get to the end. I also love the fact that rifts and pvp give points which can be reedemed for nice gear in the future....

This right here has always been my biggest beef with most mmo's because I really didn't enjoy spending all my time playing in huge guilds just to help someone else get gear but to be left out in the long run because I didn't play 24X7...

So as far as I'm concerned I am hooked and will be ordering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
    Can you be more clear in what you are trying to say?
    how more clear do you want it?
    Comfort is a perspective of ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibo
    Haters, go. 3 more weeks for you.
    Dead on.....
    Careful what you wish for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3