+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Community Questions to Trion

Will there be a Guide program in which players can apply to?

In EQ1 and EQ2, and in Vanguard, there were Guide programs where accepted players were allowed access to modified accounts, giving these players lesser GM controls. These players(Guides) would be available to help with lesser problems from player petitions thus freeing up the actual GMs, allowing the GMs to focus on the more difficult problems. Also, these Guides were able to operate various special events for players, enhancing the player's gaming experience.

Any chance of having this type of program in the world of Telara?

Another question: How "Big" will damage and stats be in this game? Will it be as HUGE as it currently is in WoW? Or will it be something similar to RuneScape/Fable 1, where stats are really small and damage output is small. [Compared to WoW] Thus 15,000 units crit in WoW = to 120 units hit in Rift. And bosses will have 3,000 hp instead of 50,000,000 hp
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

What minimum specifications will be required?

I think that glue has wore away! This thread is not sticky anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Macular View Post
    What minimum specifications will be required?
    I believe they said that if your pc is 3 - 4 years old you will have no problems running this game.
    Last edited by Elladar; 06-03-2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Answer to Macular question.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Please follow the link to my sig: Read. Digest. Devs, are you listening? We've left so many games due to the communities going completely pearshaped thanks to the Powers Wot Be only wanting to rake in the cash rather than have a really solid community. How about a bit of support - and not just "We strive to make this game accessible to everyone" bit of "spin".

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Please follow the link to my sig: Read. Digest. Devs, are you listening? We've left so many games due to the communities going completely pearshaped thanks to the Powers Wot Be only wanting to rake in the cash rather than have a really solid community. How about a bit of support - and not just "We strive to make this game accessible to everyone" bit of "spin".
    I think we all have had some great experiences in the past that we'd love to see happen in new games. I just don't think there is a way to force it to happen. Not everyone has the same style of play. There's nothing stopping anyone from starting their own guild and running it the way they want to play, but we can't expect the whole server to conform to what we think is the perfect style.

I have to chuckle when I see people recruiting for their guilds and specifying that they only want adults. People seem to think that the only jerks in the game are under 18. I've met plenty of cool kids that play that are very nice people and most of the jerks that I've met are adults. If you're a jerk when you're a kid you're probably going to be a jerk when you grow up as well.

I get as frustrated as anyone else when I see how selfish people can be in these games, but that's just the way it is. I just try to let the little things go and have fun with the people that enjoy the same things as me.

The age limit honestly has more to do with topics of discussion (and not wanting someone's very angry parents coming down on you like a tonne of bricks) than anything else. No kids are going to want to hear of our trials of dealing with our own children, and we probably don't want to hear about the newest boy-band. And I certainly do NOT want under 18s in a rp guild knowing how some people like to "roleplay" - the connotations there I probably don't need to spell out! So maturity means a lot of different things, and not merely whether or not you think swearing is still really funny. So I'm just fine with 18+ - though that has little to do with the point I was making.

On actual topic: No, sorry, I think that we just have to "deal with it" is rubbish. There is no reason that people on a RP server should be allowed to get away with griefing people. It's not "small stuff" when a bunch of twits keep breaking up your rp and messing with your raids because of your playstyle. When I'm paying for a service, there's no "small stuff". I expect to get my money's worth. I refuse to believe that gaming companies cannot be held accountable to use the money I've paid them to make sure I have as enjoyable game as possible, which means policing their game, not just making promises. We've all gotten to used to just having to use the ignore button and suffering stoically along when our gametime is disrupted. Why so docile?

In short, I want to hear what the Devs have to say on this, not what we've all become accustomed to thanks to rubbish service from other games in the past - because I have played games where the GMs appeared within minutes of a ticket and they kicking a griefer off right in front of my group. What was rather sad at the time was how shocked and impressed I was that he actually did it, when the response was "Of course I did, it's my job "

So my question still stands; are we going to get a bunch of talk yet no action due to wanting to keep subscriptions, or some real action and CSRs who aren't afraid to click the "kick" button when need be?
    Last edited by Tinker; 06-03-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Devs, are you listening?
    Speaking of devs listening I am curious to know if they actually read these forums much. No offense to the community management team but I am talking about the game project managers, designers, artists and programmers now. The reason I ask is because I see many great ideas and discussions here on a daily basis - more so than any other MMO forum I've followed. It would be nice to know some of those posts are being discussed at the Trion offices too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorne View Post
    Speaking of devs listening I am curious to know if they actually read these forums much. No offense to the community management team but I am talking about the game project managers, designers, artists and programmers now. The reason I ask is because I see many great ideas and discussions here on a daily basis - more so than any other MMO forum I've followed. It would be nice to know some of those posts are being discussed at the Trion offices too.
    Agree with you mate. Not only that there are alot of potentially GREAT ideas that a lot of people have came up with, but also with the fact that this community is trying hard to make sure this game does not have possible downturns. [Not sure if I have constructed the last part properly, it was not meant to be offensive in ANY way to the developers!] And I believe community would like to hear from developers, if they bring up any of the ideas at their meeting or group discussions! I spend A LOT of time on the forum, I pretty much can guess when jives, Chris or Abigale come on the forum and I am 100% sure that they read every single thread, and post, however I believe a simple "Yes, we are [reading/discussing these ideas with other developers at meetings/group gatherings]" would put entire community at ease! Plus its always good to see that developers care about their community. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4