+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Community Questions to Trion

1) Housing and Guild Halls - instanced or 'real' (like in Vanguard and SWG)
    2) Combat System - Have you looked at Vanguard, with their 'finishing' chain attacks ?
    3) A Class with Creature Taming Ability ? (like the SWG Creature Handler or WoW Hunter)
    4) Mounts ? Available at low levels ? Quests for special mounts ? Flying mounts ?
    5) How big is the world of Telara ? Telon (Vanguard) is the biggest 'seamless' world I've seen.
    6) Appearance slots ? (see Vanguard - the ability to wear certain clothing for appearance only. Sometimes that new uber-breastplate looks crappy compared to your old one)
    7) Travel - please make travel meaningful at lower levels at least. Porting/instant travel is fine once you've already traveled through an area on foot. The way WoW makes you visit the flight master in a village before you can fly there is fine. Vanguard's original Riftway system was like that too.
    Last edited by Slyde; 05-14-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

I've just got one important question.
    Are you working on a GC trailer? I mean the game-engine one was cool n' all, but GC trailers are... sweet.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

Q1. What has the biggest challenge Trion has faced while developing the game?
    Q2. What has been the most memorable experience so far in developing the game?
    Q3. Can anyone give us a brief description about the various ways we can advance our characters?
    Q4. Will the game have voice-overs and/or cut scenes like AoC and SWTOR?
    Q5. Expanding on desertyeti's question - Will crafted items actually be useful? Also will some be able to complete (stat wise) with items found in dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciovala View Post
    1. Has the dev team been fitted with shock collars?
    LMAO! For those of you who don't know, this was an old insider joke of the Telara Central community way back when Stephen Reid was Community Manager.

I'll keep my questions to two for now.
    1) In scale terms how large and diverse is the world of Telara?
    2) Will the world contain many animated elements? For example, trees and other foliage that sways, fireflies and other ambiance creatures, or fog and other environmental effects rolling past.

1. What methods do you hope to put in place to Protect the game and economy? Meaning, how will you prevent gold sellers, and bots?

2.Will crafted items be useful and desirable?

3.Tell me about your quest system.I heard that you will put the Big Yellow exclamation points on the NPC's Head? What else can you tell me about it? Will it be different, in perhaps another way?

4. Any contests coming up for your fans?

I'd just really like to see the devs introducing themselves and start inteacting with the community. An an official dev tracker would be nice - if and when they actually start interacting with us.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Will the game support DX or OpenGL graphics? Which versions? What is the recommended and minimum graphics card?
    Mac

Default Checking in

Good idea Suthainn!

Just checking in to let y'all know we're here too.

And thanks! Some great questions already, and we're looking forward to passing them along.

Default Dev tracker and devs

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    I'd just really like to see the devs introducing themselves and start inteacting with the community. An an official dev tracker would be nice - if and when they actually start interacting with us.
    Suthainn also started an unofficial Dev tracker, that's here

Devs currently are... well, working on Rift, primarily, and even as hungry as people are for more info, we're wanting to be careful about what gets released when... I think we all want Rift to be awesomely successful, so that means making sure we release info to get the best impact, and too, not saying too much or the wrong thing in the forums or whatever. So yes, we're being cautious at the moment, but we hope you can understand why.

There will be more coming very soon!

best...

Cool, thanks for this update. E3 isnt that far, so its no problem waiting for more information. I'm sure the team knows what is the best for the game.

and btw. best regards to Los Angeles
    Last edited by Osho; 05-15-2010 at 08:13 AM.

I know I keep asking about this suggestion/question but I would like to know if there is any possibility that this may be implemented in RIFT... MANY OF US LIKE THE IDEA..here is the link

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...h-penalty-idea

Main question: Is there fishing in the game? If "Yes" go to point 1, if "No" skip 1 and go to point 2!

1 - How will it work? Will the line snap? Will you need different types of bait for different fish? Will there be a "Gold fish" that grants you a wish (or even 3) once you release it???

2 - Are you thinking of creating fishing skill/profession? If "No" please state why, If "Yes" please go to point 1! ;)
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

One more question/request. Will there be spells like this?

Spell is a buff/debuff (dont know how to categorise it) drops from humanoids/monsters/bosses that come out from the rift (6 different planes therefore 6 different spells [e.g. a scroll with the spell inscribet in it]) random drop rate like 1% or so. This spell can be used only on the person who obtained it, and while spell is used (or like a buff/debuff stays on the player for set/unlimited amount of time [or untill canceled]) The spell has an effect on the surrounding area around the player (2-3 yards radius/diameter of the circle). It works in this manner after standing stationary within set area around the character landscape/weather changes. The more character stays on the same place, the more intence the spell gets. If player moves away the area that has been changed will go back to how it was previously after 15-30 seconds?

Plain of fire spell... makes ground crack, and these cracks fill up with burning lava (does no damage). If player moves earth goes back to its original form (after a while).

Plain of water spell... erm a cloud above the player with rain/snow/hail and maybe few lightning effects

Plain of earth spell... three obelisks grow from within the ground placed at 120 degrees from each other (player is in the center of obeliscs). Obelisks have some strange/elfen/scribbles that glow with red/green/yellow colour. Obeliscs are the size of a player and dont go straight up, but inclined away from the player.

Plain of wind spell... gust of wind carries few leaves around the player in a circle, also moves their hair/cape in wild directions.

Plain of death spell... after some time bones and sculls form on the ground, while a demonic/dark/poisonous aura slowly lifts up (like a smoke) and dissapears in the air.. (height would be about half the size of player)

Plain of life spell... Flowers/small bushes start to grow from the ground surrounding player with a nice flower bed.

P.s. Thanks alot for making this thread sticky!!
    Last edited by Elladar; 05-20-2010 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Thanks for making this sticky!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

It has been mentioned that rifts show up on the map. Do tears also show up on the map?

1. How many classes are you planning on having at launch?

2. Will there be a sub / multi-class system that will allow players to take on traits of more than 1 class?

3. How much end-game content are you looking to have at launch? (hopefully a fair amount)

4. How big is the world going to be at launch? and will it be zoned or seamless?

5. Once the game goes live, how often to you planning on coming out with new content?

Some of these might be tough to answer right now but these are questions i have on my mind....hope i can get some answers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast