+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Gamigo promises "First Great Update for Rift in Q122

Champion of Telara

Default Gamigo promises "First Great Update for Rift in Q122

Page 14 of MGI's Q3 financial report has surprising Rift news:

"For our successful game RIFT, which did not have any updates for a longer period, we will have a first great update also in Q122."

No other details about the update were provided. There is a presentation tomorrow, which may provide more details.

https://mgi-se.com/wp-content/upload...compressed.pdf

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Page 14 of MGI's Q3 financial report has surprising Rift news:

"For our successful game RIFT, which did not have any updates for a longer period, we will have a first great update also in Q1’22."

No other details about the update were provided. There is a presentation tomorrow, which may provide more details.

https://mgi-se.com/wp-content/upload...compressed.pdf
    Gamigo is known for lying or going back on its word. One reason AA Unchained is dead is due to them stating buy once all future content free, then they said nope we are charging $60 for more content. They absolutely killed that game, and the original AA. That being said, the aforementioned game and the publicity of what happened was a lot more popular then some sentence in a long report. Just saying. Id love to see something actually happen, and maybe it will since they've been churning through games left and right, but thats the crux of it all. Actually doing something for its games speed runs that game to its death. People can too easily jump ship to other games nowadays, and Gamigo’s “interest” in a game is purely about profit. Taking some interest in Rift they are more likely to get it killed quicker from their proven track record of destroying actually decently thriving games. On Steam charts Rift has more active players then AA or Unchained, to point. Looking at its history they had a robust 2-3k on steam regularly, now down to like 75-150 regularly. Comments suggest it was Gamigos handling of the game, adding grinds, having to pay for everything just to keep up (sub, battlepasses) and the game became nothing of what it used to be. So, do we actually want Gamigo’s real attention? Thats like asking the guy with the bloodsucking needle to come over to you vs. shutting your mouth, holding your breath and hiding in the corner to live longer since “attention” means rapid bloodsucking.

Last, update is a word, and words are very subjective. Objective is what we want, meaning real updates and love. Subjectively, Gamigo can do whatever they want as piddly as it is and call it major updates. I mean, any update would be major considering there are none. Getting call to action back would be a major update, right? Even though its nothing new, its a update. In the end Im scratching my head laughing because….getting a single dev would be a major update, right? Lol. Silly to talk about updates in a realistic sense when they fired our devs. Weird they would announce this in a report to themselves, but nothing to their leaving playerbase. Makes no sense. Q1 22 is quickly approaching and nada communication. Sounds like a planned project that will most likely never come to fruition, much like most of their shady words. We could ask Vilya, but then again what happened to the last thread where someone asked her something and she actually got on to answer. Oh, thats right. She deleted it.

/sarcasm off.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 11-15-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    One reason AA Unchained is dead is due to them stating buy once all future content free, then they said nope we are charging $60 for more content. They absolutely killed that game, and the original AA.
    AAU is not dead as far as I know. AA is close to dead because most AA players started playing AAU instead.

MGI had a lengthy paragraph about gamigo losing the contract to publish AA and AAU on page 23 of the Q3 report. Gamigo blamed it on XLGames by my reading. Gamigo will suffer a significant drop in revenue starting Q1 2022 when they no longer are publishing AAU.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Last, update is a word, and words are very subjective. Objective is what we want, meaning real updates and love. Subjectively, Gamigo can do whatever they want as piddly as it is and call it major updates. I mean, any update would be major considering there are none.
    The way it is worded, it sounds like gamigo meant that the Q1 2022 Rift update would be the first major update under gamigo. That suggests they consider all previous updates to have been minor including the 6 Battle Passes. Most players would agree that Rift has not yet received a major update under gamigo.

My guess is that gamigo is simply going to implement the big gear grind fest (Planar Incursions) that was on the PTS early in 2021 despite the player base panning it. My hope is that it will be something else such as a new dungeon, raid and questing zone. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Either way. At least it shows gamigo still has at least one developer working on Rift.

Rift Chaser

Either way. At least it shows gamigo still has at least one developer working on Rift.
    And that Rift won't be shutting down for at least a few months! Good news, that.

As to an update, I'll believe it when I see it, and rehashing of old content or battle passes or such doesn't count.

Telaran

why no developers letter to rift players that content is upcoming why so silent on rift forum and not informing remaining players about the fact that they are still working on the game, it make no sense to me.
    that being said the info you brought up is taken from the report usually given to investors, that is why take it with grain of salt. could be only PR talk after they lost AA.
    but we have to wait and see.
    Last edited by nima; 11-16-2021 at 04:25 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by nima View Post
    why no developers letter to rift players that content is upcoming why so silent on rift forum and not informing remaining players about the fact that they are still working on the game, it make no sense to me.
    When news of Rift laying off their last developers leaked in March 2021, Rift officials gave a statement to gaming news websites that Rift development would continue:

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/gamigo-l...ted-2000121286

Quote Originally Posted by nima View Post
    that being said the info you brought up is taken from the report usually given to investors, that is why take it with grain of salt. could be only PR talk after they lost AA.
    but we have to wait and see.
    A company cannot outright lie in an investor report. This announcement is a solid statement of fact without any weasel words, such as "plan to," "hope to," etc.

Gamigo would be in trouble for misleading investors If no Rift update occurs, and it turns out gamigo never planned a Rift update.

Telaran

When news of Rift laying off their last developers leaked in March 2021, Rift officials gave a statement to gaming news websites that Rift development would continue:

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/gamigo-l...ted-2000121286

A company cannot outright lie in an investor report. This announcement is a solid statement of fact without any weasel words, such as "plan to," "hope to," etc.

Gamigo would be in trouble for misleading investors If no Rift update occurs, and it turns out gamigo never planned a Rift update.
    i really really hope you are right and we get something at least half decent as content update in q1 2022.
    i miss rift it would be awesome to come back to rift even for little bit.

Shield of Telara

Promises by Gamigo aren't worth the paper they're written on. They have no devs, nobody that communicates with the player base that's left, and really no idea about the game in general.

New World sucked a lot of players out from Rift. All of my guilds (on NA and EU) are more or less dead. We struggle to fill our raids and many people don't even log on anymore. The player base is very small. They will not be able to recover any money they invest in Rift and I'm afraid that if they try it will be mandatory grinds and pay $$ to bypass or something stupid which will accelerate player loss.

I can't believe that you're still so obsessed with the lies Gamigo tells. Takes a certain kind of gullibility to still fall for it. Good luck to you though, don't take those pink glasses off or reality might intrude.

Rift Disciple

Please read following message in April 2022

"As usual with gamigo, nothing ever came out of that Q1 promise. Told you so "

Telaran

pulling the plug would be hell of an update, everyone is waiting for it anyways

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Promises by Gamigo aren't worth the paper they're written on. They have no devs, nobody that communicates with the player base that's left, and really no idea about the game in general.
    Gamigo still has lots of developers because they have been regularly updating the other MMOs they own, which includes Trove, Last Chaos, Fiesta Online, Wizard101 and Shaiya. The updates are often major updates with things like a new class, new dungeon, new raid, new bosses, new questing area or new levels.

It's one thing to make vague promises to Rift players. It's another to lie to investors in a financial report. The latter is considered a crime, i.e. fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    They will not be able to recover any money they invest in Rift and I'm afraid that if they try it will be mandatory grinds and pay $$ to bypass or something stupid which will accelerate player loss.
    You really don't know if a major update for Rift will be a good investment or not. Gamigo doesn't even know. Gamigo makes some bad investments. They just pulled the plug on Atlas Rogues and Skydome prior to full release.

Rift has always been in the gamigo top ten MMOs, despite no major updates for the 3+ years gamigo has owned Rift. Some gamigo MMOs below their top ten still get major updates. Rift is overdue for a major update. Maybe it will be a disappointment, maybe not.

Yep, I see them 'updating' Rift by changing it to some sort of mobile game. Or at least completely changing the game and then wondering why everyone quit.

Soulwalker

i do hope this isnt a lie. and not just some cashj shop update. depending on what it is it might be worth returning

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valnia View Post
    Yep, I see them 'updating' Rift by changing it to some sort of mobile game. Or at least completely changing the game and then wondering why everyone quit.
    I doubt gamigo would make a mobile version of Rift because it would be expensive and risky. They prefer lower cost options such as licensing existing games. They recently licensed an Asian mobile game, Fantasy Town.

Their financial reports often stress their business plan with their MMOs, i.e.

"Having gamers in a game and subsequently keeping them in the game by adding more content and actively working with the communities, is commercially much more rewarding than launching games on a continuous basis as customer acquisition is difficult and expensive ,,,To ...keep players active, gamigo operates an active community management and adds content on a regular basis. Especially with large updates for its top games, gamigo can extend the lifetime of the MMOs as well as continuously grow the revenues."
    (p.20, Q3 report).

Ascendant

I doubt gamigo would make a mobile version of Rift because it would be expensive and risky. They prefer lower cost options such as licensing existing games. They recently licensed an Asian mobile game, Fantasy Town.

Their financial reports often stress their business plan with their MMOs, i.e.

"Having gamers in a game and subsequently keeping them in the game by adding more content and actively working with the communities, is commercially much more rewarding than launching games on a continuous basis as customer acquisition is difficult and expensive ,,,To ...keep players active, gamigo operates an active community management and adds content on a regular basis. Especially with large updates for its top games, gamigo can extend the lifetime of the MMOs as well as continuously grow the revenues."
    (p.20, Q3 report).
    What they state and what they do to many games seems two different things. Its just pretty writing is all, like a politicians speech you know that they hired some PR person to write flowery language with emphasis statements that indicate we care, as an entity, when in reality its all about the cash flow.

Ive never seen a company so hated and slammed by so many popular game streamers before, to point. Most review games and/or had experience with Gamigo and see how this company somehow spirals a lot of games to death with piss poor customer service (or nonexistent) along the way. Rift is a prime example of their care. Some streamers even have made streams SOLELY on the subject of Gamigo and how horrendous the company is and bad for the gaming community.

Last, if you copy/pasted their own statement, then I have a hard time trusting any official company statement when they dont know to capitalize their own companies name. I never judge us as players I myself dont have time to edit things (especially being on mobile a lot), but an official document? Lol. Guess they fired their editor too to cut costs. Also, 3 years in and that statement is still false..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast