+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Orphiel Farwind still appear in Murkwood Grove?

Prophet of Telara

Default Does Orphiel Farwind still appear in Murkwood Grove?

An old Rift website referring to the Guardian starting zone of Mathosia states,

"In the woods of Bloodmurk Grove, furtively removing a device on a table. He [Orphiel Farwind] warns you to stay away from the device, it is not ready to be tested. When he has left you find a letter on the table from Aedraxis to Orphiel, congratulating him on the design of his latest invention, Ethect, telling him to bring it to him at his camp, and warning him not to leave this letter just lying around for someone to find."

https://legacy.zam.com/wiki/rift_mob:Orphiel_Farwind

Does Farwind still appear there? I know he pops up in a quest after you destroy Ethect in Ascendant Hall, but I cannot find him anywhere in Bloodmurk Grove. I do find a work table there.

Rift Chaser

Yes, he does. I just logged in to confirm.

Not sure offhand, but there's several NPCs in Mathosia that only occasionally show up. There's also sometimes an altar in a specific place, where if you kill the mobs there, you can get the Ethereal Leather Tunic, an item that wasn't available anywhere else in the game, for years, I believe. Also, if you kill those NPCs, you get a specific item, though they weren't anything all that special.
    Last edited by Videssian; 09-02-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    Yes, he does. I just logged in to confirm.
    Thanks for your reply. Was Farwind at the work table in Bloodmurk Grove as in the attachment?

Update: I tried a second character and did get Farwind to appear at the work table in the attached screenshot (waypoint 1171 1064). I have tried dozens of times on my first character without success. It may be that Farwind appears once per character and I was passing through and missed seeing him. Another possibility is that first character is too far along in the questline for Farwind to appear there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does Orphiel Farwind still appear in Murkwood Grove?-murkwoodgroveworktable.jpg  
    Last edited by Zornar; 09-03-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Was Farwind at the work table in Murkwood Grove as in the attachment?

Update: I tried a second character and did get Farwind to appear at the work table in the attached screenshot (waypoint 1171 1064). I have tried dozens of times on my first character without success. It may be that Farwind appears once per character and I was passing through and missed seeing him. Another possibility is that first character is too far along in the questline for Farwind to appear there.
    He appears multiple times, but there is a timer. Same with the other NPCs. I don't think it has anything to do with any questline.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    He appears multiple times, but there is a timer. Same with the other NPCs. I don't think it has anything to do with any questline.

I'll keep checking for Farwind. If he is on a timer, it seems much longer than the 6 rares and various other spawns such as the following:

- Dead Male Villager, Dead Female Villager, Abandoned Safe and Defiant Lockbox in Ardenburgh.
    - Discarded Defiant Junk in Bloodmurk Grove
    - Trapped Citizen, Dead Skeleton and Dead Soldier in Thedeor Fields

and of course Asha Catari in Thedeor Fields never despawns

+ Reply to Thread