+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Xibitz
  • 1 Post By Epicbard

Thread: Azteck's Mount Off Competition!

Default Azteck's Mount Off Competition!

Yes you read that right, I'm going to do what's probably the first time this has been done in Rift!

If this year's Carnival of the Ascended has left you longing for something different, don't fret, you can enter the competition and have a chance to be the very 1st winner of this type of competition, win a REX , 10k Plat and Mount/Wardrobe of your choice off the in-game Store!

How this works: Me along with 19 participants will form a raid and go to a certain location. (I will update it when it's decided) All the contestants will form a circle around Azteck and will have to get on the same exact mount I get on. Guardian or Defiant mounts will not be used to be fair to everyone. Whoever does not have that mount will be eliminated until 2 participants remain. They will have a mount face off against each other to determine the winner. In the event all but one contestants are eliminated, they will be declared the winner. The mounts used in the competition will be from Zone events, CTAs, Raids, Dungeons, World Vendors etc so everybody has a chance. (trying not to use premium ones although anyone can get them from the monthly trove)

This event will be held on
    Saturday, April 17th at 2pm Server time on NA.

Rule: Post your character's name and shard to be added to the list of participants in this thread.
    I will add the list of participants at the bottom of this post.

This event will be Live-streamed at: https://www.twitch.tv/azteck_game

So, you think you have enough mounts? Want to do something different? Just for fun? Show up and you might get lucky!!
    Last edited by Xibitz; 04-10-2021 at 09:52 PM.
    Azteck@Greybriar
    <Infierno>

This event is now postponed since there isnít interest in a mount competition in Rift at this time.
    Last edited by Xibitz; Yesterday at 07:54 AM.
    Azteck@Greybriar
    <Infierno>

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xibitz View Post
    This event is now canceled since there isnít interest in a mount competition in Rift.
    Maybe everyone was just intimidated by your superior mount collection

Soulwalker

Bad News. IĎd loved to see it. Asmongold did it in WoW and this was pretty cool stuff. Maybe problem is, that the forum is not frequented much? You should make a ingame call in Level 70 Channel

Yeah though WoW has millions of players ��

I made this event even easier by not using Premium Mounts but rather ones that anyone can get from doing content ingame. Rift isn’t ready/interested in this type of competition, I think people are scared of being eliminated in the first round too. It’s easier to take a screenshot and post it here than being somewhere ingame at a specific time/date. Worth a try.
    Last edited by Xibitz; Yesterday at 07:06 AM.
    Azteck@Greybriar
    <Infierno>

Quote Originally Posted by Xibitz View Post
    This event is now canceled since there isnít interest in a mount competition in Rift.
    First I want to say I appreciate you and anyone else who holds contests and giveaways for players.

The idea itself sounded pretty good. I myself didn't put my name down due to the RNG (not technically of course but with the same randomness of results) factor.

Say I didn't have the first mount you used, I would be eliminated even if I had every other mount you used afterward.

Also if you're leaving out premium mounts you've gotten rid of many in my stable. I don't do raids or dungeons so if you use those I would be at even more of a disadvantage.

Lastly there are quite a number of mounts that are no longer obtainable (at least reasonably) which wouldn't really be fair to use. Say I mounted my Ember Nebula, sure there are many that have this mount but it hasn't been reasonably obtainable in years. Or instead I mount one of my Conquest mounts which are no longer obtainable. Imagine if you were to lose the final duel to someone using a similar mount.

Ps. You could always just add my name retroactively and default all prizes to me since I'd be the only participant.
    NA Supergirl/SupergLrl @all shards. Powergirl/PowergLrl @all shards. Lamename@Hailol. Dontchaseme@Hailol. Misfortune@Hailol. Anticipation@Hailol. Elseworld's Telara.

Quote Originally Posted by Idsanimmo View Post
    First I want to say I appreciate you and anyone else who holds contests and giveaways for players.

The idea itself sounded pretty good. I myself didn't put my name down due to the RNG (not technically of course but with the same randomness of results) factor.

Say I didn't have the first mount you used, I would be eliminated even if I had every other mount you used afterward.

Also if you're leaving out premium mounts you've gotten rid of many in my stable. I don't do raids or dungeons so if you use those I would be at even more of a disadvantage.

Lastly there are quite a number of mounts that are no longer obtainable (at least reasonably) which wouldn't really be fair to use. Say I mounted my Ember Nebula, sure there are many that have this mount but it hasn't been reasonably obtainable in years. Or instead I mount one of my Conquest mounts which are no longer obtainable. Imagine if you were to lose the final duel to someone using a similar mount.

Ps. You could always just add my name retroactively and default all prizes to me since I'd be the only participant.
    If I defaulted prizes I wouldn't be able to say: No Tricks. No Traps!

Yeah I think only a handful of players have the 225+ mount achievement if we were going to really do it like Asmongold does it in WoW. Currently I don't think we even have 5, let alone 10-19 that have it. The premium mounts I wasn't sure about since this is a Free to Play game and most people I know don't spend irl money, (farm plat for creds etc). So I went for something anyone can get via doing game content. (technically you can get premiuim/rare mounts through Trove of Mounts each month)

All in all it was just for fun. Might transpose this into a wardrobe w/ mount contest. But that will be at a later date, after I do the next that's currently being worked on.
    Azteck@Greybriar
    <Infierno>

Shame really.

But i guess besides the 65HK lifter (conqueror) and the Armored raptor (ember noto & harvest cheevos), there are no mount base models you can't simply get with cash and a click. The earned ones are kind of just reskins of things the wallet otherwise gets already.

So mounts remind people on what went wrong with the game. They did for me.

But heads up we will find ways for you to get your rex under people Az!
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

+ Reply to Thread