• 2 Post By Zornar
  • 1 Post By kuradid
  • 1 Post By derpfx
  • 1 Post By Arthritis
  • 1 Post By Dizbo
  • 1 Post By swordkata

Thread: What I would change in rift if I could

Default What I would change in rift if I could

1. As you move into lower zones for which ever reason, you automatically go to the zone level.

2. On the character screen, you see what professions they have and the date of creation.

3. You can see what is in the various toon banks(same account) without logging into that toon. 13 toon limit per server and looking for a specific item in the various banks takes some time. Or to have stack limits go to 500 or 1000 and have each account share a bank/plat as in GW2.

4. Rent a group of NPC to fill out the dungeon you want to do, it would make a nice plat sink.

5. Get rid of IA of all forms.
    Basna

Going to have to disagree with some of those. One I like IA and two I like being able to manually adjust my level whenever I want so I can pick flowers in peace.
    Last edited by Yinde; 02-16-2021 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBeaver View Post
    1. As you move into lower zones for which ever reason, you automatically go to the zone level.
    SWTOR forced that upon players years ago, lots of people upset about it. Don't know what it's like now, but negative all around back then. I don't want that to happen here!

Not a supporter of this one either.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

1. I would bring back fall damage. I miss fall damage so very much.

2. I would delete Primalist.

3. I would adjust Rogues so that they are not the one button (non-macro) snowflake, carebear, EZ toons that require no effort whatsoever to play that they are.

4. I would fix Mages so that their damage is consistent and consistent across all souls. It is infuriating that mage DPS is all over the place regardless of soul. I get whiplash watching mage damage snap high and low every couple of seconds.

5. I would delete the Starfall Prophecy expansion, the Nightmare Tide expansion and the Storm Legion expansion since all 3 are inconsistent with the base game of Rift.

6. I would develop additional content that expands on Mathosia of original Rift that takes players into each of the 6 planes - the domains of the dragon gods.

7. I would lower the price of REX to $5 and increase the credits received from 1250 to 1500.

8. I would add all of the Battle Passes to the Store to be purchased and completed at anytime but only one can be active at any given time and MUST be completed before another one can be started. No time limit - take as long as you like.

9.I would make Rift buy to play instead of completely free play like it is now. The base game and all additional "packs" would be available at all times for $10 each ($9.99+tax.) Everyone would have to pay $10 just to have access to Rift and once they spend that $10 then the game and all it's content would be 100% free to play like it is now.

10. I would add a few more porticulums in the higher end zones to make getting around quicker and easier than it is now. I love Stillmoor but it's stupid that it still only has just the 2 ports after 10 years. And why is there not a single porticulum out in western Shimmersand where all the major earth rifts spawn? It's just stupid. No wonder no one ever goes out there.

11. I would make Lake Solace into a playable zone.

12. I would make Port Scion the starter area for ALL players. Everyone would spend their first 10 levels in Port Scion learning their toons and getting their introduction to Rift Lore and then they would choose whether to turn Defiant or Guardian, do a short quest chain to solidify that choice and then exit left into Silverwood or right into Freemarch.

13. I would add at least 6 new playable races and not restrict races to factions. Choose any race, play any faction.

14. I would add more options to character creation allowing players to make more adjustments to their character's appearance.

15. I would restrict PvP to level 25. Anyone interested in PvP must be at least level 25 to participate in PvP including open world PvP in the one and only open world PvP zone with PvP rifts, PvP dailies and PvP weeklies. Even if you're above level 25, if you choose to PvP you will be force mentored down to level 25 and ALL of your character's abilities above level 25 will be disabled so long as you're flagged for PvP.

16. I would add a PvP zone.

17. I would make it possible for the winged mounts in Rift to fly in certain specific areas of the game. But ONLY the winged mounts. Not all mounts. And yes, players would be dismounted in flight if they ride their winged mounts outside of the specified areas. With fall damage returned, I expect this to be endless amounts of fun.

18. I would turn Volan into an open world boss that will literally wander from zone to zone until defeated. Yes, even though I would delete Storm Legion I would keep Volan by making Shimmersand his new home.

19. I would make ALL BiS gear obtainable in game without the need to raid. Raiding will get you all of the BiS gear the fastest just like now, but for those players that can't or don't raid they will still have access to obtaining every piece through quests (dailies and/ or weeklies.) It will take considerably longer but eventually players will be able to get each BiS piece.

20. I would adjust the credit prices of everything in the Store to be more uniform and reasonable. Especially artifacts. 24,000 credits for single artifact that can't be found anywhere in the game? Get real. 1600 credits for the last artifact to complete a collection? Pffft! People already want to spend money on Rift - give them a reason. I mean, that's why Rift is still in business, right? To make money? Only someone with more money than sense is going to spend more than $100 on a single artifact. And those people don't play Rift.

I have more but I don't want to hog this thread. LOL!
    Last edited by Arthritis; 02-16-2021 at 02:46 PM.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Sword of Telara

1. Be able to spend credits to double the size of the shard vault.

2. Add improved expansion features to the pre-expansion zones.

For example, starting with Ember Isle, there are crystals or spheres that can be destroyed to give planar charges but they were never added to lower level zones, where the need is greater because characters only have 3 total planar charges.

Once you hit 50, you can expand your planar charges to 12 with Planar Attunement. A lower level character trying to keep a wardstone alive during a Silverwood zone event quickly runs out of planar charges and has no way to regain them unless they close a rift.

Other examples are
    a. Onslaughts
    b. Minion cards sold by faction quartermasters in Plane of Water and Celestial Lands.
    c. Rares appearing on the map in Vostigar Peaks but no other zones.

3. Put maintenance mode announcements on Glyph, and boldly indicate on Glyph when Rift is in maintenance mode.

4. Allow players to summon a group of NPCs to attack a foothold in the Celestial Land zones as can be done in all the other zones. I miss that feature.

5. Lower the level of the rares in the Celestial Land zones to the level of the zone. It never made sense why there are level 70 rares in Scatherran Forest to ambush and kill unsuspecting 65s. When killed, those 70 rares only drop gear the level of the zone so what is the incentive for level 70 players to kill them except for an achievement?

6. Update Planar Attunement. Most of the buffs are insignificant for level 70, and there are no teleports to any of the expansion zones.

7. Revamp Rogue Ranger soul so Ranger dps at level 70 is on par with other Rogue dps souls.

8. Fix all the reported bugs, which are too numerous to mention here.

9. Add at least a few new dimension items to buy with World Event currency for each World Event.

10. Sell more dimension items for void stones or planarite instead of platinum so there is something to spend those currencies on.

11. Add some new rifts with different kinds of monsters. It getting boring killing the same ones over and over for years.

12. Reserve Gloamwood IAs for Autumn Harvest the way Iron Pine Peak IAs are reserved for Fae Yule. They are unsatisfactory the rest of the year because there are no bosses. That means the rewards are much less. In addition, Gloamwood IAs seem to be very frequent.

Rift Disciple

1. Get rid of gamigo

Win

Rift Disciple

I'd add new dungeons, raids and make them scaleable and infinity playable.

I'd also ban Arthritus and Threadsafe .
    Last edited by derpfx; 02-16-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post

5. I would delete the Starfall Prophecy expansion, the Nightmare Tide expansion and the Storm Legion expansion since all 3 are inconsistent with the base game of Rift.

6. I would develop additional content that expands on Mathosia of original Rift that takes players into each of the 6 planes - the domains of the dragon gods.
    Deleting the expansions wouldn't be necessary to accomplish item 6.

Maybe the Ascended don't yet have the technology to invade the 6 planes but found pieces of it in each expansion zone. In the first expansion, the Torvan Hunters discovered how to pull a planar champion into Telara for an ambush.

I could see having Ascended opening rifts into the 6 planes and having to defeat waves of planar defenders. It would be the reverse of rifts as we know them. There could be Ascended footholds in the planar zones, which we already have as Onslaughts in many zones. Parties of ascended invaders could roam a planar zone killing all in their path. There could even be full scale invasions of the planar zones by ascended forces .

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Deleting the expansions wouldn't be necessary to accomplish item 6...
    Rift with the current xpacs equals 30-ish zones. And ALL of the xpac zones are mostly empty because they were designed to be too big with too little content that forces players to run across wide empty swathes in each zone where there is absolutely NOTHING - no quests, no mobs to kill, not a damn thing - just large open spaces designed to make questing and playing take longer so that Trion could artificially inflate their server times to make it SEEM like Rift was more active than it was - is.

Everyone sits in Tempest Bay trolling chat and/ or waiting for an EoA, TDem or IRotP. Sure some players are out gathering mats on the Comet and/ or leveling an alt but adding more zones only adds to one of the main problems Rift has right now - too much space and not enough content or players to fill it.

Deleting all of the xpacs and replacing them with new content that is consistent with the base game opens the game and players to new engagement that I think will keep players interested in actually playing Rift instead of just ticking off a checklist each week like we do now. Granted, there will still be a checklist to tick off after my changes are put into effect but I think it will be more rewarding than what we have now.

One thing that I neglected to mention in my list is that the level cap would be permanently set at level 50, Planar Attunement would be expanded so that each plane has it's own lengthy progression for additional abilities, bonuses and buffs and that XP for each plane of Planar Attunement can only be gained from the matching plane (i.e. XP for the Fire branch of PA can only be gained through activity in the Plane of Fire, Air branch in the Plane of Air, etc.) I imagine that it would take a dedicated player a minimum of four years to completely fill every branch of PA (maybe less); the casual player would most likely never complete all six branches (at least not in four years.)

I know it will never happen. But it is fun to think about it and is far more enjoyable than actually playing Rift. I mostly just play the minions and Calendar now and even that is barely holding my interest. I suspect that after I finish February's Calendar this coming Sunday that I'll quit playing again. No loss either way for me.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    17. I would make it possible for the winged mounts in Rift to fly in certain specific areas of the game. But ONLY the winged mounts. Not all mounts. And yes, players would be dismounted in flight if they ride their winged mounts outside of the specified areas. With fall damage returned, I expect this to be endless amounts of fun.

18. I would turn Volan into an open world boss that will literally wander from zone to zone until defeated. Yes, even though I would delete Storm Legion I would keep Volan by making Shimmersand his new home.
    Arthritis thank you for these gems, I nearly spit out my drink.
    I would like the option of automentored lvl 50, 60 or 65 pvp maps.
    Most of all, I would be glad to see any changes.

I would like a clicky button that lets you choose to always mentor down to a zone. It would be super useful when going through and doing many events. Then be able to turn it off when you are just running through like shinny hunting

account share a bank/plat as in GW2.
    I would love account shared plat, or even the ability to place plat is the shard bank

4. Rent a group of NPC to fill out the dungeon you want to do, it would make a nice plat sink.
    This sounds really interesting especially for lower-level dungeons

I like IAs . However, I do wish we had more dungeon types like a Greenscale

My list of Rift wishes are
    1~ More Call to Action events
    2~New fun holiday quests. Like one per event would be so cool
    3~Interactive dim items. I loved my bear I could sleep on in AA always wanted one here
    4~A holiday that had a ride you could just sit on and ride for fun. Like a merry-go-round or a ferris wheel
    5~New pvp rewards
    6~ Bring back pvp twinks. I know people do not like being ganked by a twink, but at least it would get more people into the lower level warfronts
    Last edited by Kitasia; 02-19-2021 at 05:40 AM.

I think if I could change one thing in Rift it would be to improve server stability. I don't know if the trouble is spaghetti code or a cheap cloud service but man does this game crash a lot.

General of Telara

The ability to swap soulbound items to bound to account. My main is level 70 and has 17 vials of
    soul-bound experience. It would be nice to be able to give them to my lower toons.
    Korvac the conquerer.

+ Reply to Thread