+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 9 Things I Like About Rift

Default 9 Things I Like About Rift

The following are 9 things I like about Rift.

1) It's 100% free to play. Patron IS better but at least I can still play when I can't pay.

2) The Loyalty program (I'm max'd.)

3) The wardrobe system. Specifically that collecting a style on any character unlocks that style for all characters per region.

4) Porticulums. Instant travel will ALWAYS trump being FORCED to spend up to 15 minutes on a stupid bird to get where you want/ need to go.

5) The art/ look of the game. Rift isn't all cartoony like other MMOs nor does it have grotesque representations of characters like MMOs from a certain region of another part of our world.

6) Shard hopping. It's nice to be able to switch to another world when needed to gather resources, complete quests and participate in group activities.

7) Instant Adventures. I truly enjoy being able (when the mood strikes me) to level an alt to 10 and then power leveling it to 65 through Instant Adventures in just a matter of hours.

8) Minions. I think it's great that we have these cards that return valuable items that are not only wanted but needed. (I'm glad I have all 6 slots purchased.)

9) The soul system. I can (and do) have every soul of every calling in Rift. And I can purchase as many role slots as I want to mix and match the different souls in each calling to play around with making the most bizarre soulbuilds that I want whenever I want as often as I want (as long as I have the plat.)

There are more things that I like about Rift but I'm stopping with these 9. Maybe some of you that read this post will want to add 9 things that you like about Rift. It doesn't have to be 9, it could just be 4 or maybe 17. Or some other count. Only you can say.

So, what do you like about Rift?
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Shadowlander

1) The people. most will offer advice to new, help fill that raid, or just have a good time in chat.

2) and ill 2nd the souls. Boy have i come up with interesting builds, (and wipe the raid when they dont work as intended

Quote Originally Posted by Paradax View Post
    ...2) and ill 2nd the souls. Boy have i come up with interesting builds, (and wipe the raid when they dont work as intended
    Or when they DO work as intended. ROFL!
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Sword of Telara

I agree with all 9.

I also like the following:

1. Dimensions, which is the best housing system I've seen in an MMO. It allows for great creativity and also offers practical advantages, such as popping into a dimension from anywhere to access the bank, mailbox and crafting stations and even play Manugo.

2. The 4 major World Events. I always look forward to them, I still remember being impressed when the game first started with Carnival of the Ascended with all the parades each with a big balloon and crowds cheering as the parade passed.

3. The hundreds of companion pets and mounts available to collect.

4. Zone events.

5. Being able to open the store from anywhere and sell your junk items.

6. Not having to worry about fall damage.

7. Not having to worry about drowning in the Plane of Water.

8. Rift doesn't require a top of the line computer.

9. Login is much faster than many MMOs and the launcher remembers your password, unlike some MMOs.

I like the passion everywhere. Like a small town not giving up.
    And while you browse, read and find help - consider leaving a like.
    It doesn't mean anything but to the author.

The Thing What I like About Rift,

W ardrobe System

H ard boss fights ( old ones )

I nternal design ( In game )

T eleportation System

E ndless Eclipse atmosphere ( Raid )

K arma RNG System

N otoritety System

I nfernal Dawn raid also good

G erman Folks in game

H aters

T he game mechanics

S oul System

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

I have to admit between the dimensions, rifts and zone events, the ability to manually adjust your level plus all the stuff to do and collect this game is a fun little sandbox. While I understand museum games aren't for everyone I have to admit I like a game I can pop in and play without the feeling of being behind or having "chores" to do every day.

Ascendant

Nice thread on everything Trion did.

Lets start a thread on 9 things we like that Gamigo did.

I will at least give credit for 3.

1. Fixed ridiculous farseer. Not the way I wanted but its not breaking games anymore.

2. Made inq viable.

3. Fixed serpent strike exploiting.

Thats all Ive got after owning the game (Gamigo) for over 2 years...
    Last edited by Wrastion; 02-11-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    The following are 9 things I like about Rift.

1) It's 100% free to play. Patron IS better but at least I can still play when I can't pay.

2) The Loyalty program (I'm max'd.)

3) The wardrobe system. Specifically that collecting a style on any character unlocks that style for all characters per region.

4) Porticulums. Instant travel will ALWAYS trump being FORCED to spend up to 15 minutes on a stupid bird to get where you want/ need to go.

5) The art/ look of the game. Rift isn't all cartoony like other MMOs nor does it have grotesque representations of characters like MMOs from a certain region of another part of our world.

6) Shard hopping. It's nice to be able to switch to another world when needed to gather resources, complete quests and participate in group activities.

9) The soul system. I can (and do) have every soul of every calling in Rift. And I can purchase as many role slots as I want to mix and match the different souls in each calling to play around with making the most bizarre soulbuilds that I want whenever I want as often as I want (as long as I have the plat.)

There are more things that I like about Rift but I'm stopping with these 9. Maybe some of you that read this post will want to add 9 things that you like about Rift. It doesn't have to be 9, it could just be 4 or maybe 17. Or some other count. Only you can say.

So, what do you like about Rift?
    I 100% agree with those points and can add that I like the chat system: I went to another game and despite its high population it looked dead to me due to the poor chat system where you can interact only with a guild or make your own channel and invite people, well I don't like that. Here it's shard channel, guild, per level range, and customized channel. Which makes the game live and active.
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Plane Walker

I like the Shapers and their theme. That's a cool idea.

I like telling terrible jokes to the rock faces in Ashenfell.

I like the minion card Bitey, because he's named "Bitey."

I like the part in the chronicle "Ceremony of Attunement" when an NPC says, "[Lord|Lady] <name>, you do not stand alone!"

That's pretty much it.

Sword of Telara

I don't have another nine right now but I'll mention one that many players probably never heard of and is an interesting part of the early history of Rift.

I like that Rift and DeviantArt teamed up in 2011 to sponsor a Create a Colossus contest with cash prizes of $1500, $800 and $400 for the top three entries. Winners also got a pen and touch tablet and some other prizes. The goal was to create artwork of a colossus that might emerge from one of the 6 types of rifts.

They got hundreds of entries. The 2nd place winner, a water colossus by Farkwhad, is shown below. The first place winner is missing from the winners page for some reason but was a fire colossus according to the comments.

Winners page
    https://www.deviantart.com/moonbeam1...ners-217179403

2nd place description of concept
    https://www.deviantart.com/farkwhad/...ssus-213012145

25 semi-finalists
    https://www.deviantart.com/danlev/jo...ists-215594919
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9 Things I Like About Rift-water_colossus_by_farkwhad-d3itl81.jpg  

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Hey,

I cleaned up this thread a little. Please keep it on-topic, everybody.

Best wishes,
    Elariok

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    Do you just exist to whine on the forums?
    If you dont like my points you can choose not to debate. Calling it whining when Im calling out glaring issues doesnt make it whining by default. You would have to make a counterpoint to start labeling things, which you have not, at all. You skipped over any conversation to simply insult me. Which of the two of is is more mature and an adult, then?

I presented a debate feel free to counterpoint or simply reply in the same manner and prove my point for me.

Sword of Telara

I did some digging and found the 1st place winner of the 2011 RIFT Create a Colossus contest. It was an Earth Colossus by Chase Stone.

https://www.facebook.com/18248737511...4797567881015/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9 Things I Like About Rift-earthcolossusbychasestone.jpg  

Soulwalker

The UI. This is my favorite ui of all the mmorpg games out there. Crisp, clean, shiny and so rewarding when you accept a quest and/or achieve something and it pops in all its glory

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast