+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Event chat channel

Telaran

Default Event chat channel

Just a quick question:
    Apparently some people can speak on "Events" channel (/5 for me). Some others, including me, can't.
    Anyone knows how it works? Thought it was about being a patron or not, but I won a patron pass during Christmas event and I still cannot use Events.

Side note: I am just trying to understand, not complaining. I actually think noone should be able to talk on this channel.

Soulwalker

If you mean the Crossevents channel, just type in /join crossevents@greybriar in your chat line

@greybrair is not needed ... just type '/join crossevents' in the chat line or if you did that at some point then right-click the chat tab your using and go to settings then channels to make sure that crossevents is checked ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Shadowlander

Probably mentioning the channel literary called "Events" (/5 by default I think). It does seem that some persons manage, sometimes, to speak there for no reason :/

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Amafadya View Post
    Probably mentioning the channel literary called "Events" (/5 by default I think). It does seem that some persons manage, sometimes, to speak there for no reason :/
    I do mean "Events" (/5).

"Crossevents" (/10) is open to everyone I think (at least I've always been able to use it).

The events channel is flagged as a system only channel in the english version of the game.
    If people have the game downloaded in other languages (french and german mainly) then the channel is not properly flagged as system only and they are able to speak in it.
    I agree it is annoying.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    The events channel is flagged as a system only channel in the english version of the game.
    If people have the game downloaded in other languages (french and german mainly) then the channel is not properly flagged as system only and they are able to speak in it.
    I agree it is annoying.
    Brilliant, exactly the explanation I was looking for! Everything is clear now.

As always, Caduto has all the answers!

+ Reply to Thread