• 2 Post By Snugglepuss
  • 4 Post By Ambrodel
  • 3 Post By Wrastion
  • 3 Post By Ambrodel

Thread: The Future of Rift

Default The Future of Rift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTWN1MJjjgs

This is the future of Rift.
    This is why there will NOT be new content for Rift.
    This is where ALL of the money YOU spend on Rift goes.

Watch it as many times as you want.
    But listen and hear what the CEO of MGI - the owner of Gamigo - is actually saying.

If you can make peace with his reality then maybe your time in Rift won't be so upsetting.

I find it telling that he worked in the oil industry. His online bio says he also works in real estate. Are you seeing a clear and unambiguous pattern here?

Maybe give the unpaid interns that slave on Rift a little bit of a break. It's not THEIR fault.

Accountability starts AND stops at the top.

You're welcome.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Plane Touched

That painting in the background is creepy as hell. I can't take my eyes off it. It won't take its eyes off me. Am I going to die in 7 days?

Sword of Telara

In the video, the head of Gamigo/MGI (Media and Games Invest) says that they "focus on sustainable games with loyal user bases." I think most Rift players know that.

He also says "we have many game developers in-house that are improving games that we have."

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post

Maybe give the unpaid interns that slave on Rift a little bit of a break. It's not THEIR fault.
    Doesn't Gamigo deserve some credit too? Without Gamigo buying up a bankrupt Trion Worlds, Rift might have shut down in 2018.

Telaran

rift was long dead without a future before gamigo got it lol

There are tons of Financial reports on their site so you can check those also, this is not something new I was sharing those videos on HOTS discord on monthly basis but no one gives a f, Rift playerbase is very weird they are just imagining stuff thats all basically they do. As I said ''Gamigos'' main concern is always creating or making profit, they dont care about what players are expecting or thinking.

I'm gonna leave here a famous quote from a person I really love ( Brasse ) '' love it or leave it, no one is forcing you to play ''

Maybe one day this community acts right and gamigo realizes about what they are doing wrong.

Also its good to see some peoples are realising what kind of company gamigo is, thats a good sign.

Cheers,

Darkageman Rogue (Zaviel)
    Colossus

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    Doesn't Gamigo deserve some credit too? Without Gamigo buying up a bankrupt Trion Worlds, Rift might have shut down in 2018.
    Correction, Rift WOULD have shut down. However, no, they do not deserve some credit for that. They have repeatedly over the years lied to the players about upcoming content being on the way. It is beyond ridiculous, that you are still defending them and trying to find the tiniest bit of positive things to highlight as if that would make everything they have (not) done alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    As I said ''Gamigos'' main concern is always creating or making profit, they dont care about what players are expecting or thinking.
    As I quoted above Gamigo's focus is on "sustainable games with loyal user bases." To do that they must have some concern about maintaining player loyalty to keep their games profitable for many years.

You certainly see it in their financial reports for many of their other games. For example, the Gamigo 2020 third quarter report noted that Fiesta Online celebrated its 14th birthday with

"sparkling decorations ... many special anniversary quests with birthday themed tasks and ... prizes, adorable birthday balloon pets and more. The overwhelming excitement in the game’s community proved that the game and its loyal community show no signs of slowing down."

Rift turns ten years old this March 1st but inexplicably the Gamigo financial reports rarely mention Rift. I don't know why because there have been new developments in Rift such Battle Pass seasons 3 to 5 in 2020, new rewards for the 4 World Events and, recently, the well-received screenshot contests.

Gamigo does seem to have a different approach to Rift than to many of their other games.

Ascendant

In the video, the head of Gamigo/MGI (Media and Games Invest) says that they "focus on sustainable games with loyal user bases." I think most Rift players know that.

He also says "we have many game developers in-house that are improving games that we have."

Im seeing a barren landscape (i.e. what Gamigo is actively doing for the game). Im not sure what youv’e been seeing.

Words are empty, especially this long in. Havent you noticed Gamigo’s New Year resolution? Go as long as they can without any new patch notes. They are getting worse Zonar....please quit duping yourself and dont support them if you currently do.

Individually I supported this game in the past (before Gamigo) I dont need to thank them for taking over something Ive already invested into and completely ignoring it just so they can attempt to milk me. You literally just thanked them for using you. Hows that survey working out for everyone? Hopefully they send another one out soon to waste more of people’s time.

Gamigo's focus is on "sustainable games with loyal user bases."
    Yes, exactly. People that are willing to spend money no matter what. They do not have to actually DO anything, except "keep the lights on" and the loyal users will keep paying them. THAT is their intention with most of their games. Yes, some games might see some loving, but Rift? After this long? No chance in hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Ascendant

Credit where credit is due. Without Gamigo, most likely there would be no Rift to log in to, and no forums to complain on.

And I think they also did a good job in the way they continued what Trion had started years ago - i.e. investing the least possible amount of time and money while constantly lying to their customers. Or is there any difference between Trion's "highly polished xpac" or" making patrons even better", and Gamigo's "just wait a little more, there are great things to come"? I can't see any.

Rift died years before Gamigo took over. You're all sitting around a dead and rotten horse, pointing at the flies, muttering you rlittle mantra "these damned flies are the source of all evil" over and over. Well, I think everyone needs a hobby. Me, I linger the forums of a dead game, so I guess somehow we're all in the same boat here

+ Reply to Thread