Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Survey winners were all EU players

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    I filled out the survey. I gave brutally honest profanity laced responses in all of the answers that I could, just to be courteous and civil. I wasn't trying to win any prize they were offering. I just wanted to let them know how I really felt and what I genuinely think of what they've done (or haven't done) to this game that I spent thousands and thousands of dollars on. And what they NEED to do if they want ANY more of my money.

I guess my "prize" is that I get to continue to have NO incentive whatsoever to spent ANY real money on Rift. Which is pretty awesome when you think about it.
    Im glad to hear you stopped paying them to do nothing. I gave Trion $$$ when they did stuff. Ive given Gamigo $0.00. To be more clear, Ive spent $$ in the recent past for an older game (DDO) since my friends were playing and they actually have devs. The $ I spent there would have gone to Gamigo, but you dont get something for nothing from me.

If more people stopped paying you would start seeing actual care and suddenly attention to bug fixes, gearing, questline issues, updating souls, etc.., I didnt even mention new content. They just arent doing...anything.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    They just arent doing...anything.
    Hey now. They're rewarding people with mount boxes that don't actually contain mounts. It takes a lot of effort to screw up that badly.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MarginalSteve View Post
    Hey now. They're rewarding people with mount boxes that don't actually contain mounts. It takes a lot of effort to screw up that badly.
    The survey announcement said "3 prizes (1x Power Pack of your choice)" so that's a guaranteed premium mount for most Power Packs plus several other predetermined valuable items depending on the Power Pack.

Most Power Packs sell for $29.99 so that is a much better prize than the one awarded to Rift players for the Gamigo 20th anniversary event.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    The survey announcement said "3 prizes (1x Power Pack of your choice)" so that's a guaranteed premium mount for most Power Packs plus several other predetermined valuable items depending on the Power Pack.

Most Power Packs sell for $29.99 so that is a much better prize than the one awarded to Rift players for the Gamigo 20th anniversary event.
    Read my post about making tens of thousands of dollars by putting out a survey with the sole purpose of spreading false hope and thus continuing to string along players across the breadth of their games to save subs/have those players continue to pay.

I dont think many of you guys truly understand. At its core this is a business, and at that not ran by a moralistic compass. Businesses only have morals and values it deems necessary to thrive in the public eye if it makes them money. Kind of like the one company Russia used to hack in and infiltrate our own government and it took a private security business to tell our own government hey you’ve been hacked. The CEO of that company Russia used saved his company hundreds of millions of dollars by cutting corners, which included their own security. Did he do anything wrong? Nope, not legally. The guy was hailed as successful until this came out, and as far as the business is concerned was successful until public information put a stain on the business. Businesses dont have morals-only the people running them can.

Gamigo promised nothing concerning the survey’s results, nor did they promise to read them. I can tell you this. These kind of practices are common tropes businesses use, purposefully, because legally they arent doing anything wrong. They just know they are playing on the heartstrings of players because it makes them money and they have to do literally nothing to rake it in. Like Ive been saying. Quit paying these people they are just blatantly tricking you all at this point. Why do you think they added rewards to a survey that can only benefit active players? Because they've been so active in forum reading and cant quite get enough feedback? Lol thats a joke they are not active at all. The reward is a scheme to give the appearance of credibility to a ignored survey. By now, after how many years theyve been in business do you really think they dont happen to notice the financial effect of putting out such surveys? Even if, lets say, in the very beginning of the business they put out such a survey for a game with actual intent of making it better the financial teams would have seen a boost and a light switch would have gone on. Some suit would smile and say, “Hey, brilliant plan. Lets put this survey out to all of our games from time to time-space it out-and we will have surges in profit.” He’d be correct.

Summary: Id gladly string along thousands of players making mula real life cash in the process to hand out digital property worth nothing to me. This all probably wont hit home for some until its been over a year of being ignored and you see another survey.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-03-2021 at 01:29 PM.

Sword of Telara

Read my post about making tens of thousands of dollars by putting out a survey with the sole purpose of spreading false hope and thus continuing to string along players across the breadth of their games to save subs/have those players continue to pay.
    That seems very speculative especially since you offer no proof that doing a survey increased Gamigo's income from Rift. I don't know exactly the purpose for the survey. Maybe they were more interested in how many players respond than the exact answers.

I dont think many of you guys truly understand. At its core this is a business
    I think most people understand that Rift is a business. Gamigo puts out quarterly financial reports and has bragged that some of their MMORPGs several years older than Rift are still profitable.

Rift is still in Gamigo's top ten games for revenue so they will probably keep it going for a while longer. Rift's 10th anniversary is coming up this year so maybe there will be something new to mark that occasion. At the very least they could give away the Fabulous Moosedantix mount they never gave away for the Gamigo 20th anniversary celebration.

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

Let's summarize and close this topic with:

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    Random be random
    Greetings,
    Elariok

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2