+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Arthritis
  • 1 Post By Shanoah

Thread: You Are Not Authorized to Play this Game

Default You Are Not Authorized to Play this Game

So, I've received a 7-day ban for supposedly abusing the reporting system. I don't really understand that... over the past few months I may have reported only a few folks for being 'very abusive' towards other players; one I accidentally marked and unblocked.

I guess it has come to this... you should not report anyone for any reason? The old west... a free for all... which, believe it or not... chases other players away.

I spend a decent amount on this game which helps to keep it running. This shouldn't benefit me more... but I certainly should be heard.

Anyhow, I heard they are working to track down some person 'actually' abusing the chat (chat ban) system... I'm assuming I somehow got caught up in this.

Default Review

The sad part is I have to wait-out their review (which could take more than seven days). I wasn't randomly reporting people and not more than a few... More than happy to let a developer post their findings. Guessing I just got flagged? Bottom line... don't report 'anyone'.

This may not be helpful but I will post anyway.

I have a long standing policy of clearing my Ignore List at least once per month if not more often. Most of the time I only ignore folks when they just will not S T F U about politics, illegal drugs and sexual remarks. I just want to play the game and occasionally read other players comments and questions about Rift and the banal details of their lives. I don't have much tolerance for the drama that certain queens insist on bringing to Rift.

So, as I said, I normally clear my Ignore List at least once per month. Because I believe in second chances and, having been guilty of obnoxious political comments myself a time or two, I don't think it's right for me to leave those idiots on my Ignore List forever for something that I have been guilty of, too.

As of right now I only have two players that are permanently on my Ignore List. The child predator that continuously creates new accounts to bypass that bans on his other accounts (why Gamigo doesn't permanently block his IP address is beyond me) and the ******* that thinks violence against women is not only funny but something to be proud of.

Those are the ONLY two players that will forever remain on my Ignore List. Their past comments are unforgiveable in my opinion and they should not only be perma-banned from Rift but arrested and sent to prison in real life forever. Their continued presence in Rift makes me not want to play which is just one of the reasons I haven't played Rift during the past month.

Right now I genuinely have zero interest in playing Rift given how messed up things are. I'll log in for the Calendar and the minions but that's it. I had been considering tossing $100 at the game for credits and a couple of REX. But with the complete lack of oversight to correct the actions of these players I will be spending that $100 on two other games. Neither one owned by Gamigo nor Gamigo's parent company.

Thank you.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Default Thank you

I have to agree. I don't have that many people on ignore and those that I reported were extremely abusive in chat; I could care less about political comments (from either side)... I don't come to Rift to expand my political intellect.

That said, I've contemplated dropping my patron status (which renews soon... but I can't even access my account at the moment to see when). I still enjoy the game... but am bitter that I somehow got picked up on a sweep that was meant to stop others from chat banning folks. Just as bad... Gamigo doesn't seem to follow-up to see that a mistake was made.

Sad thing is this whole thing could have been avoided if we had an active and involved Rift team. It should be pretty obvious who is making legitimate /reports and who is not if the chat logs get sorted properly.

The entire community suffers when offensive/abusive chat is tolerated in open chat channels, and likewise when people abuse the /report(ing) system. I hope things get fairly taken care of quickly.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here again?~

Default Ongoing

I'm still banned from game (have to presume thru next Monday). Kind of upset that I have no real advocate on my side... Customer Service sent an email two days ago that they would look into the issue... I realize there's probably only a few representatives for the entire company so guess I just have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    The sad part is I have to wait-out their review (which could take more than seven days). I wasn't randomly reporting people and not more than a few... More than happy to let a developer post their findings. Guessing I just got flagged? Bottom line... don't report 'anyone'.
    You should report people who are abusive in chat the way i see it.
    I don't know exactly how you reported them, or if you spam reported them?
    I am pretty sure the devs and CS can look into who is reporting and how often!

I have suggested a few ideas to both the CMs and CS people that could imo potentially fix this issue once and for all.

My advise in general is when using the report function, take a screenshot of what was said and use the ? > Contact GM > then fill out the form. The CMs should be the ones chat banning people, not us players. There should also be a Cooldown on the /report feature. Those are hopefully some mechanisms to resolve this.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Soulwalker

You should def report people who are abusive, but if you are doing so while someone else is abusing the system, it's very easy for an innocent to be caught up in things too. it's not a perfect system sadly.

It's disappointing that they did not reverse your ban. I'm pretty confident you used it appropriately.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty

Default Thank You

Not much I can do... they've determined (through supposed 'thorough review') that my ban stays in place. At least it is only through Monday. I'm having mixed feelings... the irony is that my account is banned so I cannot see when my patron time renews (Murphy's law would have it renew while I cannot access it). I was thinking about getting back to WoW for a while.

Anyhow, here's the final reply:

"This matter has been thoroughly reviewed, and the appropriate action was taken. It is our duty to protect our community, and to also ensure that players respect our system, regardless of their in-game status.

Please note that the in-game chat report system, was put in place for players to report profanities, and should not be used in cases where one feels that a player is writing too much in the in-game chat.

We urge players to understand the difference between spams in the in-game chat, and just a bunch of players speaking to each other."

I was only reporting a 'few' players that were being abusive towards others. Not many and not folks just spamming. Moral of the story is to take screenshots (though I don't know how that would help either... seems they made their decision and stuck to it).

Interesting, since they state this: https://support.gamigo.com/hc/en-us/...e-Spam-in-RIFT "

In-Game Spam in RIFT

Spam can show up in a few different forms.

If you see chat spam, right-click on the player's name as select "Report as Spam". This will ignore the player and flag them as a spammer for our In-Game Support Team to investigate further. If you report the wrong player, you can reverse this by accessing your Social Tab (Hit 'O') and removing them from your Ignore list."

So, even if you were reporting someone for someone writing to much, which i'm sure you weren't, they have encouraged players to use the tool in the past to report it. so much has changed!!!
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty

Default Confused

Yeh, I didn't catch that but makes me even more curious. I honestly don't think they bothered to look at my appeal. I reported a very few folks for being abusive. So, technically... as they insinuate I was reporting spam... I wasn't breaking the rules there either. It's just frustrating and goes to show they don't likely even play the game.

as i said somewhere else, they dont even need the report feature, all you need is ignore ... if everyone is ignoring an *** then they will go away cuz no one is listing to them ... just disable report and let CS take care of complaints.
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

+ Reply to Thread