Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: chat ban spam still going on

Telaran

Default chat ban spam still going on

i wonder if gamigo is ever going to fix it?

Gamigo: While looking at a cell phone screen with a zoned out stare, raises head with a bewildered look and says "uhhh... what?"
    NQ - Foo

Ascendant

Copy/pasted from another thread since its pertinent to this thread!

Runs over to Elariok. “OMG Riok, have you seen this thread!”
    Elariok:“Whose Riok?”
    “You...it’s the nickname I gave you.”
    Elariok: “Ahem, well, I’ll assign it to someone just as soon as we are freed up from investigating the chat banning issue.”
    “Oh great thanks so sooo much Riok.”Runs to grab some popcorn.
    Elariok: Leaning over in his swivel chair, pausing Trove. “Coffeeboy, whats the status of that chat ban thing they kept bothering me about on discord?”
    Coffeeboy: “The players solved it before we could sir.”
    Elariok: Nodding several times. “Good...good. So that means our one, highest priority slot is now open?”
    Coffeeboy: “Yes sir.”
    Elariok: “Im assigning this to you. Check out this thread, immediately. Investigate it. I want to know everything, and I do mean everything. This stinks of Drama, and we all know here at Gamigo-all two of us-That I love drama. After all, I was second pick for playing Corky in our High Schools play about Life Goes On.” Lifting his arm Riok shakes his fist at the ceiling which is leaking slowly since maintenance was laid off due to budget cuts. “Damn you Peter Swanson! Damn you for having Downs Syndrome!”
    Coffeeboy: “But...sir. I have to make your morning coffee still. Do you want me to start now, or...”
    Elariok: looks up at the dripping ceiling, then down to his mug. Lifting it up he takes the last sip.”I did say it was high priority, did I not?”
    Coffeeboy: “Sir, yes you did.”
    Elariok: “And did you take care of the bugs yet?”
    Coffeeboy: “Sir yes I did. I bought some Raid and ant poison.”
    Elariok: “The balancing issues?”
    Coffeeboy: “I purchased some scales at a garage sale the other day.”
    Elariok: Nodding sagely. ”Good. My trust in you wasn’t misplaced. Now.” Setting the mug down. ”Get me some coffee. The thread can wait a couple more months. We can’t ignore priorities my boy.”
    Coffeeboy: ”And what will you be working on Sir?”
    Elariok: ”I’m working on the development section.” Riok casually plugs in store sales announcements into his dev section. For a moment he scrolls to past posts where actual development notes were placed, then chuckles. After a few more sales notes consisting of one sentence and a link, Riok flips Trove back on. Today was a good day. A whole months worth of work got done, and the lazy Coffeeboy was assigned a task that should last at least a couple of months. Yes, today was perfect.

*Actual names and people were changed to protect the identity of individuals.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 11-06-2020 at 10:10 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    schnipsen (snip in german)
    I'm glad people are starting to get it

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglepuss View Post
    i wonder if gamigo is ever going to fix it?
    I hope so. I made it almost a full day in game until the pinhead got me tonight.

Rift Disciple

<<removed>>
    Last edited by derpfx; 11-08-2020 at 09:25 AM. Reason: I probably shouldn't stoke this fire as ironic as it is

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    I hope so. I made it almost a full day in game until the pinhead got me tonight.
    I've been gone for the past month and missed out on this chat banning. Who are the players doing it? Please send me a PM here on the Forums with their names if you would since public "naming" would be troublesome.

Thank you.
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    I've been gone for the past month and missed out on this chat banning. Who are the players doing it? Please send me a PM here on the Forums with their names if you would since public "naming" would be troublesome.

Thank you.
    The forums are by and large not moderated. Im surprised no one hasnt just flat out named them here yet.

This is like a freeway with a 65 mph sign posted, but zilch Police. I cant even get an infraction despite trying my best. Its been months now since I stopped caring about tos. At this point it would be ironic to do anything to me because everything else (all the good reports, bugs, broken questlines, etc..,) have been completely ignored.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 11-08-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Default Chat Ban

I think I somehow got caught up in some sort of chat ban abuse witch hunt. I've been banned for seven days. I have not abused the system (created a post 'You are not authorized to play this game'). So, great... they're looking for folks that are abusing the system... but seems not so great as now they're banning anyone that reported folks for any reason.

Telaran

well, its still happening on a daily basis.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    Meatmessiah 25/10/2020
    dude you character name is basically asking to be reported, you have no one to blame for any bans you pick up but yopurself

Maybe your name is the one that's actually offensive? I didn't pick up any ban, warning or anything btw... you wrongly accused me of being behind the chat bans and got me booted from multiple DRR groups. Apology now?

Quote Originally Posted by derpfx View Post
    you wrongly accused me of being behind the chat bans and got me booted from multiple DRR groups. Apology now?
    No, not gonna happen. I've removed you from a total of 1 DRR, because you rage quit the previous one and told off the person organizing it. Any others you've been booted from have nothing to do with me.

When you message someone that you're going to "silence" me and 30 seconds later I'm chat banned, that's all the evidence I need. Just because the GMs didn't catch you doesn't mean you're innocent.

For what it's worth I don't believe you're the main report griefer. But you've either done it to me or had it done to me at least once.

Quite frankly the dumbest **** i've ever read and just proves how stupid you are. Even more than wanting someone to be banned for their choice of name... whilst being called the ever so serious "deathbybacon". Ridiculous. I probably suffered more chat bans than you and they were caused BY you (and your guild) - Yet i'm guilty and you're the innocent one.
    First, you should not be naming and shaming in the Rift community. ALso, there is NO need to drag Death's guild into this at all. They have nothing to do with this. There are people reporting this issue, not guilds.

Second, This is a systemic problem and major loophole that Gamigo needs to fix.

There is really only one person who was reported to Gamigo, and everyone knows who that is (remaining nameless here). That person was banned and admitted to it.

The main thing is to fix the problem now and to try to get these abusers who are actually doing the /report and abusing the system, removed from the game, and also having Gamigo try to fix the /report system so it is better maintained.

Deathbybacon is a good person and runs a lot of raids and if someone kicks you from a DRR, so be it. That doesn't need to be brought up here. Lets stay on topic and fix this problem. Report people using the proper means. Send messages to CS and the CM's.

FYI: All his toon names are named after meats like pork and bacon, so keep that part civil as well!

Thanks!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

It's weird that my chat bans only started after this guy had his hissy fit because I left a DRR. Also, as they also pointed out themselves, they are not named after meats and "flyingdeathweasel" was "naming and shaming" me IN GAME with no proof I'd actually done anything. I don't give an actual crap about mrbacon and his terrible guildies.. I also do not want anything to do with them, but I can assure you that just as he accused me of chat banning him (which you know, is proven now I never actually did) - I am very certain he got his guild to mass report me, as nobody else in game had any issue with me. What's more hilarious, it's only because he's a massive harry potter fan he has an issue with me in the first place. Sad.

Deathbybacon isn't a good person, they're a petty person and have a very narrow mind. You're welcome to your opinion on them, but I very much doubt you know them enough or as much as anyone else in Rift to form an opinion with more weight than mine, so there ya go.
    Sigh, I tried to make this easy for you, but once again you seem to be naming and shaming people in this forum. I believe they will eventually lock this thread because of these types of comments.

The goal here is to fix this chat-banning function and not to name and shame. Just my 2 copper!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    Sigh, I tried to make this easy for you, but once again you seem to be naming and shaming people in this forum. I believe they will eventually lock this thread because of these types of comments.

The goal here is to fix this chat-banning function and not to name and shame. Just my 2 copper!
    They're literally in the same thread arguing their side. I haven't named anyone who isn't already named by their own post in this thread.

Also, according to cross events chat bans are still happening, so it hasn't been fixed. Here I was assuming Gamigos idea of a "fix" was just entirely disabling the thing.
    Last edited by derpfx; 11-11-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast