Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree27Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How does your Chat Ban work?

I don't really know how or what/who system triggers the ban in the first place. I assume it is just an automated system response to multiple reports from right-clicking a name in chat and reporting, if that is indeed the case if I was gamigo, I would disable that particular system to prevent further abuse. seriously gamigo you really can't afford to piss off the few long-time players that are actually helping new players in-game. just disable the system and let customer support handle complaints of chat issues on an 'as per' bases provided that they have proof of screenshots of what ever they complain about ... most of us are adults in chat killing time for one reason or another, we don't need an automated ban system in place defending us. I know your trying to automate most things in rift so to reduce the manpower needed to run game but some things just can't be automated cuz it will only get abused ...
    ->Lyie@hailol ->Morelyes@wolfsbane ->Sourdiesel@wolfsbane ->Morrely@faeblight
    -> for free Vox mount, get any toon in trove to level 20 ...
    -> other stuff -- https://www.freegamekeys.com/rift/ and https://na.alienwarearena.com
    >>>>>> Make Rift Great Again <<<<<<

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin666 View Post
    I don't really know how or what/who system triggers the ban in the first place. I assume it is just an automated system response to multiple reports from right-clicking a name in chat and reporting, if that is indeed the case if I was gamigo, I would disable that particular system to prevent further abuse. seriously gamigo you really can't afford to piss off the few long-time players that are actually helping new players in-game. just disable the system and let customer support handle complaints of chat issues on an 'as per' bases provided that they have proof of screenshots of what ever they complain about ... most of us are adults in chat killing time for one reason or another, we don't need an automated ban system in place defending us. I know your trying to automate most things in rift so to reduce the manpower needed to run game but some things just can't be automated cuz it will only get abused ...
    Your solution wont work. The same CS that doesnt exist to even read or respond to this problem is the same nonexistent CS who would handle individual complaints. You cant make lemonade out of lemons if you dont have lemons either.

From what I've read the only way to actually (possibly) get any response is to bother them directly on discord. The forums arent read or moderated. Im living proof-Iíve violated forum tos numerous times and nothing gets done about it. I could probably start a thread with as many swear words as we could come up with, with pages of participators helping, and the post would stand. Or salacious detailed stories with several links to questionable sites-you take your pick.

Soulwalker

Default What Exactly Is Going On Here?

How exactly is this happening? Did they hack the system, or is a bot that's doing it? I keep hearing, well....reading....but...semantics.....about people getting banned for nothing, but that doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastman View Post
    How exactly is this happening? Did they hack the system, or is a bot that's doing it? I keep hearing, well....reading....but...semantics.....about people getting banned for nothing, but that doesn't seem right.
    Someone is abusing the /reporting system and spamming it or doing it with their ALT accounts. Apparently the chat ban is automated and not controlled via GM's from the game. So, for example, one day, I was in a DRR and (that person) entered the raid and i was chat banned within 1 min of them joining. I didn't say a single word in any chat channel all day. So, yea, it is being abused or exploited somehow.

Several of us have reported it numerous times now in hopes they will fix it. SO yea, its real and its a MAJOR PROBLEM that must be addressed/fixed.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Soulwalker

Default third chat ban in 3 days

third chat ban in 3 days and its getting sad real sad that this person has no life but being this pathetic. my response by a Claire, was to screenshot where i was being verbally harassed. my first ticket i told them i was answering a question in 1-29 to some new players asking a dim question, so yes i guess i need to do gamigos job for them and screenshot any comment i may make in response to anyones question as i am obviously the real culprit here. so yes 6 years without a chatban means i am paying for patron monthly and buying credits for items to watch their chat channels for them as they can't seem to do it themselves. Maybe i should just stop paying patron and pay myself to monitor chat for them.
    Last edited by kiolin; 10-28-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    hope you guys realise they will never see this or do anything about it when posted here, they only want to use the Gamigo Rift Discord as if that were realistic
    Gamigo doesn't even have their own Rift Discord, they just use the Heroes of Telara one. I'm only posting here to bring more attention to the issue with the players that use this forum. I've contacted the Gamigo reps on discord and also submitted a couple of tickets. I'd encourage others to do the same, more voices make it more likely that Gamigo will act on the issue. When people like Kio, Jungle, and Amafadya are getting repeatedly muted it deprives the Rift community of some very helpful people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I could probably start a thread with as many swear words as we could come up with, with pages of participators helping, and the post would stand. Or salacious detailed stories with several links to questionable sites-you take your pick.
    LOL this might be the last bastion of free speech on the interwebz.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Soulwalker

Default Sucks

It's not the same without people that enjoy playing taking the lead in organizing groups and raids. Hope it gets figured out soon.

Soulwalker

Default it only works if you abuse it

After sending in screenshots and information about my own chat bans as of late i was given the reply that i need to review the TOS guildelines. So saying "the great Bandemic of 2020" in chat is a TOS issue. I may not have the best track record with some of you, yes ive deserved some chat bans, but the ones recently in the past two weeks are uncalled for. The fact that its happening to many players should be alarming. if the reaction from CS is to blame the person being harrassed as they did me and to Kio as she stated in her post above , then it shows they arent willing to look into the issue. If they choose to let a few abusers of a broken report system dictate who plays the game then there wont be many of us left. Allowing someone to unignore a person just to report them again after their chat ban is over is a very poor design system. The report feature should be a one time thing per person. If i report Joe@wolfsbane for saying someting so offensive i feel the need to report it, why would i take him off ignore later to see what he says again? You need to fix this issues soon before you lose the last handful of loyal players you have remaining. Ive done all i can do at this point but i fear its all for nothing.

Rift Disciple

Lack of any control over this problem has made it so bad that now we have multiple low-level players, most likely all the same player, threatening people in chat with being banned. He/she tells people they can't talk or they'll "see what happens" and claims "You're free from chat bans if you are not Ama". Ama is one of the victims of this creep's abuse of the chat reporting system. Something needs to be done. Either get some staff to monitor chat or change the system so screen shots must be provided as proof before someone gets banned from chat.
    Last edited by arachyd; 10-30-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arachyd View Post
    Lack of any control over this problem has made it so bad that now we have multiple low-level players, most likely all the same player, threatening people in chat with being banned. He/she tells people they can't talk or they'll "see what happens" and claims "You're free from chat bans if you are not Ama". Ama is one of the victims of this creep's abuse of the chat reporting system. Something needs to be done. Either get some staff to monitor chat or change the system so screen shots must be provided as proof before someone gets banned from chat.
    Yep, this happened all day long today. The level 1, 4, 3 who was the same person (admitted so in fact) continued to say he would silence them forever if they didn't apologize or something. This really has gotten out of hand.

The good news. Several of us have been in close contact with Mobi (he does seem to care and is trying to help). CS has also been notified with numerous reports. I really hope they actually take action here.

I keep hoping like arachyd suggested, that they change the chat-ban system from an automated ban to something the GM's must hand out. Even if chat gets slightly abused, at least we can /ignore that person and report them. Something has to be done, and quickly, since a lot of people who run the raids are not even allowed to talk now in Crossevents for most of the day.
    Last edited by Onebutton; 10-30-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Soulwalker

Default customer service is a joke

Got another chat ban just now for telling people about bags in chat. So glad they are working hard to resolve this issue. And Leocadia im already working on that since Gamigo wont do anything.
    Last edited by Hugolf; 10-31-2020 at 07:45 AM.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #28

Hi,

the ongoing situation in regards to chat bans is categorized as very high priority for us right now.

We are going to let you know, as soon as we have more information about this issue.

However, please be assured that abusing the system will have consequences.

Best wishes,
    Elariok

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2