+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ambrodel
  • 1 Post By Ambrodel
  • 1 Post By Ambrodel

Thread: "Awesome experience boost"

Default "Awesome experience boost"

Oh joy. 20 years of Gamigo, that requires a celebration of some sorts. Of course, we have to pay for it too, but still, celebrations all around. Even in Rift. So take a look at this newsitem:

https://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/...l-october-8th/

I'll quote a bit of it here too, for convenience:
    Honor this remarkable moment and gain an awesome experience boost. Maybe it is time to level a new or existing character? Go for it!
    What does this mean? To me, it means YAY, BONUS XP, I WILL LEVEL FASTER, WHOOOOO

But then I log in. And see this:

Okay, what's the problem, Ambrodel? I'll tell you, Gamigo. I looked at that for 1 second and closed the game again. Look closer:

And closer.......

Aaaaaaaaaaand closer...........!

KILL XP IS ALMOST WORTHLESS IN 90% OF THE LEVELING EXPERIENCE!
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 10-02-2020 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

KILL XP IS ALMOST WORTHLESS IN 90% OF THE LEVELING EXPERIENCE!

That is highly misleading. Where do you get 90%?

Kill XP is almost 100% of power leveling experience gain.

Kill XP is a high percentage of experience gain from completing some BP quests, such as closing 5 rifts that grant experience. You can get some non-kill experience if you pick up the close 2 rifts in the zone and kill X planar invaders daily quests but the majority is from kills.

A BP quest such as close 25 death footholds is almost all kill xp.

Kill XP is also a very high percentage of experience gain when a low level character does Instant Adventures.in high level zones, such as Brevane/Duskan zones, Goboro Reef and Tarken Glacier. The non-adventure kills in those zones give huge chunks of experience to a low level character.

Twenty percent is not the greatest but they obviously did that because it is the 20th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    That is highly misleading. Where do you get 90%?
    Pulled exact number straight out of my rear end, but it's not entirely wrong.

Kill XP is almost 100% of power leveling experience gain.
    Really? I doubt that. Quest XP fills more in my world.

Kill XP is a high percentage of experience gain from completing some BP quests, such as closing 5 rifts that grant experience. You can get some non-kill experience if you pick up the close 2 rifts in the zone and kill X planar invaders daily quests but the majority is from kills.
    I think you're confusing kill XP with "completion of objective" XP. Please don't do that. Kill XP is from Kills, not quests, objectives or exploring.

A BP quest such as close 25 death footholds is almost all kill xp.
    Of course, because the BP quest itself doesn't give your character XP. But this is about the leveling experience, not the Battle Pass.

Kill XP is also a very high percentage of experience gain when a low level character does Instant Adventures.in high level zones, such as Brevane/Duskan zones, Goboro Reef and Tarken Glacier. The non-adventure kills in those zones give huge chunks of experience to a low level character.
    I pulled my 56 mage out for this one. Lowlevel, no, but irrelevant. Kill XP was in the 300-600 range per mob. Completion XP around 15k. Random Storyline quest taken in Seratos (53) gives 121k. To level from 56 to 57 I need just under 4 million. Assuming 600 per mob, that's over 6.5k kills for this level. 266 Completions. Or 33 quests.
    Obviously, the lower the level, the more of a gain you get from kills. No discussion there. My level 1 needs 1321 XP to level 2. First quest gives 450, the next 900 and the first kills give 100. That's 2 quests or 14 kills, much better ratio. Again, obviously. But when you reach the higher levels, Kill XP becomes meaningless. You don't move your XP bar from Kill XP. You move it from completing quests.

Twenty percent is not the greatest but they obviously did that because it is the 20th anniversary.
    I don't care about the percentage. It's the type. Kill XP is meaningless in the majority of the leveling experience, which is what they promote with this. Can I feel a difference on my level 1? Hell yes. Can I feel a difference on my level 56? No. What about the people working their way through Vostigar Peaks, trying to reach that final ding? They don't give a damn about kill XP. They need hundreds of millions of XP and they get, what, 2-3 thousands more per kill?
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 10-02-2020 at 10:12 AM.
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are

Plane Walker

Pulled exact number straight out of my rear end.

Figured.

Of course, because the BP quest itself doesn't give your character XP. But this is about the leveling experience, not the Battle Pass.
    I let my leveling characters do Battle Pass quests that involve killing so they can gain experience. BP is part of their leveling experience.

Next time I get a low level character in the Tarken Glacier IAs, I will write down some numbers. Boosted to level 65, a low level character can get very high experience gains from killing the non-quest monsters. much more than from completing the IA missions.

Summerfest used to have special IAs in Tarken and Goboro, and my characters leveled very fast there. Too bad they removed them.

Twenty percent experience gain from kills is not great but it can be worthwhile. There are many ways to level. Some involve more monster kills than others.

Boosted to level 65, a low level character can get very high experience gains from killing the non-quest monsters. much more than from completing the IA missions.
    For comparison, drag out higher-level characters too.

Rift Disciple

For comparison, drag out higher-level characters too.
    You are arguing with gamigo employee about if gamigos released "content" was good or not.

You are not very smart, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by kuradid View Post
    You are not very smart, are you?
    You're the one participating in a thread only to throw personal insults around. What does that say about you?

Plane Walker

I just had a level 46 character go to Goboro Reef in IAs where he was boosted to level 61.

Killing the IA quest mobs gave only 48 xp and completing the quest gave 2771 xp. Killing nearby nonquest mobs of level 60 gave 895 xp each so killing 3 of the nonquest mobs meant the kill xp was over half the total xp.

par for the course.

it's always kills only, and the announcement never specifies that

and people bring it up and it doesn't change for next time.

Shadowlander

20% is 20%!

+ Reply to Thread