• 2 Post By Onebutton
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12
  • 2 Post By Onebutton
  • 2 Post By Onebutton
  • 1 Post By deathbybacon
  • 2 Post By Onebutton
  • 1 Post By Holyroller12
  • 1 Post By deathbybacon

Thread: DRR Lures - time for a reduction in cost?

Default DRR Lures - time for a reduction in cost?

Hey all,

I think, and i am sure a lot of others feel that price of buying a DRR lure is a bit too expensive. Any chance after so much time for a reduction in the cost of the Egg/Iron/Decay lures?

They currently are at 200 intel and 30k Planarite.

Can we perhaps reduce that buy 1/2?

thoughts?
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

I don't really see the benefit to a cost reduction considering there's not much else to spend planarite on and you can easily farm planarite through various methods. I've been hosting a full 20 iron legion farm every week since January and getting lures even from new 70s isn't all that difficult. I think the bigger issue is forcing people to use Individual reward charges in order to have a chance at getting essences past the first raid rift is a much bigger issue. Especially considering how much RNG is involved with the stat rolls you get on essences.

A separate, but important conversation though.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

I disagree @Holy through experience. Since not much content is new lately, a lot of people are running a lot of DRR's on alts, and in most groups, it is now very easy to get all the lures quickly, sometimes we have to wait until the very end, due to alt runs.

Most of the time people are out of planarite and most people don't want to run NMR, etc on each toon, and it is a pain sometimes.

I think it should be lowered to encourage more runs to fill quicker.

I do agree though on getting a change in the system for better drops, most notably the greaters, and especially the tanking greaters !
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    ...and especially the tanking greaters !
    There are tanking greaters???
    "In the MMO Rift, the players are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The Defiants who travelled back in time and The Guardians who are The Vigil's Chosen. These are their stories." <Dun! Dun!>

Quote Originally Posted by Arthritis View Post
    There are tanking greaters???
    There is writing on the bathroom walls and tenement halls that they exist !

I disagree @Holy through experience. Since not much content is new lately, a lot of people are running a lot of DRR's on alts, and in most groups, it is now very easy to get all the lures quickly, sometimes we have to wait until the very end, due to alt runs.
    I'm assuming you meant it's "not easy", but I've been seeing people running DRR groups everyday. There's also not much of a reason to run them more than that outside of the daily I guess. Essence wise there aren't higher percentages for specific drops for any one raid rift. They all drop the exact same stuff with the only difference being the element which is irrelevant. You're better off doing a full 20 run if your goal is to farm essences which is specifically why I do them, but only once a week for my own sanity.

Most of the time people are out of planarite and most people don't want to run NMR, etc on each toon, and it is a pain sometimes.
    PTW onslaughts give you a ton of planarite and can be soloed. If you run a full 20 lure group then you have enough passive planarite to buy another lure for the next run. Daily raid rifts in and of themselves shouldn't be an issue considering it only takes 3 of the 20 people doing them to provide a lure. Again, It would be a nice convenience, but I don't think it's high up there on the priority list.

In general, Essences should've been handled the same way as Storm Legion. Grind the rep on one character, farm the currency and buy essences that you actually want for your main and all of your alts. The Nightmare Tide Achievemen based essence unlocks were terrible and most people opted for PvP which were BIS for dps anyway.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 08-16-2020 at 09:06 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

I think they should be reduced. Like i said via experience.
    People do them for all sorts of reasons, and its nice to be able to get lures quicker when filling up a DRR, not waiting till the end hoping someone has enough planarite to buy it!

We can disagree. its cool.

It would be really nice if Gamigo would reduce the cost of DRR lures. 30K planarite is a sizeable amount, considering the cap is only 200k. I'd be able to buy lures a lot more if they were cheaper or if the cap were raised/lifted.

I run these almost every day fyi.
    Tonight we only had two people who could afford a lure, so we had to wait for the last person to get the Iron Legion lure.

That should tell you something?

A lot of people use up their planarite by buying the caches so they can upgrade stuff as well.
    A lot of people have many alts as well, so its not so easy farming for all the alts. This is why I think its a good idea, but that is just my opinion and i know 20 people just tonight who would prob agree

I do agree however that running a large group of 20 people using the Iron Legion lure (like you do each week) and like I use to do a year ago or so, is a great way to get essences, much better in fact than just doing the weekly quest.

But it is what is it. And a lot of people like to do the two runs for their weekly and seem to be out of planarite quite a bit. This is why i suggested it in the first place.

We both have good points!

what time of the day are you running them?
    I think the lures should've just been BoA to begin with and or have the planarite cap increased which people have been asking for since vanilla.

Currently sitting in a DRR raid at 18/20 looking for 2 with lures because no one has enough planarite. Arg.

The cost is not much at all, I keep at least 2 of each on my main. I use to think I needed to hoard the planarite too. I have over 150 attuners in the bank and still buy more because I reached my limit. Many people have too many attuners and will buy more as they hit their limit. Unless you are on an alt(s) that you are gearing, you can buy one once in a while.
    Basna

Quote Originally Posted by deathbybacon View Post
    Currently sitting in a DRR raid at 18/20 looking for 2 with lures because no one has enough planarite. Arg.
    What is stopping those 18 people from going and farming some planarite for 20mins in PTW or at an NMR?

people wanting to be carried is your issue, not the cost of DRR lures, which were already reduced from release.

I'm torn for the cost as for me personally it's no hardship since I reach planarite maxed easily. BUT I do see ddrs asking for the last few people and still need one or two lures. I think it's the same of us that have them all the time. So either lessen the cost or have multi options to pay for them with. Celestial remnents would be nice, as many of us hit max with that too.
    Basna

Shadowlander

There's so little to do in the game, I think it would make it even more hollow if they lowered thuse proces

+ Reply to Thread